Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

*** Easter Weekend 1st Tri ***

Morning all, apologies for being totally awol for the last week, super busy again so mainly internet-ed from my phone and MD is too much like hard work from that I'm afraid.

I'm sure I've missed loads but just trying to have a little catch up from yesterday's thread.

NG, thinking of you and hoping the bleeding is very much just 'one of those things' and that you get some answers ASAP.

Hopeful6, enjoy Spain! It was my 30th yesterday, had a great day and we're off to the Lakes today for a few days at a spa hotel. Not that I'll be able to use the spa properly but I can swim and have a facial and neck massage Big Smile

Jellytot, have you been given an EDD yet? I'm wondering how close we are!

BE, glad the booking in went well. All your symptoms sadly sound normal! It's when the vomiting gets to the 'so normal you do it without pausing from other activities' that you have to worry Laugh

Popcorn, your body is just telling you to do what's right for the baby, don't feel bad! If it makes it any better, why don't you try and get some meat in from a local butcher so you know it's all good quality and ethically reared then if you DO need to eat it, at least you're eating the most ethical way you can.

Hello Chimp, not seen you posting before I don't think, welcome!

TT, enjoy portugal, and telling the family! I bet they will be so excited.

AFM, 11 weeks today Smile which means only 3 days to go until CVS. I'm getting a bit nervous about the actual procedure now, whereas before I've only been anxious about the results. Fortunately we're away from today until Tuesday so can hopefully chill out a bit before the appointment. Luckily I'm good with needles but I am worried I'll suddenly heave (as there is no rhyme or reason for these episodes) as they're trying to do a delicate bit. Argh!

Replies

• Options

Morning!!

50s - no I still don't have a EDD. Got my scan a week on Thursday so will find out then. It's really really dragging. I think we must be pretty close though as I am about 11 weeks now according to the last scan so can only be a few days apart.

I hope everything goes ok with the Cvs. How long do you have to wait for the results?

NG thinking of you today, so sorry to hear its not good news x

AFM not much to report really. Hope everyone has a nice Easter weekend x

• Options

NG, so sorry to read your update. Be kind to yourself. xx

JT - we should have the results back in a week, but it *can* take longer if the sample doesn't grow on as it should. My poor sister had to wait an extra week (and at that stage - 6 years ago - the results took at fortnight at best anyway) so she ended up being nearly 15 weeks when she found out. The logic behind booking it for 11+3 is that if the results take a week, as they should, if it's bad news I can have a surgical termination whereas after 12+6 it is usually an induction which I desperately want to avoid.  

• Options

Lots of love to NG today.

Mrs 50s, I hope your scan and CVS go well, hopefully not long til you can start going a little bit wild with buying things! Have a lovely time in the Lakes.

Popcorn, hope you have a lovely weekend too.

Today is holiday day, woop. This means I need to get up and fit in 2 meals and the rest of the packing before the taxi comes in just over 3 hours! Better get moving. See you all in a week!

• Options

Morning ladies,

Couldn't get on yesterday as was at the theatre seeing Let It Be for MILs birthday. Was fab :)

Thank you for not judging me on my meat eating!

Mrs 50s yes its my plan to go to our local butchers and get some really good quality meat so that I know its been looked after as well as possible. Enjoy your break, hope you are able to relax before your test.

JT enjoy Easter!

TT have a lovely holiday, look forward to hearing all about it :)

Thinking of NG after seeing her update.

Hello to anyone else who follows.