Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

*** Friday 2nd tri ****

Replies

• I'M HAVING A LITTLE GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we found out on Wednesday and I havent had the chance to pop back on here haha

Will now go back and do personals lol

• Yay WW! If you are anything like me you will now be poor due to buying so many gorgeous girly clothes!

• Imp - What doppler do you have? I heard the heartbeat at midwives and H was really upset he missed it so we went to Babies R Us and brought one - its rubbish. Can't hear anything.

Ixia - Tell me about! This week has dragged way more than it should have!

Fig - I was desperate to go shopping after my scan but I had to go back to work :( and I still havent brought a single thing gender related... but its the weekend so thats how i'll spend my time!

Mon - Yay for a scan today, and for sleeping through! I found 1st tri worse for sleeping than second for some reason. I get us less to go to the toilet now. Dont know if thats right or wrong but wednesday showed a perfectly healthy little girl with everything in the right place so can't be too wrong!

LeeLee - touch wood i never had the heartburn phase though we are only 2 days apart (based on your ticker) so I might get struck down. At least its friday and you can pop your feet up tonight.

VT - Chip shop friday sounds like my dinner plans now!

Bertie - May be a little TMI but where is your placenta? I only ask cos at my scan on wednesday they said it was at the front and she was kicking it alot which was essentially protecting me from feeling anything... I wonder how many movements I'll end up actually feeling due to the placenta.. i get some but not like big kicks or anything (also good luck for 3rd tri!)

Wispa - Aw, hopefully your knee heals up quickly - Perhaps you're not feeling too many movements because of placenta location too? My girl on the scan is like a fish out of water haha

AFM - Had scan wednesday, as you would now know, its a girl! I was adament it was a boy and H really REALLY wanted a girl and was adament it was a girl so when they said Girl his first words were "I told you!". I was so happy to hear it was a girl but then after a couple of minutes it didnt really sink in. I've been accidentally calling baby he for ages to midwives and now i'm trying to train myself to say She. very excited, just strange to think of bump as she lol. Baby Wishful does not like ultrasounds it would seem though. Was in the wrong position and we couldnt see the facial bits we needed to, i was on my sides, on my back, every angle and it wasn't working. they needed to see nostrils and mouth and after about 30 mins scanning all the various bits she threw her hands over her face and just layed there covered up, ultrasound technician hovered over the mouth area and waited and she pulled her hands down, stuck her tongue out and covered her face back up again. It was so cute.

Bertie - i wont be the problem with girls clothes, we went to asda the other day and I lost H I eventually found him picking up girls clothes and i said "we dont know yet" and he said "oh, we do, its a girl!" and I was like "well, we're not buying anything until someone other than you tells me" and made him put them all back.. Hes excited to have another little princess and another best friend that lives in his pocket.

• Awwwwww WW!!! Congratulations!! :)

• Congrats WW.

I've got the sonoline B doppler, it's the same one as CA and Fig have got.

It's great as it's got a digi dsplay on it so you can see the heartrate so you know it's the babies that you're listening to.

• Massive congratulations, WW!

At our scan baby did nothing.  Refused to move anything other than hands and I had to do a half bridge and shake shake shake my tummy up in the air for the legs to stretch out for a measurement! It was bizarre.  I completely forgot to ask about placenta placement, but I'm going for another scan at 23 weeks, so will ask then!

• LeeLee, I can see your ticker now :) Hope you stop feeling sick soon.

VT, good luck for your scan on Monday! Mmmm enjoy your chip shop chips! I'm very jealous!

Bertie, I missed your birthday, belated birthday wishes. Glad you had a lovely day! Lovely that you can feel lots wriggles :) How exciting that you're off to 3rd tri!

Wispa, sorry your knee is hurting. I hope the frozen veg has helped.

Wishful, congratulations on your baby girl! So very exciting!

We'll tell everyone when we find out what we're having. I would just end up slipping up and referring to either he or she if we were trying to keep it a secret lol. Thanks for the tip Wispa, off to have a little look at Polam o Pyret now... :)

• Haha Wispa!  I bet that was a task!

I've just added a signature via my phone so just checking it's working

• WW- Mine is at the front too at the top. But I have felt lots of kicks and movements since quite early on. I was confused as it said posteria at my 12 week and anteria at my 20. Apparently as my womb was tilted it made it look posteria at first?!  Hopefully you will feel some more kicks and movemets soon. I must admit I feel more moving around at the top and more kicks/ tickle type feelings lower down.

I have the Angel sounds doppler from Amazon, £20 and have always heard heartbeat. I like the idea of the ones that display the heart rate though and this one doesn't.

• wow that got busy quickly haha !

so my appt was at 9.30 as usual my little diva didnt want to play, so we went away and had breakfast, went back and still not playing, so we went for a walk. thrid attempt we got everything and shes perfect :-)

they did some pics, they were great. the best one was this one with a thumbs up !

• Ahhh, yay for everything being ok!  Hello little girl.

• VT - Yep I take Ranitidine too, had to take 2 last night grrr. Mmm chips for dins lovely :) Haha poor H losing his media room but this is more important hehe

Bertie - last day here whaaattt? Have fun in the big girls club :) and happy you had a lovely birthday

wispa - sorry to hear about your knee, can you rest it for a bit? Don't worry about the movements they will come matey

WW - lovely news about your little girl and how lovely your H though that all along, enjoy the shopping :) Your little one sounds adorable with the sticky out tongue, aww cute

monnie - wow your little girl what a cheeky one haha, love the thumbs up haha our little dude did a funny thing with his hand on his nose lawl, its great seeing it, so happy all is great

• I'm bleeding again :( I'm so worried I'm at work with some mild cramping, I've put a pad on just in case and am in the middle of texting the mw for her opinion, I'm shaking!

• Oh LeeLee, try to stay calm (easier said than done I know). I hope the MW comes back to you quickly. Big hugs, do you have any friends at work who you can get a real hug from? xx

• Leelee do you have a triage you can call?  Just incase the mw doesn't come back to you straight away?  

Hugs lovel, I'm sure you're terrified.xxx

• Leelee hope all is ok.  Hugs xx

• Thinking of you LeeLee, hope you're okay xx

• LeeLee, leave work. you are 20 weeks now, go straight to the maternity assesment unit.

better be safe than sorry,

• WMonnieS xx

• I hope you are seeing someone Leelee.xx