Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

*** Mon 1st Tri ***

Hi Ladies, 

I thought I'd start the thread since i'm up early - gotta drop my car at the garage for 8am so they can fit the suspension bushes (whatever they are) and do MOT retest.

Had a better nights sleep last night so feeling better than yesterday - was so tired yesterday i actually felt quite nauseas in the afternoon. Or could that have been pregnancy symptom!!?? I was secretly hoping it might have been.

Hope all is well, who has a scan this week?

Replies

• Morning HF - Hope your car gets fixed up! The tiredness is probably pregnancy-related too :-)

It's gonna be another week off work for me I think, managing to control the vomiting by resting lots but still feeling quite rubbish! Really hoping that after this week I may start to get some energy back! The good news is that my scan is on Thursday :-D really excited!

Hope everyone is well x

• I think the tiredness was definitely to do with late night on Friday night due to girly night out and then saturday night my toddler decided to wake up at 1:30am and just be awake for two sodding hours!!

Hope your vomiting subsides soon!

• Well that could have something to do with it I guess! Glad you got a good night last night x

• Morning all. I'm still off work due to.slapped cheek at school so jobs to do today. Early scan on thursday which I'm really nervous about. 8 weeks and 1 day today x

• Morning All!

HF- Hope the retest goes through okay and you get your car sorted! Glad you are feeling a little less tired today!

BE- How long have you have MS for? Hope it goes away soon! Good luck for your scan on Thursday, looking forward to seeing pics!

AFM- Had the worst nights sleep last night. My eyes don't even feel like that are open yet! Could literally just collapse at my desk right now and get a face full of museli. Nap as soon as I get home tonight I think! But... it's scan day tomorrow!! Yeyyy!!

• Mermaid - Try not to be nervous, I know it's hard xx

Sam - Had MS bad since 8 weeks, on tablets but trying to cut them down as they give me terrible bloating and blockage lol! Hopefully the thought of a nap later will keep you going, yey for scan tomorrow!

• Morning everyone.

Sorry for not bring in every day, I'm trying to keep my feet on the ground a bit so I'm staying away a little bit. I have been checking in on everyone though.

HF- I hope your car passes this time around. What did you decide about your trailer etc? I know what you mean about hoping for MS!

BE- your MS sounds dreadful, how long have you had it for? I hope it eases for you soon. Good luck for your scan on Thursday.

Mermaid- It sounds as though you're making the most of the time off. Good luck for your early scan on Thursday too!

Sam- you poor thing, tiredness is the worst. Early night for you. Good luck for your scan tomorrow!

AFM- well, I am driving myself mental. I'm symptom spotting like crazy and I can't stop myself no matter how hard I try. I definitely feel nauseous, I've not been sick, yet. I'm not sure if its too early for MS though? I'm at the doctors tonight, at 7pm, so going to ask if she'll refer me for an early scan. If she won't then I'm going to get one booked myself privately. I'm already nervous about it, this next few weeks I'll be living on my nerves.

• Imp - Fingers crossed that you get your early scan, how far gone are you now? I understand why you want MS, people keep telling me that it's a 'good thing' and means everything is ok so I try to remember that! A couple of people have even said that bad MS means a good birth but I reckon that one is a lie!

• Morning all

HF - Your car knowledge is on par with mine :-) Hope it gets fixed

BE - Countdown to Thursday, have you spoken to your MW about the sickness?

Mermaid - No advice really on the nerves, I was a mess leading up to mine and nothing calmed me down at all. Apart from actually having the scan. Not long now though x

Sam - Poor thing, work on no sleep is grim! ow are you feeling about tomorrow?

AFM - Not mucg to report, was sick last night for the first time in weeks, think it was because I was so tired though, I worked until midnight on Sat. Proper felt it on Sunday! Feeling good today though!

Hi to all that follow

• LP- Bloody hell, working until midnight!? I'd have no chance of surviving that late at the minute. I'm feeling pretty anxious about tomorrow but trying to stay positive. H is convinced my bump is baby and not cake so that's a sign that things are going well!? I just know I will feel so much better after seeing baby and knowing everything is fine. I so want to ask if I can take the scanner away and keep myself strapped to it 24/7 so I can keep an eye on muffin at all times.. I'm worried this might come across as being a tad OTT..!? :) From the dates I'm 13 + 5 today. Have had to buy a stretchy jersey skirt for work over the weekend as my work pants were getting a bit snug! Feel soooo much comfier today.

I definitely think I would book myself in for an early scan if I had to. My scan is late due to the hospital dragging their feet so couldn't have coped going this long if I hadn't already of had 1!

• LP - Yes spoke to MW and GP, the tablets do reduce the sickness but I feel far from well. It's been getting me down a bit as I obviously wasn't prepared for it, the scan will be a nice reminder of what it's all for though :-) working until midnight?! Bless you, my current bedtime is about 8:30 haha!

Sam - I keep saying to H that I wish we could have a weekly scan so I know it's all ok! Plus, I'd love to see the changes in baby. When I had my scan at 6 weeks the baby was 2mm long so couldn't see anything, looking forward to seeing something that resembles a baby :-)

• BE- I had a scan at 7 weeks and it looked like a slug and was about 3mm so am too looking forward to finding out there is a baby in there and not some slimy slug!  This time tomorrow will be on my way eek! p.s the same about the 8.30pm bedtime. I'm needing about 10 hours sleep at the minute just to function normally. Feel really sorry for you on the MS front. Really hope it goes away soon!

• Yes I worked until midnight but then on Sunday I sat on the living room floor to sort through some papers and OH came in and I was asleep, just in the middle of the floor. Slpet for an hour! Must have just collapsed! :-)

• LP- Aww you must have been shattered! Everytime I sit on the settee at the minute I fall asleep. If H wants to do something after work he knows to get me out of the house asap because as soon as I get settled im ZZZZzzzzzzzzz.

• Hi all, again another quick one from me today as I'm at work.

Glad to see we have some more scans coming up this week, how exciting, looking forward to seeing the pics already. Hope all goes well.

Seeing as they put me forward by almost a week at my scan I'm guessing this is my last week in 1st tri? do you move at 14 weeks or before?

I hope everyone has a good day x

• Hi MrsB,

I have no idea about when we should be moving to 2nd tri but I think I shall be winging my way over there soon. Will see what they say tomorrow and then decide.

• Mrs B - I am planning on moving at 14 weeks which only gives me about 5 days here :-( It's going so quickly already!

• 1st Tri is going to get quiet again then! I'll be a couple of weeks behind you.