Forum home› Pregnancy› Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

*** Monday 3rd Tri ***

2»

Replies

• MrsBass- We were out last weekend and H was walking at his usual pace.. not remembering his wife was 33 weeks pregnant and also wearing heels! haha I was literally walking super duper slow.

Really doesn't sound like you have a good day coming up with all those tests. The WC jab just made my arm really ache too but I didn't have any other side effects. I haven't had my flu jab yet, I forgot to ask the midwife about it too? Should I be getting it before baby is here!?

• Sam I have a very hiccupy baby too. My first had lots of hiccups too and at 21 mths still gets hiccups every time she laughs!

Banzy sounds like you are getting very organised. New furniture sounds exciting

MrsBass take it easy with the walking. I wasn't sure when the flu jab was available from, are you are to get yours now? I will have to ring my gp surgery and get booked in

PS hi hope you are well

PC that sounds like such a lovely surprise. Mmmm cake....

• Im not looking forward to it at all! I usually have to eat every couple of hours! Glad to hear you only had sore arems though, fingers crossed!

i thought I would ask as i was calling up for the WC and GTT. She said they weren't getting the flu in until 12 October so she has booked me in for then. the Starvation & WC  day is 2 days earlier!

• MrsBass- I need to get booked in for my flu jab too. When I phoned the GP and asked about the jabs a few weeks ago she acted like I was a crazy OCD lady asking about it so soon! I think she said they come in at the beginning-mid October so will only be a few weeks before my due date. Just checked the NHS website and it's apparently okay to have whenever so will try and get it done sooner rather than later.

Just got back off lunch. Less than 3 hours until hometime whoohoo (although the house needs a full clean when I get home so I'm not sure it's something to be too happy about..)

• MrsBass - 12th oct is later than I thought, I thought it was late September. Not sure I'll be able to get it done in time :(

Sam- hope your afternoon goes quickly and you get your housework done so can sit with your feet up.

• poor you Sam! my brother and family are comming for lunch on Saturday so I need to scrub the house but I think I'll save that for during the day Thursday. Far to knackered to do it in the evening!

Jellytot- each surgery will probably be different so it is always worth asking!

think im going to use some flexi to leave early today! Cant wait to be home!

• JT- Definitely double check when the flu jabs are coming in. They will probably have more of a definite date now that it's close to the time.

MrsBass- Jealous of your early finish! To be fair I have actually done some work this afternoon so it's gone quickly. We were meant to clean the house yesterday but put it off and because we have a super hairy Labrador the livingroom looks like we have black carpet rather than the laminate we actually have. (it really isn't this bad, but you get the gist!!)

• Had a chat with H on dinner about the car situation. We share a car as can't afford or justify the expense of 2 as we literally work a 1 minute drive from each other. H took a job with his dad thinking there would be no need for a car for him hence me having it whilst on mat leave. Since he has started there it has become apparent that he is out in the car at least once a day but there are no set days and it is literally as and when things spring up.

I know this is going to be a nightmare when I'm on mat leave as I live what is only a 20 minute drive for most of my family and friends but more like an hour on the bus.. and I know H is going to suggest I take the car and drop it off with him if he needs it as he is usually only out in it for an hour or less at a time but this obviously isn't going to work as it means I won't be able to plan or do anything in case H phones.

Feeling a bit annoyed with it all as it just feels like I'm going to be left without a car when it has been me that hasn't had the car and walked and got the train to work before H worked close by and wasn't bringing me and picking me up. I will have to look at the train but again this is going to mean a 20 minute walk to get to the train station and then however long when I get off to where I want to go.

I know a car isn't a 'necessity' but we were looking to move house only a few months ago where I would have been a good 40 minute drive from family and friends, in the middle of nowhere but closer to H's daughter. In light of the converstion that I can see happening tonight I'm so glad we didn't do this now as I would feel completely stranded!

• Evening everyone!

LP, is it warm where you are? It's suddenly gone warm again here and my feet have gone fat! I hope the last few working days go very quickly for you.

JT, glad I'm not the only one still needing to pack a bag! This week I really need to go and pick up more basics like wipes and cotton wool.

Sam, sounds like hiccups to me! They feel slightly tickly to me, and are usually really low, almost into my right hip. They're very regular, rhythmic tickles Smile Hope you get the car situation sorted - could you justify buying a cheap little runaround, just insuring 3rd party, for H while you are on maternity? If you got something with as much tax and MOT on as poss it should keep you going and then could even be resold after?

Banzy, I'm sure it'll all come together quickly now the room's decorated - for us, we felt like we couldn't sort anything until we had somewhere to put it!

Mrs Bass - 30 mins walk to work!! 20 mins walking in one go has been my limit for weeks and weeks now, I'd need a little lie down if I had to walk 30 mins to work! I think the Boots changing bag is tiny, but then having never done the baby thing before maybe I'm just anticipating taking far too much stuff with me! I bought the iCandy changing bag to match the pram, couldn't resist and it was half price because it was last season's colour. Bargain! Finally, I had my WC vaccine on Wednesday and apart from a very sore arm after (there's still a 2p-ish sized hard lump that feels very bruised) I felt fine, no other side effects. Hope you feel ok after yours.

Hi Poppy, nice to see you in here!

Popcorn, surprise baby shower sounds lovely! And cake is always a bonus! Hope baby appreciates the ball bouncing and starts to move in the right direction.

AFM - I am so breathless this week! I have my positioning scan on Weds, I'm getting more anxious the closer we get. I've been feeling wiggles low down and at the back, towards my bottom - REALLY hoping these are hands, as the heartbeat is still heard low, I've felt hiccups nice and low, and the odd big thumpy movement which I'm hoping is a kick higher up. However, I'm not feeling as many kicks but then I also know this is normal as baby has less room.

• MrsBass- you have my sympathies. I had to clean the house on Friday for MIL coming for the weekend. It's now a mess again. I dread to think what it will be like when I go into hospital for a few days.

I don't like the boots changing bag. It has a lovely big changing mat but not big enough for the amount of junk I like to take out and doesn't look very nice. Since having W I rarely get to use a handbag, just stick my bits like phone keys etc in the changing bag, and am using it every day, so I think its worth getting one that looks nice. I did find it handy for keeping in the corner of the living room for downstairs nappy changes though. In the early days when you change their nappy so often it was too much hassle to keep going up and downstairs so I just used to have the boots bag in the living room with some nappies , wipes, mat and sudocrem in and use that for daytime changes.

Sam- pets and laminate is a nightmare isn't it. We have two cats and its bad so must be much worse with a lab

Is there much to do close to where you live- ie baby groups, shops etc?  We sold my car when I decided I wasn't returning to work and I thought it would be a nightmare but its fine once you get used to it. I can walk to the supermarket, and just buy a few bits at a time. my non baby friends all work monday to friday so even with my own car i wouldnt see them mid week anyway. Could family not come to you rather than you go to them? Even with a car that would be easier anyway rather than you having the hassle of getting baby in and out of car, making sure you have a changing bag packed with everything etc.

If you have a look at the sure start website you should be able to see where your nearest children centres are that run a lot of baby groups to see if theres one you could walk to. Plus a lot of local churches run groups too ( and not religious groups, just used as a place to use the hall). You would make friends then at the groups with people with babies a similar age and that live near you.

50s- why do you need another scan? Is it to check positioning of placenta? Or that they think baby is not head down? Will be nice to get another peek at baby though.