Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

*** Thurs 3rd Tri ***

Ooh, my penultimate day at work, exciting and a bit frightening!

I have a feeling baby has turned back to back, so spent most of yesterday evening leaning forward on the ball. In my head my vbac relies on this baby being OA, I'm getting paranoid now.

Hope you're all doing well and baby out vibes to Noodle!

BG 37+6

Replies

• Options

Hi BG- Enjoy your last day at work. Leaning forward on the ball sounds like a good idea, hopefully that works for you.]

AFM - No plans again today. So will mainly be spending my time on here, haha.

Baby out vibes for Noodle! x

• Options

Morning all,

BG - my penultimate day too, hoorah! You've still got a couple of weeks, I'm sure baby will turn the right way. At least from next week you can spend as much time as you want leaning on your ball. I've saved up all my floor cleaning for next week for the same reason!

MS - I'm planning on doing the bare minimum at work for today and tomorrow so will see you on here!

AFM - looking forward to finishing work tomorrow. The combination of my useless replacement and my boss burying her head in the sand about my departure I'm more than ready to go. Dinner round a friend's house tonight - it's one of H's friends who works in HR and I have some questions about some restructures that are going to be taking place in my team in the weeks after I finish so I want to pick his brains - he offered to talk me through it all with the bonus that his wife would cook us all dinner - score!

Baby out vibes for Noodle!! xx

• Options

Morning All,

BG- Yey for penultimate day! As popcorn says you still have a few weeks for baby to turn if they are indeed back to back! Hope you can enjoy your last 2 days at work.

MS- I seem to spend all of my time on here even though I'm still working full time, it's addictive! Have a lovely day.

Popcorn- Argh, another penultimate day! How exciting. Sounds like you are definitely on to a winner tonight. Free advice AND dinner, what more could a pregnant lady ask for! haha

AFM- Baby was being super wriggly last night and woke me up a few times. I was in bed for about half an hour this morning just feeling her squirming about in there. Can't believe how different it feels compared to just a few months ago!

• Options

Sam - it's lovely when the flutters turn in to wriggles which then become full on kicks - it happens so quickly! Hope you don't mind me asking but how are things with your H now? I missed a few threads last week and over the weekend so not sure if you've updated. Hope things are ok x

• Options

Morning ladies,

It seems quiet on here today, I expected that getting on so late would mean there was about three pages!

BG fingers crossed baby turns

MS hope you are well

PC hope you get the answers you want from your HR friend

Sam enjoy the baby wriggles, it feels lovely doesn't it

AFM busy day yesterday painting (again!). My mum is doing some glossing for me today but as W is at home I can't help so am just staying out of the way. Slowly working through washing all my baby clothes- but that means my ironing pile is growing higher :(

One week today is my consultant appointment when I should get the date for my CS. Very excited!

Baby out vibes to noodle and anyone else in need

JT 33 weeks

• Options

Morning

BG-yay for last day at work, hope its a lovely day. Rocking on allfours is good to move a back toback baby, when do you next see someone?

mummyS-have a lovely relaxing day

popcorn-yay for your last day also, hope it all does well. Have a lovely dinner

samjh87-its such a lovely feeling isnt it?

thanks for all the vibes ladies keep them coming,  now 40+1 no signs of anything happening im coming to terms with induction! Saw the doctor yesterday blooming useless!

• Options

Missed you there JT make sure you stay out the way of the glossing, I tend to just close the door on my ironing haha what I cant see doesnt need doing!

• Options

Popcorn- Thanks for asking and of course I don't mind! Things have been 100x better. Everything has been so relaxed and easy. He really has taken a step back and I think he did just realise how stressed I was getting. I'm getting a bit more short tempered and grumpy than I usually am because I'm getting a bit more tired towards the end (perfect example being last night!) but he just gives me space and keeps calm himself so that I can simmer down and realise I'm throwing a paddy over nothing. Feel so much better about everything and our relationship has become easy and straightforward again :)

• Options

Ms - spending time on here is as good a use of it as any other!

Pc - how good is that Friday feeling going to be for both of us! Hope your last couple of days are easier, either that or you care less! Enjoy your dinner and hope you did out what you want and need.

Sam - it's amazing how the movements change over time.

JT - please don't tell me you are ironing baby clothes!?!

Noodle - don't forget the average is 40+7, still plenty of time for baby to make an entrance of their own accord. I next see consultant on Wednesday when I have a growth scan too. I'm thinking if this one is smaller I may go overdue too? I'm not fussed about going over, just would ideally like to get to September.

• Options

That's a great update Sam, glad to hear it x

• Options

BG- I had never thought about the September baby thing until you mentioned it on here. One of my colleagues has a grandson due next Thursday and she said they are desperately hoping to hold out for a September baby too! What are your reasons for keeping legs crossed until Sunday?

• Options

Thanks BG I hate focusing on a due date and I say to my friends its unusual for babies to arrive then and then I focused on it myself! How big was A? At least the scan will tell youif back to back and you still have time to try and get baby to turn

• Options

Just for the school year thing, a September baby will be the oldest in their year, August the youngest. Speaking to some teacher friends they say it CAN make a big difference, however they all cited exceptions. My H is an August birthday and was moved up a year in primary school, so it didn't affect him much. I think if my due date was August I'd be fine with it.

The upside to an August baby is a years less childcare to pay though!

• Options

Thought that would be the reason. There is an article on the Daily Fail website about it today. My H is an August baby too and if his academic achievements are anything to go by I definitely suggest standing on your head for the next couple of days just to make double sure she isn't coming out before September! haha

• Options

A was 9lb at 40+0 (or 39+1 by my dates) so not shockingly big but big for my 5'3" petit frame. The consultant, mw and my mw friend all think she's a more average size, and I certainly don't feel or look as big as I was last time. I'm more worried about her position than her size though, so will be helpful to check that next week.

It's so hard when you spend all year focusing on one date, either way they'll be here soon!

• Options

Morning all! 3rd tri...how scary! :/

BG, oo how exciting! Enjoy today and tomorrow! Hope baby behaves and gets in the right position.

MS, will see you about then lol. Not much planned here!

Popcorn, enjoy your dinner x

Sam, this one is a wriggler, as soon as I sit down in the evenings or get into bed he wakes up. I get a few kicks during the day but nothing compared to the evenings! The weird bit is seeing my tummy move as he kicks! Glad to hear your relationship is back on track, it's such a tiring time and even though this is a bit cliche, hormones really do affect us all x

JT, busy busy! My ironing pile is so high now but can only manage about half an hour at a time so hoping to take a day to do it next week when school starts again!

Noodle, baby out vibes to you!

Well, afm. I am new here but do recognise most of you from the other boards before you moved over :o) I am 27 weeks today! Having a boy who will be my second son, B is 6. Been having trouble some days with my back and hips but other than that, no issues.  Have a home birth planned so mw appointments have been at home which has helped on days I can barely manage to climb the stairs!

Looking forward to getting to know you all :o)

• Options

Chimp- Welcome to 3rd tri! It does seem scary at first but it definitely starts getting a lot more exciting! I nearly jumped out of bed a few weeks ago when I was lay on my left side, hand under bump and I felt her whole body move rather than just kicks. Was the first time it had happened and took me by surprise! Was your last birth at home? Glad it has made it easier that your mw appointments have been at home.

• Options

Thanks Sam. No, B was born in CLU. Had planned for MLU but my waters trickled 24 hours so they induced me to start labour properly. I have the added reassurance of my OH being a paramedic so that puts me slightly more in the right frame of mind for it I think. Yes, when they do a big move about, feels so strange lol.

• Options

Ahh, a paramedic on hand would be very reassuring! After reading the home birth thread yesterday I did think.. 'ohh I wonder if I should have opted for one!' but then the reality of having a small house, mental dog and cat that likes to get in the most awkward position made me realise that trying for the MLU would be much better! haha Are you looking at getting a pool etc? What pain relief are you thinking about?

• Options

We are hoping to have a pool, if we can fit in into our living room and the company say the floor is the right type! We are in a top floor flat so the floor needs to be concrete and able to hold enough, I am sure it will be fine though! I will hire one online :o)

I will have gas and air and hopefully pethidine but need to check if I need to get a prescription for mw to us or if they can bring some. OH can administer it if they say it's ok. He nearly have to take blood out of my hand too as the locum mw at my 10 week appointment wasn't trained to take it out of the hand lol.

Last time I was booked into a MLU with no CLU available and I said no at about 38 weeks and instead decided on the MLU at the hospital so I knew I had the CLU there in case.