Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

**** Wednesday 3rd Tri ****

Morning ladies

I've not been around much the last couple of days. This potty training business is rather time consuming! Had a bit of a tough day yesterday so I was very glad to get to my aquayoga class last night! Baby moving lots still but not much else to report. 

Hope everyone well.

Replies

• Morning WG, I've been absent too, sorry. Hope you get more success with the potty today, and enjoy the aqua yoga later :-)

For those who asked, thanks, I had a good time at the games in Glasgow on Sunday. We had athletics tickets so saw the 100m and 400m heats, the 5000m final (shame Mo Farah had pulled out) plus a few field events. We actually drove back that night, getting in at just after 1am since I wasn't comfy in the campervan. Had a nice day Monday shopping for last minute bits, but didn't sleep at all Mon night so felt awful yesterday. Mum and Dad popped over and started tackling the jungle that's masquerading as a front garden, and will finish it today.

My plans for today are to take delivery of the birth pool this morning, pick up baby's vitamin K drops from the GP this afternoon, and we have our "just in case" labour ward tour this evening. After today, we're set for baby to arrive whenever it wants, although, not a single sign of anything yet!

• Morning everyone. I'm hopping over to 3rd tri if that's OK!

WG potty training sounds like a nightmare! Hope you haven't got too much washing from it. Glad you enjoyed aquayoga.

Bf that's good that you had a lovely time at the games. Did you have far to drive back that night? Sounds like you are prepared for baby. I assume you are having a home birth?

Well its our 4th wedding anniversary today and I'm 29 weeks so we are going to have dinner out today. Getting my whooping cough jab this morning so hope my arm doesn't ache too much.

• Morning all,

WG - potty training is hard, hope you are seeing signs of getting there though.

BF - sounds like you are almost sorted! It's so exciting! :)

AFM - went to kiddicare yesterday to make the most of the sale and got a few bits but mainly gifts for birthdays/Christmas for nephews and goddaughter! I guess that's a pro/con of not finding out gender, you don't spend as much but don't benefit from good deals when you see them!

Today I'm going to try and finish off the washing, going to do the nappies so they are ready to go when I need them. Some need washing a few time which is a PITA but once it's done it's done I guess. Hospital bag is almost done too! I feel like things are finally getting sorted and we're almost ready to have a baby! :)

Hello to everyone that follows! X

• Missed you there bunny - welcome to third tri! Happy wedding anniversary hope you have a lovely meal tonight x

• Morning browny. I'm debating as to whether to make the journey to kiddicare or not as its an hour away. Sounds like you got some bargains. Hope that the sun is shining near you to help with the washing, its overcast here. Yay to almost having your hospital bag done!

• Morning Ladies,

Sad news about Kiddicare, I agree. My OH and I made the hour journey when I was 18 weeks pregnant to our local one and found it quite reasonable and also a welcome change to just Mothercare. Also, with some items you want to see them in person rather than just online!

AFM - had midwife appointment yesterday, all good measurement wise and head is down, which I did think due to the pressure/constant need to wee. Ended up going out with OH to a small shopping complex about an hour away, we had lunch in the sun and a potter round the shops, it was really good and pleasant compared to my pregnant woman tears the day before!! No great plans for today, I really need to pack my hospital bag - I've bought everything just not sorted it out yet and midwife wants me to come up with some thoughts about our birth plan before I see her in 2 weeks.

Random question: How is everyone's hair? My hair is out of control, it's got to long and thick, I don't think I've ever had to have it cut so often! I've got an appointment in 2 weeks but tempted to see if I can move it to earlier because I just wear my hair up it looks such a state. Also, at the ripe old age of 27, I have what I consider to be large chunks/stripes of grey - wondering if this is just a pregnancy thing or will stay? May need to consider a colour!!

Enjoy Wednesday :o)

Alipops x

• Morning ladies

WG - Glad you managed to unwind at aqua yoga...I agree this potty training lark is mentally challenging and exhausting too! I felt like I was watching O like a hawk the whole time!!

BF - Glad you enjoyed the games. Sure the garden will look fab when it's finished.

Bunny - Happy anniversary!! Hope you have a lovely meal tonight.

Browny - sounds like you're being very productive just now, at least the weather is on our side with the washing at the mo!

AFM - off to my 38 week mw appointment in a mo. Had lots of period type pains the past few days and lost a bit of plug on Monday. Hoping all signs that the end is in sight. I've also gone into nesting overdrive...emptied the washbaskets, made up the crib, scrubbed the bathroom and kitchen to within an inch of their lives and steam mopped all the floors!

Have a great day all xxx

• Hi Bunny, yes, all planned for home birth. I wouldn't sleep on a ward, and hate the fact that in NHS hospitals (only option within 80 miles of home) husbands can't stay over with you for as long as you're in, so thought we'd better just stay here! We had a 6hr ish drive back. We live in Warwickshire so a fair way, but Ok if sharing driving.

Browny, sounds like you're pretty much sorted too. Good feeling isn't it?

Alipops, great news that baby is in position. My hair and nails have been fantastic since the start of 2nd tri. Hair just doesn't seem to get greasy and I have to remember to wash it because it doesn't ever look like it needs it these days. Dreading the post pregnancy return to normal, with accompanying hair loss though. I'm having a final colour and trim on Friday :-)

• BF - it's great that you're now ready for baby to arrive, you can relax now and enjoy the rest of the time you have left.

Bunny - great to have you join us here! Happy anniversary, enjoy your dinner out today. Also hope the whooping cough jab isn't too bad, mine was fine really last week.

Browny - I'm glad that you feel things are finally getting sorted ready for baby, it's nice to have everything 'done' so that you can just relax and wait.

Ali - pleased to hear you had a nice day yesterday. My hair grows really fast anyway so I've not noticed anything different in pregnancy. My nails on the otherhand are growing rapidly!

Coco- you're right, potty training is mentally and physically draining, thankfully he's at nursery today so I can try to get on top of our state of a carpet! Hope your MW appointment goes well, can't believe you're almost 38 weeks!  

It is sad about all the Kiddicare stores closing but I can't say I'm surprised to be honest. We live near the main store and it wasn't so long ago that it was the only one and then all of a sudden they're popping up everywhere. Despite living 5 mins away, I tend to order most things online. Their online service is so good and sometimes it's just been easier to do it that way, especially when their car park is always full!

As for the potty training, he did really, really well this morning so I'm feeling a bit more positive today. Fingers crossed he does well at nursery. Today it's a day of cleaning and general bits around the house. Oh and ordering some more potty training related paraphernalia...

• Alipops - my hair has been really dry, I hardly need to wash it but just looks a state most of the time!

Coco - good luck for mw appointment. I've been having lots of pains and aches down low (lots last night!) but just putting it down to pelvis loosening and baby engaging further maybe :/ hope you aren't waiting too much longer to meet baby!

WG - glad this morning was better, let's hope it continues! X

• Hi All,

Hope everyone is doing ok!

WG - hope you are ok and potty training continues to go well!

Barefoot - sounds like you are ready for kick-off!!!

Bunny - welcome to 3rd tri  - hope you are keeping well. Happy anniversary

Browny -  good luck with all the washing!!  Its great when thats all done!

Alipops - sounds like baby is in a good position!  Enjoy the last few weeks of quiet ! My hair is much thicker and curlier which is wierd. Dont get a heart attack but its usual that quite a bit falls out after pregnancy :)

Coco - i think we are the next in line...i wonder which of us will be first....i'm thinking you if you have already lost some of your plug. I'm scheduled for my c-section tomorrow in 2 weeks.... Lots of bhs and exhausted but thats it!

AFM - lots of painful bhs but nothing regular. Baby is still moving lots but it can really hurt as there is no more space. Everything is ready and i'm wondering if baby will stay put until the 14.08!  Midwife yesterday and cervix is softening and baby is at 3/5. but im not sure if thats good or bad!

Hugs to all xx sue

• Alipops I have found some stray white hairs that I hadn't noticed before! Mines got thicker too and fluffier.

Coco all sounds like good signs to me!

Bf sounds like the right option for you.

WG that's good that potty training is going better. It is sad about kiddicare. I think I might go for a visit Saturday when h is at work.

Sue That does sound like baby is getting ready to make an appearance at some point.

Had my whooping cough jab. The nurse informed me that it's very likely I will get a sore arm especially as I had it a year ago too. Hoping she's wrong!

• Hi All,

WG - glad potty training is going a bit better today, something will click I am sure and then you will be away.  we was on the verge of quitting with Molly for a while and she just decided it was ok after all Laugh

BF - sounds like a good weekend at the Games, I would have loved to see some of it! hope your visit to the labour ward goes ok

Bunny - Happy Anniversary, enjoy your dinner

Browny - we did similar on Sunday with Kiddicare and made some good savings on some bits we were holding off on but it was worth getting due to the discount

Alipops - Get that bag packed! I cannot help with the birth plan as I don't have one, I am High Dependecny so I am pretty much lead by my consultant

Coco - Hey due date buddy!!  hope your appointment goes well, I am basically the same as you at the moment, I am not sure I could take another four weeks of this if I went over! so much pressure in my bump!

Sue - sounds like everything is going to plan

AFM - Well baby is fully engaged now so the waiting game is on, aiming to make my last day at work on Friday when I will be 38 weeks, this is the point that Molly arrived so I kind of had that in my head as a possibility.  Bags are all packed and we are all ready at home.  Baby Shower at work tomrorow and we are going to the Sanderson Hotel for the "Mad Hatters Tea Party" themed afternoon tea, really looking forward to it.......knowing my luck labour will commence tonight Laugh

We still have no name and we are no where close, my OH thinks it is funny which is winding me up even more.  I just hope as soon as he/she arrives we look at them and a name comes to mind!

• Ahh busy here now!

Coco, sorry I missed you. Exciting that things seem to be starting for you, or heading in the right direction anyway.

Sue, seems like your little one is making progress too :-). Wish mine would show some sign of being interested in the outside world!

Nina, enjoy your shower and afternoon tea. Sounds really lovely, so hope the weather holds for you. As for names, we're in a similar situation. We're sorted with a boy's name, but have a sneaky feeling it may be a girl, and we just can't decide!

Pool has now arrived: 3 boxes in the dining room, so hubby can work out the instructions later :-)

• Sue - sounds like things are going in the right direction! You're not far off being fully engaged!

Bunny - my arm ached for a day or two so yours might, hope it's not too bad.

Nina - your baby shower sounds amazing! Hope you make it lol. I hope you don't have to wait too long to meet baby! We haven't decided on names either. We have a top 3 but now I'm doubting even those!

BF - enjoy getting the pool ready!