Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

*****Birth Announcement Rockclimbingtigger******

Replies

• Congratulations to the RCT family and welcome Joshua, I hope you are home as soon as you can be x

• Huge congratulations RCT. Hoping for a quick recovery for you and that Joshua's stay in NICU is a short one xx

• Congratulations! Wishing him a straightforward, uncomplicated NICU journey.

Hollywood - that is lovely.

• congratulations RCT. I did wonder if there was going to be a BA when I logged on this morning. wishing you lots of strength xxx I hope you are recovering well xxx stay strong xxx

• Congratulations :) x

• Congrats. I wish you a quick recover and hope that Joshua Harry's stay is short and sweet and he is home with you in no time x

• Well he just couldn't wait to meet you! Congratulations on the birth of Joshua. Sending you lots of love and strength xxx

• Congratulations RCT - lots of vibes to you both xx

• Congratulations!  Hope Joshua's NICU stay is a simple one xx

• Congratulations RCT.  I hope Joshua continues to grow in strength and is home as quickly as possible x

• HUge congratulations RCT. I hope Joshuas stay in NICU is a very short one.

HW - that is lovely and made me cry!

• Many Congratulations and welcome Joshua!

• Hi all. Sorry very poor reception here. Thank you section4 for the ba - very much appreciated.

Hollywood - you bugger. I'm sat here sobbing reading those words. They are *So* what I needed. What a stunning beautiful post written by someone who's either been there or can truly empathise with us.

Joshua is doing well, he's on assisted ventilation but they aren't going to try to do anything else today and are letting him settle. Give him a few days as his nurse tells me these first few are crucial and he could deteriorate at any point. I'm just desperate to get to Nottingham now!!

I can read posts but can't always post. Your hugs, love and vibes mean so much.

Rct and mr rct xxx

• he's gorgeous. I'll try and bounce your other post as well as I managed to photo some of the book. remember to look after yourself.x

ps Luke had a yellow knitted blanket exactly the same when he was born. x

• He is beautiful. Is it Nottingham he has been transferred to?

• BawlBawlBawl - Now it's your turn to make me cry. Oh my God he's beautiful.

He looks good but you are right in that the 48 hours post birth are generally regarded as a "honeymoon period" as he is still benefiting from everything he's taken from you these last few days. The incubator is no substitute for the womb BUT you know what? He's a bloody good weight for 26 weeks, although weight is not the be all and end all but he has some reserve there, and they're on it. They do amazing things. You can't believe it really.

All you can do for the moment is sit back and gaze at every inch of your miracle and think he's going all the way! Big Hug for you and Mr RCT -men seem to handle the journey totally differently from women, in my experience. My best piece of advice is remember it is OK for each of you to feel how you feel at any given time. Sometimes it may feel like you are not on the same page but that's normal. Just look after each other. He will be your rock now xxx

• Congratulations to you both. Fingers crossed he settles well these next few days and his stay in NICU is uneventful.

• Congratulations, he is beautiful. Keeping everything crossed for a short and straightforward NICU stay x

• Congratulations, little Joshua is just gorgeous. Hoping your journey ahead is as straight forward as it can be xx

• Hi abnormal kitty. Yes he's in qmc at Nottingham currently. I'm still at Boston in Lincolnshire - awaiting a bed. Thanks for bouncing Carole - I have a pack here that the neonatal unit here brought down with a big book so I'm ploughing my way through that in between expressing every 3 hours!

Again thanks all xxx