Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

***1st Tri Weekly 27th Oct***

Morning ladies! How are we all and how was everyone's weekends? 

Ive had a really busy week. Viewing houses, going to a birthday party. We haven't seen any houses that have stood out to us so far. 

This weekend it's D's first birthday party so I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone and telling them the news. I'm hoping that Dex really enjoys his party. We're having it at the same place we got married so it will be really nice to go back there. 

Hi to everyone who follows!

Replies

• Morning MS! i can never remember when 2nd tri kicks in, although i'm sure it's sometime this week! sounds like you had a busy weekend!  Sorry to hear you didn't see anything you liked.

That sounds fab about the party for D! i hope he has a fab time!  

AFM - For the most part, i'm feeling pretty good.  Baby has been stretching lots over the last few days so tummy has been a bit crampy and sore.  Went to see the inlaws at the weekend and they're all trying to guess what we're having.  Think the general consensus is that they think it'll be another boy. I think girl, but i don't think that's an instinct thing, more a 'this pregnancy is different from the last time, so i think it must be a girl'.

Hi to all who follow! :-)

• Hi RKB. I think 2nd Tri starts around week 14. So you're not far off now. Glad to hear you're feeling good. It's good fun trying to guess isn't it. Will you be finding out?

My pregnancy has been pretty much the same this time apart from having more sickness this time. So I am going for boy again. Although we wont be finding out this time.

• We're not sure if we're going to find out.  With W, i was convinced he was a boy, but we didn't find out.  I'm not sure if i want to know this time or not...

• Bumping for the new  ladies with BFPs and any lurkers

• Hello ladies, I'm tentatively dipping my toe in the first tri waters. Hopefully once I've had my early scan I'll feel a bit more comfortable and confident that I am actually host to a growing human being, but for now I'd just like to say hi and fingers crossed I'll be around more frequently very soon! x

• Hi ST! Welcome! how far along are you?

• Hi ST! You're very welcome to dip your toe in and out as much as you like. When is your early scan? X

• Hi RKB! Only 5+4, so after so long it's taking some time to get my head around.

• That's understandable! I'm so happy to see you here though! I'm nearly 14 weeks and i still find myself thinking 'Oh yeah!'  followed swiftly by a swear word!  :-) I have everything crossed for you that you have an easy and event free pregnancy! :-)

• Knock Knock.....

Hello.... I feel like it's a bit early for me to come over here but I'm excited and nervous and terrified and incapable of doing any work today so thought I'd come and say hello to you lovely ladies.

We got our bfp this morning, I'm 5 weeks today so still a long way to go. I just wanted to come and say hi, we've had a few bfps in the past couple of weeks so hopefully this thread will get busier.

I'm thinking of going for an early scan, I've read they can be done from 7 weeks, has anyone else had one?

DPx

• Hi everyone, nice to see there are a few more in here now :) I've hidden away for a few days as still didn't actually believe I was really pregnant. After moaning at H for a few days he booked a private scan for this morning and I'm happy to report there is a perfect little bean with a real life heartbeat in there! They' ve put me at 6+5 (I was 7+1 by my dates) but he did say that may change at the 12 week scan- finally feels real now!

Just thought that as there were a few more of us newbies a little into might be nice- I'm la I'm 29, been married for nearly 3 years and have one little one already J who will be 2 in a couple of weeks. I live in Kent and work PT as an internal auditor ( yes it's actually as boring as it sounds!)

• Dolly just read your post- we just had one this morning and although I thought I was around 7 weeks I'm a bit earlier- we saw the heart beating quite clearly and could hear it- I can see a bean shaped blob on ours x

• I had an early scan with this wotsit at 7 weeks Dolly and it's to make sure there is a heartbeat i think.  although the heart can start beating from 6 weeks or so, there is always that small chance that it's too early if you have an early scan any earlier.

La1510, at my 7 week scan, they dated me at 6+4 when, by my dates i was 7 weeks exactly.  Had my 12 week scan last week at exactly 12 weeks by my dates and i was moved forward 5 days, so somewhere in the last few weeks, my little wotsit great 8 days bigger from my first scan!

• La - Some intros might be a good idea! I'm Dolly 33 from Cambridgeshire and this is my first ever pregnancy! I work as a Software Consultant and it's very dull!!

Thanks for the advice about scans, H and I have decided to have one at 8 weeks.... I hope we get there I get waves of nervousness just thinking of it! We aren't going to book it yet we don't want to tempt fate.

• Thanks RKB :)

Dolly - Eek! Hello! If you're 5 weeks you're only a few days behind me, how exciting. I'll be having an early scan as a matter of course from my IVF clinic, but I was told by the consultant at my local hospital after having all the tests that if we fell between then and the referral for treatment we could just give them a call and they'd arrange one for us.

La - Excellent news about your bean! Great idea about the intros. I'm 31, this is my first pregnancy and it has taken us ever such a long time to get here. I work on the railway, planning maintenance work in the North East.

• ST - Yes we're so close together! and Claire is just two and a half weeks ahead of us! I've found out that there's a private scanning clinic within Addenbrookes in Cambridge which is the closest to us so we'll go there when we're ready. I can't wait until twelve weeks to see if there is anyone in there!

• Ahhh nice to 'meet' you :)

ST- do you know when your scan will be yet?

DP- our original plan was to wait until 8 weeks as you can apparently see a proper little baby shape :) H couldn't put up with me moaning though ha ha

Has anyone told anyone else yet? We've let a few really close friend and PIL/SIL (who's also pregnant and about a week ahead of me), for some reason I'm really nervous about telling my parents

• La - Yes, it's 10th Nov. As soon as they got my positive bloods back it was arranged, all part of the treatment :) Unfortunately it is turning into the longest 3 weeks in the history of the universe!

Other than a select group of ladies I know from here, and my boss, I've told nobody. H has told a couple of people in his office as well, just the ones that knew what we were going through and knew we were coming to the end of our cycle. We're not telling anyone else until after the scan, so we know what we're telling them i.e. whether there's one or two!

• Hi all. Nice to see it a bit busier in here!

I'm MS, 26. This is my second pregnancy. I have D who is 1 next week. I'm from Derby. I work as an administrator at home for mine and my husbands business.

• We only found out this morning, so me and H, but also my best friend. She knew I was late and was testing this morning and has been a huge support throughout the past 20 months. She has an IVF baby herself so knows how it feels to struggle with TTC. She cried lots, I sent her a message to ask if she was up, then sent her a pic of my three positive tests then rang her when she'd seen the picture.

My Mum and Dad know we are struggling so I don't want to leave it to long before telling them because they do worry about me, but I really want to tell them face to face and they live 3 hours away. I can't go this weekend or next, and then I think well should I just leave it to the weekend after when we will have had the scan so that's 3 weeks away. I feel bad about keeping it from them for all that time though. I would like to leave it at least another week though as it is such early days.