Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

***ducky's birth announcement***

Replies

• Options

Congrats ducky, love the names! Hope your all doing well xxx

• Options

Congratulations!! So, so pleased and excited for you both. Your little miracles are finally here! :-)

Wishing you a speedy recovery so you can be at home with your new little family. Lots of love K xxxxx

• Options

Big congratulations, love the name choices. Sending all the vibes in the world x

• Options

So happy to read all is well! Absolutely beautiful names and many congratulations. Hope you're recovering well x

• Options

Many congratulations!

• Options

Congratulations Ducky!!! Loads of vibes you and the little uns get home as soon as possible xxx

• Options

Congratulations! Hope you have your little family home soon.

• Options

Huge congratulations Ducky! Hope you are all well and get to go home soon x

• Options

Massive congratulations ducky and well done on a vaginal birth. Keeping everything crossed all is going well for you xx

• Options

Congratulations! And sending lots of vibes >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

• Options

Congratulations Ducky, so pleased the twins are here safely. I hope their stay in hospital is a short one and you get to be a family at home soon. Xx

• Options

Congratulations Ducky! Just popped on here after not being around for a whole and saw this amazing news. Hope you and the twins are doing ok and that you're all out of hospital and at home very soon. This day has been a long while coming-enjoy every previous moment xx

• Options

Thank you everyone! We had our first cuddles last night which was absolutely amazing. 

I've been I hospital since Sunday following a gushing bleed. The bleed stopped as soon as it started but they kept me in to monitor the bleeding and the twins for two days. I had steroids for their lungs just in case. I was planning to go home on Wednesday morning but my waters went in bed on Tuesday night. Rather their bed than ours!

I started antibiotics with the view to keeping the twins inside as long as labour didn't start. However, labour did start late morning, although I thought it was just niggly period pain and my womb being 'irritated' due to the fluid loss -yes they were the midwives exact words! No one believed I was in labour, or even thought to check. Fast forward 3 hours and I'm fully dilated (with just two paracetamol) and I'm pushing out two babies in a room that is suddenly very busy! 

The birth ended up being a bit of an emergency in theatre with two lots of forceps deliveries, two retained placentas requiring manual removal and a post partum haemorrhage as the icing on the cake. But I'm doing ok and should be discharged today. 

Twins are in low dependency care, taking my milk every hour. It was every two hours but the larger volumes made them a bit sick so we are sticking to little and often. I'm pumping like the clappers, including during the night, trying to rest and make sure my milk comes in soon despite their traumatic birth. 

Pics coming...

• Options

This is Elsa who weighed 3lb 7oz. She was second to come out and utterly chilled throughout all of labour and pushing. She was delivered onto my tummy and squeaked like a little kitten.

• Options

This is our handsome George who weighed 3lb 3oz. He looks so much like his Dad and has so much hair! 

George bagsied the the spot nearest the exit long ago but quickly became distressed when I started pushing which is why they used (thankfully a mini version) of forceps to get him out quickly. he was a little bruised and dazed when born but has picked up really quickly.  

• Options

Love them!

• Options

Well done Ducky they are absolutely gorgeous!

• Options
    Huge congratulations, what beautiful named! Well done ducky for doing that twice!! Lots of grow big quick vibes!!xxxx
  • Options

They're both gorgeous Ducky, sounds like they're doing really well. And you look great considering everything you'd been through! You and your H look so so happy, lovely pictures. Hope you get lots more cuddles with them over the next few days and you're all home together soon. x

• Options

They are absolutely gorgeous Ducky, I'm welling up just looking at them! Sounds like it was all a bit crazy but you look fab and I love the smiles on yours and your H's faces. Hope you are all home together soon xxx