Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

***friday 1st tri***

13»

Replies

• *crash* thinking of you Browny and hoping for good news x

• That was quick Counter. I had mine last Thursday and haven't heard anything...although I'm hoping no news is good news.

Browny, if you're lurking, I've been thinking of you lots today. X

• Browny I'm so sorry to read this after everything you have been through. I'll be thinking wait you xxx

• Another just crashing in, massive hugs browny, take care and thinking of you xxx

• Flossy

That was quick Counter. I had mine last Thursday and haven't heard anything...although I'm hoping no news is good news.

Flossy, I couldn't face waiting all weekend so I rang Midwife HQ and the on call midwife kindly checked for me and they had landed sometime during today, so I was just lucky. I think my midwife said I would only hear from her if there was a problem, but that really wasn't something I was comfortable with :)

• Sorry I'm a bit late for personals, but wanted to say how very very sorry I am Browny, huge Internet weirdy hugs coming your way. X

• They must have known I was talking about them, got in from work to find a letter from the hospital. All seems ok.

• Hi all, too late for all the personals, but just in from work. Last night we went over and told my parents. As I said before, although I don't want it to be common knowledge, we have decided to tall those who we would tell anyway should I miscarry. So, our parents and my best friend. My parents were surprisingly positive, despite me having sweaty palms on the drive over. Mum reassured me that her friend's daughter had a child at 46, she wants to buy it a cot mobile, and is already talking about pretty clothes. Hmm. On the very very plus side, they said they have my old crib still in the loft, and will get it down, resand and paint it for me. I think that will be nice. And just got off the phone to my best friend. She's over the moon, and is going to sort out loads of kit and clothing from her twins, and keep it aside for me until I'm past the danger zone, then let me have it all. We're going to see them in 2 weeks time, and it will be SO lovely to have someone to chat to about it all. Mum was just full of such helpful tips as "well in my day we drank half a point of stout a day, it's good for anaemia" "I didn't show until 16 weeks so nor will you" and "well I'm sure you won't be sick, I wasn't". Bless her!!

• PS Browny, sorry, missed your news. So so sorry xx