Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

***friday 3rd tri***

2»

Replies

• Options

Hi all,

I thought as I'm 28 weeks today I'd come and say a quick hello. I'm sure it'll be manic over Christmas so it might be a while before I get to be involved properley i this forum.

I'll see you all soon though  have a lovely Christmas xx

• Options
    HF- sorry ur hips are still aching but good news about the back!

NLH- 14 days is nothing, hope it flies by!

Mrs v- hope u can get ur h started on the nursery!

sweetpea- it was a bowl of popcorn :0) hope u can catch up on sleep while ur off

BBLL- welcome to third tri!

well that was worse than the first, she really went for it, felt like she had half her arm up there. Said she could feel a little change. Discussed another Mon or Tues but decided to let nature take its course and wait for baby or induction!
  • Options

Another nosey one popping in :-)

Really hope its the start custard. I started with mild period type pains at 6.30am on the Saturday and was having baby cuddles at 5 54am Sunday

• Options

Samjh87 - I hope you're right!

• Options
    Just had a walk to the shops with H as he needed to go to Tesco to finish his Xmas shopping (the mind boggles!!) and im aching now. Struggled to walk up the stairs!! Afternoon on the sofa with DVDs for me!
  • Options

Mrs V- thankyou! Wont be long for you either now! It'll fly by!

NLH- thank you! Not long until your ML starts!

Sweetpea- Thank you! Enjoy your christmas!

Babylonglegs- hello! :-)

Mrs Bass- ouchies to the sweep! Im not looking forward to my internals tomorrow!

Samjh- hi!

It's silly how excited I am about tomorrow. I know im going to be in so much pain and im sure Ill regret being so excited..obviously until i meet our baby! Eeks.

Hoping on a speedy induction process but who knows. I shall keep Custard updated, so se will be able to let you know what's going on. Going to miss my tri buddies, cant wait to see all your BAs!

Ill try to get on early tomorrow as i need to ring the hosp at 7.30, no doubt theyll not want me in until something ridiculous like 5pm! Ill be on tenderhooks all day! :-)

• Options
    Gemini you should be excited, you are so close to meeting your baby!! The pain will only be for a couple of days, max, which is nothing when you look at the big picture!
  • Options

Mrs V - can i please bend your ear regarding a HR question?

• Options

i'm sure its Mrs V that works in HR?

• Options

Yes its me! No problem, fire away!

• Options

Oooh thank you!

mrs V i just dont know what to do about my job! i am thinking of making a complaint but not sure how to go about it!

Here goes!

i have been at my company for almost a year and a half, i started the customercare department from scratch on my own, i worked along for almost ten months as my department did not have the funding for another person, i was given a £500 payrise around a year ago and told that was all that was in their budget! a few weeks later outof the blue the customer care department (me) got transfered to a different department due to changes higher up the in the company

when i started in this department i was sat down with my new boss and was basically told that they were super impressed with how i had built the department from scratch on my own - for example the running of it, I designed and co built a brand new IT system to run the procedures, i had lowered company complaints (not blowing my own trumpet)

the director my new boss said he was going to get me more staff etc, when the new girl started i was sat down and told verbally that either I or the new lady would be made to head of department and that i would need to prove myself to him who was more sutible for the role, however as i had been there the longest and new how it was run he hinted it would be me! anyway the woman who i co worked with quit around 6 weeks later! i then sourced two new people and have trained them and managed them ever since!

when i started in this new department i made it no secret that myself and hubby weer going to start trying! and the director was really pleased for me! as soon as i got pregnant all talk of someone heading up the department dissapeared

so i then asked for this to be reviewed with my manager! this has gone on for months and i kept getting told it would be looked into, i provided a full list of all my tasks to prove thati was basically doing a managerial role and only on £500 more then my two colleauges, i then went to HR and asked for their advise, i told them how unhappy i was in my position and after quite a few emails they ended up forwarding all of my private correspondence that i had dicussed with them to my management and director!

i was so upset, and they sad "oh we didnt think it was confidential"

anyway i had to sit with my manager and have a formal discussion regarding me not being happy that i had run the department for over a year and had no recognition and that all talk of someone being promoted had dissapeard since me announcing my pregnancy!

this again went nowhere, i then got informed that two of the people in my department who have been here less time than me had been promoted (kick in teeth)

i raised this with my manager and said i would like it to be put in writing as to why i had not been offered some kind of promotion or title change seeing my positon, around three weeks ago i was told that i was being promoted to a senior with a pay increase and this was waiting to be signed off!

yet again this has not been done yet and i leave in two weeks time, the payrise is going to make no difference to me as i am going to be on SMP and not company pay, as my company policy states that you have to be stay withthe company for one year when returning from maternity leave otherwise you have to pay back all the company maternity pay!

i have already stated that i would only be able to return on a part time basis so this payrise is going to go no where!

i really do not know what to do!

sorry this is so long! :(