Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

***Happy new year 2nd tri!***

2»

Replies

• I've been looking into the whole first babies come late thing but apparently there's not much evidence.  They're slightly more likely to be late than later babies, but not hugely, and still far far more likely to come in the 40th week like the majority of babies.  First babies are also more likely to come earlier than subsequent babies, though, which could be because with first babies there's a higher percentage of women who aren't exactly sure of the date of conception.  I think what's more likely is that you mig have a genetic predisposition to early or late labour... But there's not very good evidence for that, either.  Mostly because ultrasound scans are so much better now for dating.

I was looking into it because my mom is trying to figure out when to fly over in June.  We decided 2 days after the due date should be fine, but I don't want to be sitting around for over a week with her around, since she can only stay for 2 weeks and I'm sure she would like her newest grandchild to be there for most if not all of that time.

• That's interesting Wispa. My due date is based entirely on my scan as I had no idea about when I conceived so it was down to my 12 week scan to date me. I had to go for about 7/8 weeks without a clue about how pregnant I was. We're also trying to work out dates for the inlaws to visit (although they only live a couple of hours away)...that's a long story for another day though!

AR, I love little boys in bright colours! I have to say I've been saying lots that I don't want to dress our little one in pink all the time but the few bits I've bought aren't helping to support that! I need to branch out to make sure she has some variety!

• Happy new year everyone! Just a quick one from me as the thread is too long for personals, sorry for the lame. I hope everyone's had a nice break, and is excited about the new year and what it will bring. I've nothing hugely exciting to report, I'm back at work tomorrow, but only for a day then off again till Monday. I'm getting a few more nice wriggles and movements, which is nice. Early night for me tonight after a late one last night, post midnight is way too late for a pregnant lady with a an early rising toddler!

• Haven't been on today. Tried this morning but as AR said I think MD had a hangover!

AR- my birthday is 2nd April so I am bias that that is a good day!

This one is due 3rd April. However my consultant has said she will do my section around 38 weeks....if I get that far!