Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

***Monday 1st Tri***

Good morning ladies

Another early morning for me! I would love to be able to get back to sleep after getting up in the night!  Had a bit of a nightmare last night can't remember too much really but it woke me hence having to get up! 

Going to be running in empty today, off to do food shopping today in our local shopping centre so going too look at some clothes too!  I think I will have enough energy to do that today haha! 

Hope eceryone else slept better than me :) 

Hello to all that follow

Replies

• Options

Morning all

Cc I'm sorry you had a pants nights sleep. Hope you find some nice clothes later on.

I've developed a nasty cold which is lovely. Spent yesterday evening shivering under a blanket on the sofa. Woken up with a sore throat, pounding head and all the rest. Paracetamol and honey and lemon it is then! No rest for the wicked though. Got my full booking in at the hospital thus morning then have to speed across town for p's swimming. Really hope the hospital isn't running late or we'll risk missing swimming. Thus afternoon a friend and her 2 little boys are coming over.

2 sleeps until my scan. Beginning to get very very nervous now!!!

• Options

Morning! I'm also in bed with a cold. Luckily it's a day off. I can't take any more sick days until next August or I'll get disciplinary at work (good old NHS, work with sick people, but not allowed to catch anything!!)

I intend to vegetate in bed this morning, and pop into GP this afternoon to see what they want me to do.

• Options

Hello ladies, and thanks for the support on weekend thread. I feel just as bad physically today (and lost 3 hours sleep overnight) but emotionally not as rough, funny how it goes.

CC - hope the nightmare doesn't stay with you. Sometimes they can unsettle you through the day even if you can't really remember them?

AR - not the dreaded cold. Gah! Poor you. I hope you feel better soon. One of the things running through my head during my 3 hour sleep break was that your scan was either Weds or Thurs this week but I couldn't remember which!

My sister had a good scan yesterday of her twins, it's been very worrying after so many problems for years and she finally let her husband put something on FB. I think they are 22 weeks, 1 boy 1 girl. Very exciting! I am meeting with the Chairman today, plan to tell him. I can then also start to find out mat rights as at the mo there's nothing in my contract (all the rest of management are men!). After he knows I can tell my team. Very pleased to finally do that.

Feel awful with the cold but if I can make it through the day I have cancelled seeing my friend and will be going straight to bed when I get home, done something those with little ones are able to do!

Hello to followers, and hugs to Browny.

• Options

Not you too Barefoot? Oh gawd! Feel better soon x

Has everyone got their flu jab booked?

• Options

Morning,

Sorry i didnt get chance to pop on over the weekend.

CC- Hope the sleeping gets better. I had lots of funny/bad dreams the first few weeks. Enjoy some retail therapy :)

AR- Hope the rest of your booking in goes well and you get to swimming on time. Ah a cold, hope you manage to get some rest soon and you feel better. 2 sleeps for you until scan, 3 for me :) cant wait!

Barefoot- Sorry your feeling unwell too! Hope your feeling better soon.

Counter- You have a cold too! have some rest tonight, dont blame you for wanting to go straight to bed. I havent booked my flu jab yet as got told to wait until October so will end of this week.

AFM- 12 weeks yesterday, wooo! Had a busy weekend with my sister down, meeting about mortgage and a bit of shopping. 3 more sleeps until scan, excited and a little nervous. have the whole day off for the scan so we are going into Cambridge after. Will be glad to be able to tell everyone as I am struggling to hide my tummy at times. Called up for my blood rssults but they dont give them to me until my 16 week appointment. Is that the same for everyone else?

• Options

Bertie, excited about scan!! I had my 12wk bloods taken when I had my scan on Monday 23rd. Friday afternoon they were back. I rang and got the on-call midwife who read it out to me, but my own midwife (in response to a text from me Fri morning) texted me Sunday to say 'low risks, bloods all clear'.

• Options

Ooh just had an email from hubby... my early scan is booked for 22nd October, so 3 weeks tomorrow, when I'll be 8+3. I did want an earlier viability scan, but I also wanted a good chance of decent images from an external scan without having to go vaginally, so I thought 8 weeks was probably better than risking it at 7. I am annoyed the confirmation letter is addressed to me as "Ms" though. I wouldn't be having a child if I weren't a Mrs!!!! Grrrrrr. (sorry sorry, old fashioned geriatric here.....)

• Options

Controversial, Barefoot!!!!! ;)

• Options

Yes yes I know, and each to their own blah blah blah... Just my own opinion, that's all. It's only really the same annoyance I felt when, after telling work I had changed my name after marriage, they changed me on payroll from Miss to Ms!

• Options

It confused people at my work when I didn't change my name, although I have, actually, changed my name. Just not at work. I'm dual identity ha ha.

• Options

I'm under the hospital as my maiden name as I didn't have a chance to change it between the wedding and getting pregnant. H isn't impressed! I need to change it at my 16 week midwife appointment.

• Options

Counter- I was told by the hospital to call the midwife for results but then she said they dont get them until my next appointment. Weird, beacsue if something needs addressing they wont know for another month.

On another note, I want to book a really nice hotel for a night away with H, does anyone have any recs of ones you have stayed in? I am near Cambridge but dont mind travelling somehere and making a weekend of it.

• Options

I'm sorry to hear others are suffering with this cold too. Not fun!!

Baack from booking in which luckily didn't take te whole hour. Because I had p there they had lots of my info already. So we made it to swimming in plenty f time. Two things came up at the appointment.  Firstly my urine sample showed I'm pretty dehydrated. I really must drink more as she pointed out it'll be that making my nausea and headaches and dizziness worse!! Secondly I have to be consultant led initially because of te convene over p's  growth between twenty and thirty four weeks last time (she measured very small at this point). Which means extra appointments with the doctor until they are sure this baby I growing as it should be. Annoying but better be on the safe side, I'd just rather see much less of the hospital this time!!

• Options

Told the Chairman about me needing to be off next year. He seemed fine, as long as I have audit done, new team in place, and get my own mat cover in. I am SO desperate to know what benefits I get, if any, as I'd be upset to go back after 6-8 weeks but have no savings. I guess time will tell. Told my team, they were excited and sweet and it meant a lot sunk in with regards to my being ill, sinus stuff, eating like a monster etc etc.  :)

• Options

Afternoon all.

CC -sorry you slept badly. Hope you manage to find lots of exciting clothes today though.

AR - boo to the cold. I'm glad the booking in went quickly - it's a bit annoying to be consultant led initally, but hopefully it'll switch to midwife led soon, and in the meantime getting to hear the hb more often etc should be nice.

BF - sorry you're coldy too, but yay to having your scan booked. I'm having one on the 19th Oct. I had one at 7+3(ish) last pregnancy and they got perfectly good pics via external ultrasound, so I'm hoping that'll be the same this time.

Counter, glad you're feeling emotionally a bit better. Yay for telling work, and glad it all went well. I hope you do get a decent mat package.

Bertie, not long till scan now! I think my 12 week bloods are taken at the same time as the scan, and then you get a risk factor based on both together. We get bloods taken at the booking in too (for diseases, blood type that can be an issue etc) and the results for those are given at the 16 week appt.

AFM, not much to report. I keep waking in the night for a wee, and also for a toddler with a fever, so not getting the most rest, but at least it's nothing compared to having a newborn! Had a nice weekend overall, apart from J being poorly. I feel like I'm counting down time until I get to my scan and can start to relax a little bit more - I'm always so nervous this early on.

• Options

Well, what a useless GP receptionist....

Me: I'm pregnant, can you let me know how to register with a midwife? Her: Errm, is the pregnancy confirmed by a doctor? Me: No, but all tests are positive. Her: well I don't really know how it's done. I'll give you the midwife's number and you can ask her what to do........

She gave me a number, I got home and called it, and it was a midwife for a different area. She was extremely nice and gave me the right number. My midwife (that sounds SO strange!!) also seems totally lovely and wants to come to our house on Monday to do all my booking in. They are used to rural patients and don't need me to drive to the village, which is great!

It's sort of vaguely starting to feel real!!

• Options

Rubbish, barefoot, totally useless!

CC, I didn't sleep well either, but not pregnancy related...

AR, BF, and Counter, there must be something going around MD, because I'm miserable with cold as well.  Sorry to hear you've both been struck down as well.

Bertie, how was the scan??

AFM, I already mentioned, but I'm completely dead on my feet.  I shouldn't have come to work after my doc's appt this morning.  I'm not coming in tomorrow.  The doc's appt was pretty useless, but he said he would make sure the midwives get in touch asap, as the whole Paris situation is throwing things a bit.