Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

***Monday 2nd Tri***

Morning all,

Thought i would get on early otherwise I never seem to get a chance! Can't believe its Monday again :( I'm so tired. I'm really struggling with sleeping these past couple of weeks, I've got a pregnancy pillow but if anyone has any advice it would be massively appreciated. Im back to waking twice in the night to pee, which is fine I can cope with that, only I can't get comfortable or back to sleep when I go back to bed. I lie on my side and the side I'm lying on gets quite sore and I roll over to the other side and my back starts to hurt. It seems like a no win! 

I've had back pain for about 10 weeks though which the midwife thought was sciatica but I might call and make another appointment to see her as I'm getting a lot of pain across the front right down below my bump and over towards my hips so really starting to think its possibly spd, although praying it's not!

Sorry, what a miserable post! I hope everyone had a great weekend. Mrs P sounds like you had a goodtime at the baby show. Which monitor are you after?

Away to get ready for work, it's going to be a long day!!x

Replies

• MDD - that sounds painful, I've been lucky enough to never have any problems like that apart from once with Phoebe when i must of done something when i tried to lift someting eavy and then i fell so was sore for a few days. Nothing in this preg. Id call the mw again and get checked out x no sleep isnt fun.

not much going on here - have mw at the end of the week. Had a fab family weekend and Aaron learned to go his bike with no stabilisers. He has done fab at swimming lessons too and can swim unaided on front for a while and is getting there on his back. He's only 4 so am quite proud! No nursery today but H is working so not sure what we will get up too. Got the big bag of 0-3 baby stuff down from my parents loft so I might sort that out.

hope everyone else is well.

Ck 23+3 x

• Morning ladies

MDD I saw a physio last week as I was having problems with my pelvis and hips, she manipulated it a bit then gave me exercises to do and it really helped. Might be worth a try?

CK, no wonder you are proud of A, that's impressive with swimming and cycling. Enjoy sorting the baby clothes x

I'm tired this morning, looks like there might be some issues at his mums home that stepson has been keeping from us, so H and I were discussing what to do next till late. Suffering for it today, yawn. M and I have a full morning, got some housework needing done, trip to supermarket and post office, then after lunch we are meeting some friends before Ms ballet lesson. I'll be ready for my bed before her tonight I think!

Hope everyone else is well and have had good weekends xx

• Morning,

MissDeeDee, get yourself to the midwife, no point in suffering if you don't need to. In the meantime could you put a duvet under your bed sheet to help alleviate the pressure on your joints? As for monitors, no idea really, I hoped the show would have loads so I could start research. We live in a house with very thick walls so wifi can be dodgy. Think I would like video but that's all I know.

CK, well done A on the bike riding, that's.brilliant !

Weekender, hope everything is ok with stepson x

Afm, on way to work, 49 days to go after today! X

Apologies if I've missed anyone whilst typing!

• Morning ladies,

Not sure if I am 3rd tri now? (27+5) but thought i'd just check in to say had a lovely holiday last week, very relaxing, got home to discover roof that extends from garage to our house 'over' garden gate had dropped by approx 5inches. Eeeek panic phonecall to friend with builder husband who very kindly came straight out to put supports under it. Closer inspection reveals its has been built poorly and the joist had snapped! Proper fix next saturday!

H blew up my birth ball - although havent had chance to sit on it as toddler is excitedly pushing it up & down our hallway yelling "beep beep". I'm hoping the novelty will wear off!

MDD - Put a pillow inbetween your knees at night (when lying on your side) this prevents the 'top' leg rolling over and leaving your pelvis at odd angel. Other than that - try swimming. My back is feeling a lot better after swimming everyday last week (it wasnt hurting but it was very stiff every evening). Also call your midwife - thats why they exist :-)

CK - we got the baby clothes out of loft a few weeks ago. The stuff is scarily small :-)

W - Hop eyour stepson is okay

• Morning,

MDD - defo go and see the midwife. It sounds miserable, I'd hate not be to able to sleep comfortably.

CK - congrats on your son's cycling and swimming. Sounds like he is doing really well.

Weekender - hope everything is ok with your stepson. Try and get some rest today.

Mrs P - 49 days left of work is nothing! It looks like you'll be moving to 3rd Tri soon too!

Afm - feeling a lot better today with my cold, think its nearly gone. Had a lovely weekend in Bristol with my friend and a nice evening with H last night although I randomly burst into tears. Very unlike me. Off to work soon and hope its a quick day as still feel a bit knackered.

• MrsP - if it helps we live in an old house with thick walls and have a Tommee Tippee monitor that copes very well - even works outside (well not all the way down the garden but to the bins & back ;-)

• HF - missed you. Glad you had a good holiday and got the building works sorted quickly. That's exciting to be moving to third Tri!

• Morning ladies

MDD - Definitely get it checked out, hopefully you can get it sorted and get some more sleep.

CK - Must be exciting getting the baby clothes sorted out.

WE - Sounds like a busy day!

Mrs P - 49 days, how exciting. I think I've got too many to start counting just yet :(

HF - Yes I think you are 3rd tri now!! Glad the holiday was good but not so good about the roof.

LD - Glad you are feeling better, its miserable when you can't take anything.

AFM - Tired his morning as between the baby kicking and H snoring I had a restless night. Typical because I have to drive to Oxford later for work. Hopefully I'll sleep better in my quiet hotel room!

• Thanks horsefan that does help, that one has also been recommended by a friend, thank you x

• Hey All

sorry not got time to do personals today as i am on my own at work! hope you are all ok

AFM - weekend was a bit poo as i felt really unwell, was very sick saturday and terrible headaches! got hospital on friday really cant wait to see the neuro and consultant x

• Hey everyone. Sorry I'm not around here much but as I'm still not well I never have anything nice to say :( Got my 20 week scan on Friday and I keep on hoping that one day I'll wake up and feel great. Bah, see I'm a miserable cow, I'll bugger off again now!

Hope you are all well. Xx