Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

***monday 3rd tri***

2»

Replies

• Options

O.M.G. We rang H's Mum yesterday to invite her for lunch or dinner yesterday/today. No answer on either home phone nor mobile.

Noticed after swimming this morning we'd both had missed calls on our mobiles. So H called her back. No response still. Giggling we said she probably thinks baby has arrived (bearing in mind she is convinced babies arrive early and if not early, definitely on due dates - she drove me nuts last time, asking if 'any twinges' etc!! and once Lucy had arrived she came to visit 2days after the birth and stayed all flaming day, i was exhausted and just wanted to sleep).

Well just gone 4pm, knock the door - H is expecting a parcel, so rushed out to answer door thinking it was that ........ no his Mum ....... she seemed in a right fluster wanting to know if everything was okay etc. Umm yes, then i appeared sporting giant bump and she calmed right down. Did she want to stay for dinner? No, she was just on way to Reading for a Carol concert with her friend but had to call in as she 'was worried' .... although she did then stay for a cup of tea ......

...... she ask for 'twinge' update twice. Told her nothing was happening! (Totally true - but she is convinced babies arrive early, or if not, on their due dates!)

Right, so now i'm worried that if she does hear i'm in labour she might a) turn up to visit baby the moment s/he arrives ... or worse .... BEFORE .... all of a sudden homebirth seems like a terrible plan!!??

• Options

Oh just read post back - sorry for repeating myself!

She rang last week when i was 37+6 to ask if "any twinges". Arrghh!

• Options

Gemini - i know you said you were fed up etc but if you don't want to be induced right before christmas, cant you ask for it be delayed until say boxing day? In my book babies are only 'late' once the pregnancy is 42weeks.......

• Options

Oh Horse Fan, can u just keep texting her to say things are ok, even when u are in labour to avoid her dropping by!

When u are in labour, will u be answering the front door?!

Gemini- im sure they will bring a pot of some sort with them!

• Options

HF- think id prefer to be induced on the sunday before christmas than boxing day :-) ill be 42 weeks on Christmas eve.