Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

***monday second tri***

Good morning all, hope all is ok?!

insomnia again here arrgh! Last day at work today then not back till saturday Woohoo. So needing my days off, I'm knackered! A day of cleaning tomorrow and getting the house in some sort of order as it all goes to pot when h is in sole charge. But light at the end of the tunnel as Iv took the bull by the horns and some cleaning company's are coming to quote this week, Iv made the executive decision that I'm just not doing it anymore Laugh, h was nor keen but when I explained a list of chores he'd be doing weekly he's agreed, so that's a result Laugh

Sinus pain not to bad and I can breathe a bit better too.

babywise not a lot to report although giganta bump has had agrowth spurt because my bigger uniform too now skin tight Weep can't get anything in the pockets!

X

Replies

• Morning RF sounds like you have a productive week ahead of you, I hope work goes quickly today. I seriously need to pull my finger out and clear the spare room but never seem to have time when I'm at work all week and busy at weekends.its going to be my aim once we get back from our holiday.

AFM - 4 days at work then holiday Friday, I honestly can't wait only have 2 days annual leave so far this year is taking its toll. I can't wait to switch off and relax in the sun. Baby wise H feel boy kick again yesterday, he's been very active this weekend!

• Morning all!

RF - wishing you a nice easy day at work today. Are you looking at getting a cleaner then? I don't blame you, I struggle to get all ours done these days and I don't even work :-/

MrsL - a short week for you, sounds like you deserve some time off.

AFM no plans for today. Had a busy weekend so I had thought about recharging my batteries today. It's not even 8:30am yet and I can barely keep my eyes open! What are the chances of my non napping toddler having a nap today?

• Mrs L v jealous of u going away on hol! Enjoy

WG absolutely looking for a cleaner, I work full time have 2 boys no family help at all and my h is often away, I can't do everything. Hope u manage a rest. I'm so looking forward to getting an hour tomorrow to get rested (thank god Isaac still naps lol)

• Wow, early start for you RF! At least today is the last day then you can finally have some well earned days off!

MrsL - I am so insanely jealous, I hope you have a fabulous time, it will be here before you know it!

WG - hope you get a chance for a nap later.

AFM - was working all day yesterday so think I will chill for today and read my book. Should probably potter about the house getting stuff done, and may pop to the shops for food also. We have found a pram we like so I think we are going to bite the bullet and buy it, I'm also keeping an eye out for a good deal on a pink lining changing bag, and I'm currently debating between buying the Chicco Next to Me crib or hiring the NCT Bednest. Will save that purchase until about 30 weeks unless a great deal appears though.

Hi to all who follow Wave

• saffron i think bunny wants that crib too and was saying theres a 20%off event coming up in mothercare (or maybe its just been) we dont tend to buy till late third tri but we are having house rennovated come august so im just buying bits at the moment, got the monitor at the weekend, i want the troll crib from JL and just another breast pump, and also got the maclaren techno and i think tbf thats us Laugh apart from the fact i NEED a tonne of girly clothes lol

• WG - hoep you manage to re-charge today! yes cant wait for a break just need to swtich off from everyhting for a while and have H and I time :)

Saff - good news on the pram, we ordered our moses basket today. Once Im back from holiday going to paint the room and order the cot etc.

Is t

here a list of baby things to buy? So far we have clothes our famlies have brougth us, the moses basket and  a 2nd hand buggy oh and a changing mat, is there a checklist I can use as reference?

• RF - make the most of I napping, I wish F still did <sob>

Saffron - what book are you reading? I've been so tired lately I've not read mine for ages. What pram are you going for?

MrsL - I always thought there was a list of things to buy on MD somewhere but I've just had a look and can't find one (there's one for the hospital bag though). Try:

www.babycentre.co.uk/.../buying-for-baby-what-you-really-need

www.emmasdiary.co.uk/.../shopping-for-a-newborn.aspx

• Afternoon!

RF - I hope today has flown by for you.

MrsL - your holiday will soon be here! Here's my list of baby stuff - docs.google.com/.../ccc

WG - I hope you've had a restful day.

Saffron -  some of the website that sell cloth nappies have the pink lining bags on offer - some have good discount codes too.

AFM - nothing much to report. I'm knackered after going into town and getting O to choose a Build-a-Bear to help him with giving up his dummies - I got him to choose his favourite dummy and he put it inside the bear when it was getting stuffed. Hopefully, it should help with the banning of the dummies. I have no H this week as he's away on a school trip so the kids will end up in my bed - anything for an easy life!

I hope everyone else is ok.

DS x

16+6

• Thanks WG and DS very helpful x

• Thanks for the head up TRF Yes You too DS, will keep an eye out. Love the dummy idea!

• WG - I'm re-reading my Harry Potter box set Laugh I always said it was the first thing I was going to do when I finished uni.