Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

***NYE 2nd tri ***

Good morning. Anyone got exciting plans for tonight? We are staying in and got folk coming so need to tidy up properly lol:( which might be hard with an ill dog whol seems to have a dodgy tummy....hoping it stays dry today. Baby wise im ok decided baby is def back to back so goi g to have to start working on that however got midwife on friday for 28 week check and bloods x

Replies

• I've already started on abc I'll oh and see if I can delete it hang on....
  • Morning!! Do you all have exiting plans for tonight? We generally don't douch nye, I'm not a fan of it! Will just be watching the fireworks on tv if I can keep my eyes open! Today we are going to organise p's new furniture etc but that's about it, quiet day. Baby is wriggly, I'm mildly concerned I can feel kicks very low down and in my ribs at the same time. My giant baby worries are getting more real daily!!!! Happy New Year's Eve everyone!!!
  • Right now I can reply! Abc I really wouldn't worry about position yet, baby has ages to move and won't stay on one place until much much later anyway. P was back to back which meant I had 3 days of contractions which did nothing. Mw this time recommended me a website with tips to help with baby positioning later on. I'll see if I can find it for you....
  • http://optimal-foetal-positioning.co.nz

I think that's the one but there is loads about the theory online. I'll be spending plenty of time on hands and knees from 37 weeks. Back to back babies can turn in an instant though so try not to worry. P did and then I went from 0cm to birth in 4 hours!!
  • Lol L was back to back too....so know the pain lol....he was born like that and never turned... to be fair labour was not long 5 cm at 9 am to L born at 3 pm but was pushing just short of 2 of those hours.... gas and air only which i gave up on as I was too too tired to hold it. However I never knew he was in this position until i was in labour...when midwife said he was in a better position so goodessknows what position he was in before lol...anyway I know its early days yet but like you I will be doing th
  • Same from 37 weeks lol.. Am i right in saying P was early Autumnrose? X Im not big into new year either as i dont really drink normally it always seems a big hype too....anyway have a lovely new year girls x x
  • She was yes, born at 38+3, I'm hoping for the same. Scares me to think I could possibly be pregnant for a nearly a month longer than I was!!
  • Morning

ABC - I am sure baby has plenty of time to move. Enjoy having people over.

AR -  hope you get P's furniture sorted. You're probably getting arms and legs moving at the same time.

AFM - well planning a lazy day today. Yesterday we visited the optician at the hospital first thing, took kids to soft play where we met some friends and then I took the kds to Frankie and Bennys for lunch. All done on my own whilst my H slept off a hangover! We don't really do anything for NYE anymore. I was talking to my friends whilst out yesterday about the ad scramble there used to be for tickets that night.........and usually the night was such a let down! I haven't been out this night since A was born. Am quite happy to be in.

• Morning ladies. Can I join you??  I'm 13+4 today.

ABC - booooo to tidying up but hope you enjoy your evening. Hope baby gets itself turning in plenty of time.

AR - hope you enjoy organising the furniture today.  also hope you enjoy the fireworks tonight and manage to stay awake for the bells!!!

S4- hope you enjoy you relaxing day and quiet evening.

AFM - I don't have any plans for tonight as yet. The thought of another night standing in a pub surrounded by drunk people does not fill me with joy so I'm quite happy to stay home and watch tv. Baby wise I seem to have hit this bit where I no longer feel like death but I don't have a bump so I'm questioning whether everything is ok or not. How did you get through this stage without worrying excessively??  

We had our 12 week scan last Monday. I wanted to wait until I got the NT screening results back before telling people but the hospital said if we were high risk we'd get a phonecall and if we hadn't heard anything by today then we could probably assume we weren't. So, if we don't hear anything today then I'm going to start telling people from tonight/tomorrow. It's strange, for so long I've been dying to tell people but now that it's come to the point that I can I almost don't want to.

Anyway apologies for the long ramble. Hope everyone is ok xx

• Hi All!

I've been absent for a few days but have still been lurking around.

Abc- how do you know baby is back to back? Mine was laying across at my last appointment but for the last few days I've had a really achy back and I feel like she might have moved but have no idea? Hopefully you can get yours to turn!

AR - I hate new year so our plans are similar to yours - tv, something nice to eat and trying to stay awake past 11pm!

S4 - sounds like a busy day yesterday!  Surely H is on children duty today to make up for yesterday!

Candy Apple - welcome to 2nd tri! I remember feeling exactly the same, and feeling like a bit of a fraud because I didn't really feel or look pregnant! I think you just need to make the most of feeling good while you do and not worry too much (easier said than done I know!). I was desperate to tell people but when it actually came to it I wanted to keep it a secret for longer - in the end at work I managed to wait another 2weeks before I told most of my team and they'd already guessed by then anyway!

As for me, had a lovely couple of days away, it was definitely what we needed. I was aching like mad yesterday so looking forward to getting home today and having a nice relaxed bath (everyone seemed to buy me bath stuff for Christmas this year and I only ever have showers, bit determined to try and get a bit more relaxation in while I can!). Baby has been quiet the last couple of days though and I'm not sure whether to worry or not...there's been a few wriggles/kicks (enough to stop me really panicking), and as I said earlier I'm not sure if it's because she's moved position a bit.

Hope everyone has a nice night tonight, even if it just involves the sofa and food!

• CA - I do understand what you mean about not telling people. I am sure as you haven't heard that you can make people's night by sharing your news.

Flossy - glad you had a nice few days away. A nice relaxing bath.....bliss! Iam still on the sofa this morning, not dressed with I pad in hand. H has even brought my breakfast to me (and sorted the kids) so am making the most of relaxing!

• Morning,

ABC, hope you have a nice evening.

AR, good luck with staying awake long enough for the fireworks! We're not fans of NYE either.

S4, enjoy your quiet night in, sounds perfect.

CA, yey, hello lovely! I know how you feel about telling people. I did an announcement on Christmas Eve but nearly bottled it. I was glad that I did tell people though, it's lovely news to share. Welcome to 2nd tri xx

Flossy, glad you had a nice time away.

AFM, no plans for tonight, other than to take down the Christmas decs. We started to look at nursery furniture yesterday, that was fun and scary all at the same time!

• Aargh! Long thread and I'm on phone. Here goes...

ABC - lovely having people over for NYE, best way I think. Sorry dog is poorly. Is it something medical or overindulging at Christmas?

AR - a quiet NYE is nice. I used to be manic about it all, wanted a great night out, would get all sentimental, usually be brooding about all the things I intended to do and didn't. None of that these days, I'm glad to report! A couple of years running Harry and I meal-planned 3 courses that we cooked together starting about 6pm and dessert would be a cake we baked. :)  I have had days of very low and then very wide movements, but I'm expecting a biggie so it's no comfort at all to you I'm afraid!

S4 - you're a very good girl!!! All that whilst he's sleeping off a hangover! Will you do anything different for this evening, althought you're staying in?

CA - I'm so HAPPY for you that you're at the telling stage. How exciting! And I'm so sorry that I can't help about the excessive worrying. I have never expected to make the end of each hurdle. And I've done it before! Silly really but I didn't know how hard it was, the emotional side. When I had Harry I was ill all the time and dealing with the physical stuff meant I didn't much focus on anything else. I've done well this time and it's a headwrecker! I rang up for my NT results. They said the same, they'd call me, but I'm impatient. I had the tests on the Monday and I rang the midwife centre on the Friday and she gave me all the stats. I sat shaking and crying in the car outside work. You're very patient, well done you :)

Flossy - pleased the break away was lovely. You definitely deserved it after being apart over Crimbo!

Figaro - enjoy the furniture browsing!

Hope you all have a lovely new year!!!

We're out for lunch, it's the restaurant in Canterbury we came to after our Predding (pre-wedding) in June so a lovely way to end the year. I've been and bought bras and tights and things at Mothercare, next we're off to Harry's hospital appointment for his skin. Then this evening we're going to a new little bar near us, we go there regularly so they have us tickets for tonight, Harry's coming and they're having a quiz which is almost my favourite way to spend an evening! We'll indulge in pork pie and other bar snacks and lose miserably against bigger, brighter teams, but we'll laugh the whole way through!! :)