Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

***Thursday 1st Tri***

Hi ladies! NEARLY the weekend! 

Things are getting quite pressured at work, sort of coming to a head. Right now not 100% the business will be around in a month, interesting. I'm okay and am used to it to a degree, just not when pregnant and need those maternity benefits!

Unrelated to that, I appear to have stopped sleeping. Third night running of 5 hours or less and I look like crap, lol!

Habe switched from crisps and snacks to bread and Morning Coffee biscuits and the nausea is definitely less of a problem. Then of course I worry that is lessening of symptoms means bad news. Silly woman!

Hope everyone is doing well and coping with the delights of first tri x

Replies

• Morning counter. That sounds stressful at work, when will you know more about what's happening? Bread is a lifesaver, a sure fire way to stop me feeling sick. Briefly!!! Remember symptoms do fluctuate so try not to worry, easier said than done as I'm exactly the same!!

I'm 8 weeks today so creeping along. Feeling pretty disgusting most of the time and I remember with p that weeks 8-11 were the worse so

I'm bracing myself for it to get worse. Nicely timed with going back to work on Monday!! P and I have nothing planned today so we might go to a farm which has loads of play areas and miniature  animals etc, especially if the sun comes out. Very grey at the moment.

Happy thursday everyone and hope no one is feeling too rough.

• Morning

Counter, hope work stresses pass quickly, do you think that's contributing to the lack of sleep?

AR, hope the next few.week's aren't worse! Enjoy the farm if you go.

I'm exhausted here, not sure if it's psychosomatic but last night I had lightheadedness to go with the tiredness. I hope the blood results come back quickly and I can get started on whatever medication they prescribe. And I'm getting a cold. Apart from that, I feel ok but have a constant need for junk food, part of me wonders if that's just me going, sod it I'm pregnant I can eat what I want....

Work today, boo. Then early night tonight once M is asleep. Yawn.

Have a good day all!

• Morning all, sorry for the quick post but we are just checking in for our flight to Sweden. We have a wedding on Saturday (H is best man) so I probably won't be about much until next week. Can't believe that's me just over 13 weeks now! Wish me luck for yet another sober wedding!! Hope those of you not feeling so great feel better and eat whatever makes you feel good!

• SP, enjoy the wedding!

Just heard from the midwife, my blood results have cone back as normal and haemoglobin has went up slightly so don't need to take anything. Which should be good news but I want to cry because I just feel crap and utterly exhausted.  it's so flipping relentless, I don't get a break at all. Even when I get a lie in M comes upstairs and physically opens my eyes shouting wake up mummy! At me. I want to run away from everything :(

• Morning ladies -

Counter - Hope the work stress passes for you quickly and sorry to hear about your lack of sleep like weekender said is it because of work your not sleeping?

AR - Hope you don't suffer as badly this time round :( Enjoy the farm! Sounds fun!

Weekender - Glad your test results have come back normal but sorry that doesn't help that you still feel like crap! :( Sorry about you being so tired and not getting a break :(

Sweetpea - Enjoy your time in Sweden and the wedding!

AFM - Well we went to my sisters last night for a party, I have never sucked on so many mint's! but H said I hid it well haha! Stacked myself up with pillows during the night and even though I woke early I felt nauseous instead of indigestion, but its still reared it's ugly head and currently sucking on another mint now!

• Sp-enjoy the wedding!

Weekender -i'm sorry you feel so awful. You sound exactly how i felt at the end of last week. It really is so relentless when you havea little person demanding your attention. Does M still nap, can you sleep when she does when you're at home? You need to get your H to contain/occupy her downstairs so you have a bit more peace in the mornings. I very much hope you feel better soon.

CC-try and nibble on thingslike crackers etc, eating really does help with the feeling sick even though youdon't fancy any food.

• No, she doesn't nap anymore, she'll sometimes fall asleep in the car but never in the house, and if she does she doesn't go to sleep at night till about 9pm, so it's the lesser of two evils to let her stay awake during the day.  To be fair to H, the last two weekends he's been out working by 8am both days, but he should be at home this weekend.  He often says he "didn't realise" she'd come upstairs.  Our house isn't exactly big, it's not hard to keep track of her!  I'm going to have a chat with him tonight about it, I've kind of let it go because he's been so stressed at work but I literally can't cope without a break anymore.  And my family live far away and can't help, H's are on the doorstep but are useless.

CC, hope this indigestion clears!

AR, how was your shopping trip yetserday?

• I think men often need things spelling out. After my melt down last week H was extra fabulous all weekend and did everything with her. It made such a difference to catch up with sleep. Saying that i'm knackered again today, just been dozing on the sofa as P is asleep.

Well i made a big error going to clarks the week before schools go back!! It was heaving!!!! Luckily though they had loads of staff on and it only took 5 nminutes to be seen. Finally P is a 4 so there was more choice (she has tiny feet!) and got some lovely ones. Got a couple of other bits and pieces but didn't see much in the way of wintertrousers for her that i liked. We had a lovely meal in prezzo with my mum and i got a goats cheese fix with it on pizza. Yum!!!!!!!!!!

• oh your day yesterday sounds lovely especially the goats cheese bit Laugh is it okay to eat as long as it's cooked then??  I should really read that ready steady baby book the midwife gave me....glad P got sorted with shoes!  

You're right about spellng it out, I spoke to H on the phone at lunchtime and he said he was "looking forward to a family day out on Saturday".  Ha, it's now a daddy and children day out as mummy wants peace!  He's happy enough with that though.  So I'm thinking catch up on things I've sky plussed, read my book, have a bath, nap for a bit...bliss.  Roll on Saturday.

• been nibbling but not found anything that takes it away been eating normal meals, and then it comes back within 10 mins haha! will keep at it! and just moan to H lol

• Weekender that sounds  like bliss!!!

Yep you can eat any of the non-allowed cheeses as long as they have been cooked to piping hot. So goats cheese pizza, baked brie and Camembert etc, soft blue cheese too. And don't forget Stilton is allowed. Can you tell i love cheese?!

• hello ladies, hope you are all ok! im lurking again xx

• Oooo love Stilton so that's good to hear!

Just back from SW Lost a pound this week woohoo! up to 9 pounds in 3 weeks! better loose some more before  midwife appointment haha!

When do you book into see a midwife? and do you just call your dr's surgery? (Sorry for the stupid questions!)

• CC - I ended up at the doc's partly for something else. He told me I don't need to see him at all (I think the word 'ever' was hanging in the air at that point!) and that I ask for a registration form at reception. The midwife called me 2 days later, so that's 4 weeks ago now and booked to see me. My appointment is tomorrow. She said ordinarily it's around 10 weeks but she's off on her hols and thought I'd appreciate an appointment sooner rather later.

We filled in the questionnaire for her last night. No actual questions on the father, which I found odd. I hope it's not some over-PC thing where they don't like to ask in case they offend a single person... I think if there's serious genetic disorders in the father's family that should be relevant for baby too! Oops I'm ranting!!!

• I'd call your surgery CC theyll keep you right, they all do it differently x

NLH Wave

• Thanks ladies, going to leave it till I am 6-7 weeks then make an appointment haha! less time to wait!

• So far the first tri is taking it's toll on my hair it is always looking nasty I can wash it and by the end of the day it's looking greasy and doesn't feel much better. I have also booked my first midwife appointment on September 9th x