Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

***Tuesday 3rd Tri***

Replies

• Flossy I have a creme egg most days lol chocolate is a source of calcium so it's good ;)
  • Counter bed at 8.30pm sounds perfect!!! Know how you feel about things to do. I wanted to paint the dining room door and way lay on the sofa instead!

Abc hip shooting pain sounds rubbish. I hope it stays away.

bbl is it today youre at the hospital? The olympics have been fab, I got very into some cross country skiing at the weekend!!

Ld that sound so positive. Yay!! Dont be afraid yo out people off. I promise you wont regret it. We had people visit the afternoon we got home from hospital and it was awkward. I just wanted to curl up in my pjs with my baby and not have her passed about and people there when trying to feed etc. We arent have any visitors for 48 hours this time and I dont care if peoole are annoyed.

Mrs v a massage sound kovely!!! Enjoy your dinner out.

• Hi flossy. I am eating so much its ridiculous at the moment. You have to listen to your body though and if it neefs the calories then eat. You can worry about the consequences later! Hope youre more comfy today!!

• Morning Ladies

Just a quick one from me today as I am heading off to softplay shortly. Sorry there seems to be a lot of you suffering from insomnia or pain. I hope you can get some rest today

Will try to get back on for personals later

• LD - things are HAPPENING (maybe!) Yay! I would definitely say no hospital visitors, in your shoes. It's not like the olden days where you're in for 5 days and like the company. Most people pop n' hop. Make it clear, they'lll be fine :)

Mrs V - wow!!! Full massage. I am super-duper jealous! Enjoy.

Isis - I went to 40+17 and was ready to perform surgery on myself to get the baby out, so I do understand how frustrating it is when you feel it's 'time'. Try and schedule something little and lovely every day, maybe the same time of day, so you have a treat to look forward to and a focus for yourself .

Flossy - glad the NCT thing went well, but yes, I imagine it runs through your head afterwards and it's difficult to feel relaxed. I'm having a silghtly comfier phase right now but I have days like you describe where it's just so uncomfortable that the day is just a battle to get through, start to finish. And then I realise it's only going to get worse and I feel a bit embarrassed :)  And likewise, I am hungry all the time again. I went about 6 weeks without putting on any weight and suddenly I was 4lbs heavier. And it's just creeping up. The savoury stuff helps me feel less nauseous but is so BAD for me.

• I slept better than usual last night. 11am-8am, and only awake 2 hours during the night. Yet everyone commented on how zombie-like I was when I rolled in to work 15 mins late. I can barely keep my eyes open. There's big work needing to be completed and I'm brain-dead! I'm pretty much staring at the screen with droopy eyelids and my mouth hanging open. And when I get like this I eat more to keep me awake, and then I get fatter. Fabulous, lol  :)

• I'm glad I'm not just greedy! Counter - I've got a real sweet tooth at the moment but then I hate the taste things leave in my mouth so I have to follow it with something savoury (now just thinking about it I really want a sausage roll!). I haven't weighed myself at all, I'm now at the point where I'm a bit scared to! However I am wearing pre-pregnancy clothes today (dress, tights and cardigan) and they all fit so I'm thinking I can't have out on too much (maybe clutching at straws!)

Isis - I like the chocolate = calcium theory! May have to purchase some more...!

AR - pleased you're eating loads too! Me, you and Counter are all really close on dates so maybe the babies are all having growth spurts (let's hope it's the babies and not us!)

• I'm with the rest of you. I'm eating loads. The people in Greggs have got to know me quite well.

• I brought in a healthy eating ready meal, 321 cals, but one of my girls is off to Sainsbury's and suggested she pick me up a hot sausage roll. I said yes. Like a fool. She's only just left the building and I swear I can smell the food already!!!!!

• Im currently sat eating some homemade honeycomb that went wrong. So its bssically sugar and golden syrup.  I am so disgusting!!

• Hello everyone, late on as had repeat bloods at hospital and big crash on my way so took forever to get in. Been busy at work too. You are early risers! I hate to tell you but i have slept well 2 nights in a row!

off to read through the thread. Hope you're all ok. baby out vibes to those that need them.

• AR that sounds amazing! And much more appealing than the satsuma I have sitting on my desk!

• I feel very sick and have an awful taste in ny mouth that I can get rid of. Thst will teach me to be so greedt!!!

• I've just realised weekender hasn't been on today. Hope she's ok, I might fb her although she'll probably think I'm a crazy stalker! Hehe!
  • AR - I just came on to post to Weekender too. I've 'seen' her on FB today, but yonks ago. Stalk her, please!

• Haha she's fine,  although probably thinks im a loon now!

• All good then :)

• Glad WE is ok,

Quick update from the hospital, they weren't bothered about the mucus plug and just told me to call them ASAP if I have the slightest suspicion labour is starting so they can organise the team. I had another scan and with 3 1/2 weeks to go to my due date she's 7lb12 according to them. I have signed my consent for my Section and had my swabs just 3 week 1 day to go, it feels so real now!! I also booked a private room, my OH was teasing me about being a snob, but as I'm expecting to be in at least 3 days it made sense to me  to be able to get some peace, especially as it's only £40 a night. They also said the hospital has a policy where partners can stay for the whole time their wife is in, which I wasn't aware of, but I think I'll be kicking him out so he can be rested when I get home lol.

• Hi ladies, I'm fine :) just was too many personals to do earlier and thought I'd come back to it and didnt get round to it!

AR, I dont think you are a loon, I think you are sweet for being concerned x

BLL, not long now - and £40 a night for a private room sounds like money well spent to me x

• £40 a night is a bargain. Our hospital rooms are £175!

Glad you're ok Weekender.