Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

***Weds 2nd Tri***

Morning all

Jem - hope the meds are kicking in and you are feeling better?

19weeks today. Almost halfway. eeeek! Scan next Monday and then we have a week of stuff planned (zoo, beach, walk+pub lunch) as its my birthday on thursday, so H decided to book entire week off work.  Off to get new shoes on my horse this morning and then take LO over to visit MIL this afternoon (and avoid subject of scan next week as i dont want her offering to babysit!)

Replies

• Morning HF, that sounds like a lovely week planned! My scan is the week after yours! Have you decided if your going to fine out the sex? I hope today goes on at the MIL's!

AFM got home to such a nice surprise yesterday, after me going over and over whether to buy a doppler or not, my H ordered one on amazon on Monday (after talking to a woman at his work who used one) so it was there when I got home last night. I tried it and within a minute had found the babies heartbeat and got to listen to it pounding away! I was worried I wouldn't be able to find it or wouldn't know it was the heartbeat but it has a digital display that tells you the beats per minute (so you know it's not your own pulse as its much higher) and it flashes a little heart indicator.

It was so brilliant and really made me feel better, I'm so happy today!! Also the heartbeat was below where I've been feeling flutters (and the baby is on its head) so I think it might be the feet I've been feeling now! Still on movement watch!! Other than that, 3 more days at work and counting!!x

• Morning!

HF- good luck for your scan next Monday and happy birthday for Thursday. If your MIL brings it up couldn't you just tell her that someone else has already offered to babysit for you?

MissDeeDee- Im jealous of the doppler, i bet its really lovely to be able to hear the heartbeat whenever you want. It was lovely for him to buy it for you.

AFM- Not much to report today. Not much planned. Just a chilling day. Got to go to the post office to send some parcels, stuff we've sold on ebay. Went to mamas and papas and ikea to look at furniture last night. Does anyone else think that the quality of the ikea cots, changers etc are really poor. H didn't seem to think they were too bad, but they seemed really flimsy to me! Mamas and papas were much better but more expensive.

• Morning all!

Horsefan - sounds like a lovely week off!

Missdeedee - jealous of the doppler! I want one now...

Mummysimpson - I sold a load on eBay and the postoffice bit sucks!! lol

AFM - working! lol OH has got loads of overtime so thats good some extra dosh is always handy! Got the dentist later :( just a check up but yuck!!!!

• Morning all another rainy day here today

HF your birthday week sounds amazing. Enjoy. Hope Monday's scan comes around quickly.

MDD how sweet and thoughtful of your H. Glad it made your day.

MS I agree on ikea furniture. Quality not the the best. Enjoy your quiet day.

AFM Isla is particularly whingy this morning. Joy. Think she must be growing as she's constantly asking for food. Going to my grandparents for lunch later. Isla is sleeping over at my mum and dads again tonight so they can listen to her whinge for a bit! (I do love her really!!)

• Hi RL hope dentist goes ok x

• Morning All,

HF- Definitely say you have already sorted out a babysitter if the MIL brings it up. Good luck on Monday and it sounds like you have a lovely week planned for next week!

MissDD- That was lovely of your H to order the doppler for you. I still get goosebumps when we have a MW appointment and get to hear the heartbeat, it makes everything seem to real!

MS- Have a nice day chilling. We haven't looked at any cots or changers as were given some mamas and papas ones from my brother that are like new but they are so sturdy, even after being dismantled and put up again! I suppose it is a case of you get what you pay for.

AFM- Been a bit grumpy and nagging the past few days. I'm finding little things are bugging me more than usual and H is getting an ear full as a result of it! Will try to relax a little more I think. 27 weeks today. Eek!!! Can't believe how quickly everything is going!

• RosyLee- Good that your H is getting some extra hours in. Extra money is always useful but especially with a baby on the way! Hope the dentist goes okay.

MrsB- Aww I hope Isla settles down today and at least she can share her whinging with your grandparents and parents later ;) haha

• All, I do have a babysitter sorted for scan. My Mum! This despite my parents living hour&half away and MIL moved house last year to be living 10mins away. But my Mum actually plays with/entertains LO whereas MIL spends her entire time removing things she doesn't want LO to play with I.e. newspaper clippings, unsorted post, pens etc and at our house, in front of us, she tells LO for stuff we allow her to do like ummm get all the cooking utensils out of drawer and 'drum' on coffee table!  Argghh, families, who'd have 'em? :-)

• Plus my Mum & I are planning a curry out in the evening after scan. Pretty excited about that, Woop!

• Morning everyone!

HF- are you taking your LO to the scan with you?- ignore, saw ur lates post! Think you've made the right choice in babysitter!

missdeedee that sounds amazing! I still havent heard the heartbeat :-( Going to ask midwife at my next appointment if there is anyway of hearing it!

mummysimpson- we haev loads of ikea furniture in our house and we've never had any issues with it but I do feel differently with regards to baby furniture! Ive been looking at john Lewis, they have some resonably priced cots!

Rosy Lee- at least it will be free!

Mrs B- enjoy your night off! :-)

Sam- those wonderful hormones rushing through are bodies eh?!

AFM- was great going home to a new house yesterday! H and his mate had got the beds and the wardrobe built so i could upack some clothes. I may have pushed a few things around and moved a couple of not too heavy boxes! If I felt a twinge thought I stopped!! Took it as a warning i was starting to over do it! I was carrying an empyt box along the corridor and bashed into the banister, totally forgot I had a bump behind the box! doh!

Ive put my wardrobe, draws and shoe cabinet int he "nursery" leaving plenty of space for a changing mat and cot! we had a bouncy chair from ikea that H had already put up their as a nursing chair! Its going to look weird for a bit with furnitute only on one side  but we will soon fill it with baby stuff! :-)

• What has everyone been up to today?!! I can't believe how quiet this thread has got!

• Mrs Bass- I have actually been busy at work today! It does seem some days we fill the thread early in the morning and then all goes quiet.

I have been working working working and not a lot else! How about you?

• I have had more to do today but there is still a sens of the fact that because im new, i dont really haev any responsability yet. Just get given little tasks others dont want to do! :-)

H text to say the old house is completely empty and cleaned! He is a good egg!

I hope to get the kitchen all unpacked tonight! Rock n roll!

Have a lovely evening ladie and if you have all had busy days, I hope you get to put your feet up this evening!

• Wow - where is everyone, are they all in 3rd tri now?

Just thought I would pop in and say hi. I've been struggling, on and off, with this pregnancy over the last few weeks, for a number of reasons, which is part of the reason why I haven't been getting on here quite as much as I could have been. (That and the fact that the thread is usually 3 pages long before I ever get here!). But I'm trying to stay optimistic for now - got my next scan in 11 days so just need to keep going until then. I've started feeling the baby move which is amazing but makes me worry about the outcome of the anomaly scan. Anyway, enough about me....

HF - Sounds like you've got a great week planned for next week - enjoy!

missdeedee I think our scans are on the same day? Oh that's a lovely surprise, I am so jealous. How often are you planning on listening to baby?

MS I would definitely buy M&P over Ikea. I think we'll get ours form there. You do pay more, but I think it's worth it.

RL, hope the dentist wasn't too bad

MrsB, my mum said I used to be the same, just used to follow her round going, 'I'm huuuungry' all the time. TBH I'm not sure I ever grew out of being hungry, sorry! ;-)

Wow Sam 27 weeks, where does the time go?

Mrs Bass, I bet you'll have everything unpacked and where it needs to be in no time. Have fun filling the nursery :-)