Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

***Weekend 2nd Tri***

2»

Replies

• thanks Gem! i think i might invest in one too!

Mrs V- how restrained of you!!

Isis- what is Eureka? Is it like a fun science center?

Little Dude- how exciting about the kick! I felt the same, for a couple of weeks i was unsure if i was feeling baby or if it was wind but when it kicked for the first time, there was no mistaking it!

I had a pretty lazy day y.day, only left the house to go to the supermarket. In the evening I had a nice long bath then got in my pjs and curled up on the sofa to watch a movie and I was asleep withing the first 30 mins!! Luckily I had sen the film before! Dragged myself to bed and had a great nights sleep only woke just after 6 when H came to bed! Im assuming he got home, sat in the lounge with a nightcap to watch telly and fell asleep there (hey, who am I to judge!) Just hope he isnt too hungover as my bestie is coming for lunch today with her fiance and one of our other best mates! Cant wait!! sure it will all be all wedding and baby talk, the boys will love it!

• Yep eureka in Halifax, it's a kids museum and completely fantastic. Jude was so excited. Today he's going on a boat with fil, his partner and their other nephew. Good luck to them! I'm planning a quiet day doing very little! Still not felt any movements yet :(

• Morning all, hope you're all having lovely weekends! LD that is so funny we have the same due date and last night was the first time for me as well that I've thought, yep that is definitely a kick (felt more like a thump actually compared to the other ones I've noticed, goodness knows what he/she is doing in there!!)

I really like the look of that pod thing... I ordered the jumperoo when it was on offer but it might be nice to have something to use from birth too, particularly for downstairs!

Hoping for a lazy day today :-)

• Just poking my head round to say hello, 2 pages on a weekend is almost unheard of!

Sounds like you're all having good weekends.  My mum felt baby move for the first time yesterday and said aww now I can go and put it on facebook!! Bless her.  I'm suffering with a really heavy cold today so going to be a quiet one for me, hoping it's gone by tomorrow

• Loving the busy thread!

Went to ikea yesterday, which was hell on earth, to get a chest of drawers for the nursery and they were out of stock (insert crying icon) due in today so ave to go back! I've sharpened my elbows, so wish me luck ladies xxx

• Hi everyone!

Sorry I've not been around much lately. Work has got really busy - I'm currently covering 3 peoples jobs and working very late every night, not even taking a break for lunch. My boss joked, 'oh this isn't very good for your stress levels is it?' Er, no - can you do something about it please?? Anyway.

Mrs Bass well done on staying up until 2am! I reckon even a gentle stroke does make a noise. Maybe your H should talk to baby, apparently they can hear male voices better than female ones, that might get a reaction for him? Eeek about the practice contractions!

missdeedee I feel your pain on the sleep front! That's great deal you got on your baby monitor. Which crib are you thinking of getting?

MrsP good luck with getting your furniture today!

Gemini what colour did you get the Rialto in? Hope your day of cleaning and ironing wasn't too boring. I've got a similar day ahead myself.

OB I can't believe it's nearly your gender scan already, time is going by so fast!

Hello Mrs V and Isis

LD and Rose that's lovely that you have both felt baby move now :-)

Hope you feel better soon Jem, big hugs. xxx

AFM, enjoying baby's kicks and wriggles :-). He's starting doing this weird thing though where he pushes really hard against my skin, like he's trying to burst through it! It only happens for about 5 seconds or so then he stops. It's so odd, but kinda nice to know he's getting stronger in there! :-). Been trying to sort out my maternity allowance and getting thoroughly confused by it, it's not at all straightforward. Might have to ring the helpline, which I hate doing, but I'm totally stuck. Never mind. Not much else to report other than that I can't wait for maternity leave!!

• Hi all, had the worse nights sleep ever - LO awake from 2-4am, argument with H at 4am - cos I thought it was his turn (even tho I know she just screams blue murder at him in night until I go in) H went to sleep on sofa. LO came in with me at half4. I eventually nodded off sometime before 5am. Then H woke me up at 6am coming back to bed. Needless to say I'm in a pretty terrible mood.

Supposed to be doing a charity whatsit on my horse at 1pm but I don't even have the energy to get dressed!

• Oh horsefan, sounds grim. I'd go back to bed. I'm feeling tired and I had a reasonable night unfortunately the boy woke me at one point. He starts school this week which means no more lie ins for me as I have to be up to take him, feels like such a responsibility lol at least I can have an afternoon nap haha

• Rose that is really funny about getting kicks on the same day.

Sorry you had such a rubbish nights sleep Horsefan. Hope you had a nap this afternoon.

Hope everyone is having a fab Sunday.