Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

***Weekend 2nd Tri***

Morning Ladies!

we have a lovely sunny sky this morning, hope everyone else does! Im feeling much better today! less sneezing, snot and coughing!!  had a little ache on my bump, still in the same spot but  not as much as there has been.

Hope you all have lovely, weekends, im just waiting for my friends to arrive! Oh and H has gone to pay the admin fees on the house!!! Exciting!!!

Replies

• Happy weekend! Maybe you have a foot or an arm in an awkward place?

Baby went on a bit of a journey upwards towards my lungs yesterday which led to severe lack of oxygen! He seems to have shifted back a bit now though. H is away this weekend so a quiet day for me, going out tonight so trying to build up the energy stores.

• Morning ladies!

Mrs Bass I'm glad you're feeling better. Maybe it was a cold/flu rather than just hayfever? Either way, I hope that's the end of it for you now.

TT, nice to see you over here, I just joined 2nd tri yesterday! I hope you manage to get loads of rest in today, are you doing something nice tonight?

AFM, well the inlaws arrived last night. I went out for food with them but I came home alone after the meal. I wasn't enjoying myself and I think I was tired, so I went to bed at 9.30! They all went to the pub and had a few drinks. They're out at the moment as FIL wanted to watch the lions game and we don't have sky sports, so they're back in the pub! I'm going to meet them for lunch and then we're back out this evening for dinner. I'm exhausted, and really can't be bothered!

• Hi Imp, I am so pleased to see you in 2nd tri! I remember the exhausted phase well. Hopefully it will ease for you soon.

I'm going to see The Wildhearts with a friend, training baby into liking loud music from an early age so that we can outnumber daddy who is a fan of the phrase "what is that godawful noise?" ;)

• Haha! Good plan, well I hope you and baby enjoy yourselves.

• Mrs bass - so glad you are feeling better. Enjoy your sunny afternoon!

Imp - sounds busy for you, take it easy and put your feet up :) how long are your in laws visiting for?

TT good thinking, I'm training the baby to appreciate a good heavy baseline by listening to some heavy grunge in the mornings on my way to work. Seems to like it so far!

AFM went to bed at 10.30 last night and woke up at 10am this morning so must have needed the sleep! Not much planned today and going to visit my sister for a family BBQ in London tomorrow which should be nice. Looking forward to my week off immensely, am planning lots more 12 hour sleeps :)

• Hi ladies, this just a quick check in from me as dinner is about ready (H is cooking!!!!!). Done loads of housework today. Had heartburn all afternoon and really don't fancy the curry H is cooking but he so rarely cooks I daren't say anything!

Off on a endurance ride tomorrow. Sooooo looking forward to it although bit worried about heat. Not much I can do except take loads of water with me and actually remember to drink it!

• Hi all. Not been about for a while but pop in from time to time. Wanted.to.ask a question about movement. I'm 17 weeks and been feeling movement more in the last week or so. Is it normal to vary each day at this stage? Today I've hardly felt anything and its hard not to worry!

• Yes mermaid perfectly normal, I felt my first flutter at 16wks exactly and then nothing at all for around a week after that which was a bit unnerving! Then it increased in frequency but there was no noticeable pattern in movement until around 19 1/2 wks when baby settled into his now standard pattern of mid morning and early evening activity.

I just got in from my night out about half an hour ago, am ridiculously proud of myself haha.

• I did think that TT but it was there for 2 days!! it completely gone now though! How was your night out?

Imp Ive no idea what it was but im glad im over the worst of it? How was your lunch and dinner? did you have any more energy?

PC that sounds like an amazing nights sleep! i still keep waking up so early!

HF hope you have a great time on your ride today!! Hope it's not too hot!

Hi Mermaid- afraid I can't help with that, havent felt any movement yet!

TT- that is impressive!!!

Had a great time with my friends y.day, we sat in the garden afternoon with a spot of lunch  and they enjoyed some pimms. we didnt realise how hot it was and we all caught the sun a little bit too much! Oops! We went to a great Caribbean resturant for dinner which was lovely but my body seems to have one off spicy food, not happy with is at all! :-S

We then went to another bar a watched all the stag & hen parties going past! It was great fun. I apologised a couple of times that it wasn't as hardcore as our nights out usually are but they were really sweet about it and kept insisting that they were happy to head home when ever I was ready! Luckily as they had been drinking most of the day they were happy to head home about 10:30!

We got home and I got a call from my best mate (who is currently in Paris with her boyfriend) to tell me they had got engaged! As soon as I saw she was calling me at 11pm from Paris, I guessed why!!! Im so excited and she asked me to be bridesmaid too!!!!

Having a lazy day today then heading to a pub quiz later! Plan to blame baby brain for all the questions I cant answer!! :-)

• Hiya, hope everyone's having a nice weekend?

Mrs Bass - glad you're feeling better. Sounds like you had a lovely day yesterday. Congrats to your friend, that's brilliant news :-)

TT - well done on the late night! How was the gig?

Imp - how was dinner with the outlaws?

popcorn - I am so jealous of your 12 hour sleep. I can't do long sleeps without waking up to pee anymore, I'd kill for a sleep like that! Enjoy your BBQ today.

HF -  I hope you have a good ride today. Make sure you do drink plenty of water. x

Mermaid - how exciting, enjoy the movements! I can't wait for them to start for me.

I've got a pounding headache and blocked sinuses today and feel soooooooooo sorry for myself. I've not had any paracetamol as I'm a bit paranoid about it. But all I can do today is lie in a dark room and try (unsuccessfully) to sleep. Sob! New job tomorrow, absolutely bricking it at the thought of not only starting the new job, but also telling them that I'm 14 weeks pregnant. I think I'll have to do it tomorrow, it seems like the only fair thing to do. I'm going to tell them that I didn't know when I accepted the offer, and that once I found out, there was no guarantee that it would make it this far. And to be fair, I had only known for a few days when they offered me the job, so it's not a total lie.  If I hadn't been TTC I probably wouldn't even have known. I just hope they are ok with it, once they get over the shock. If not, and they find a reason to let me go, I'll be gutted, as I chased this job for over a year, but I'll do any other job if need be until maternity leave starts. I think I could actually quit working now and still qualify for maternity allowance as I've already worked 26 weeks in the 66 weeks before the baby is due!

• Hiya. The ride was AWESOME. However I am a little bit shattered now :-)

• Oh Penny, I hope you are feeling better soon!

Lots of luck for your first day!! Im thinking about when im going to tell my new boss too! I start in the new department next monday when I will be 17 weeks. I was thinking of waiting until the 20 week scan but I think it might be better to get it over with. Ive signed my contract now so i might do it on the first day!

We have just had a lovely stroll down to the new house to check out our new local shop and pub! the pub is great and has some oh mine & H's favourite ales and ciders on pump! Lucky him, not so lucky me until next year!

HF- glad you enjoyed yourself, early nigh tonight?!