Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

***weekend 3rd tri***

Replies

• MDD I hope you're right about a rush of BAs! I'm quite impatient now and would love to be first, but on the other hand I'm feeling quite comfy and happy at the moment, haven't hit desperation levels yet! Loved it when my time left at work switched into counting by days - I hope it flies by for you.

CK, lovely photo! It amazes me how 'real' the 3D scans are - I know that sounds stupid but I hope you know what I mean!

Banzy, glad your little one is feeling better and slept well!

LP, shame your sweep couldn't be done but I guess it's quite early - they don't offer them here until 41 weeks because they rarely can reach at 40 weeks. Baby's head being low is great though!

Sam, sounds like you're well on the way! So exciting! Did you DTD last night?! Even at 7 mins apart that's still fairly frequent. We were advised by NCT lady to call the labour ward when they were around 5 mins apart, but she did warn us that plenty of women don't every hit that regular pattern and may switch from 2-3 mins to 8 mins all the way through!

Gemini, can't believe it's so long since you moved house - feels like 5 mins ago you were posting about it! Mind you, also feels like 5 mins since we were all TTC and now look at us! Did you get paint chosen for the nursery? If you think shopping now is dangerous, wait til you go overdue and have nothing to do except sit on the laptop and internet shop Wink

Mrs Bass, thank you for the baby out vibes, they are definitely needed! A day of baby shopping / bag packing sounds lovely, I don't think bags can be prepared too early! (She says, with everything having sat ready for the last 5 weeks...!)

MrsP, hope you're enjoying your lazy day. What a well trained hubby as well!

HF, bless you, it'll all be worth it when the house is finished and looks amazing!

MrsB, shame you can't go to any fireworks - maybe the noise would get the baby shifting!

AFM, I lost my plug over the course of yesterday, never thought that would be so exciting. Then today I had a bloody show - absolutely tonnes of the stuff, how on earth do our bodies produce so much?! Quite revolting but again exciting as I must have dilated more and was 2cm on Thursday so getting cracking now. Still not many contractions (maybe not any - at some point they must stop being BH and start being proper contractions?!) but hoping this gradual build up will mean when it kicks off properly it'll be quick. My favourite MW is on call all weekend so really hoping it happens while she's on!

• Also - no sign of Tina Teaspoon on here or FB today, hope this means something exciting!

• Picked a few tester pots Mrs50's as still couldnt decide!

Not heard anything from TT yet either. Im her PP for our group so fingers crossed something is happening for her!

• Well ladies, its official. Im having a baby!

H and MIL talked me into going to the hospital as both were terrified H would end up delivering baby.. drama queens! Examined and im 3cm, waters ready to pop and cervix is thin and stretchy. Talk about a difference from yesterday! They said I could stay in but I didn't want to so have come to Hs dads for a bath as we dont have one. Im guessing by early hours tomorrow our little one will be here.

Sorry for queue jumping and all the baby out vibes I can muster for everyone who needs them!

And yes, treated H and we dtd last night so get pouncing on your men ladies!

• All the best for your labour Sam :)

• Yayyyyy! Cant wait for your BA Sam! :-)

• Hope you are doing well Sam, looking forward to the BA xxx

• Wooo so excited for you Sam!

I am here and sadly have not been busy having a baby. Yesterday I noticed I hadn't been feeling him move as much, so after trying everything we could think of we phoned the hospital and they got me in for monitoring. Of course as soon as I was strapped to a monitor baby started having a bit of a dance! But it was good to know that all was fine. They also monitored the top of my uterus for contractions and even though I couldn't really feel anything but a slight tightening, there were definitely little contractions showing up in the monitor. H kept saying "oh, you're having another contraction", it kept him occupied for 20 minutes anyway! So something is going on but who knows if it's making any difference at all.

• Are you still in hospital now Tina? x

• First time I've got on here today, bit late for personals (and on my phone) but Sam - how exciting! Good luck xxx I might just take your advice about DTD too!

Hello to everyone else, I'll try and get on properly tomorrow and catch up with everyone xx

• MrsP no, they just kept me hooked up for about 30 minutes to check he wasn't doing anything odd. All back to normal today!

• Oooh Sam, good luck - look forward to your BA! I'll even forgive you for queue jumping, you are overdue after all Wink

• Thanks for all the good luck wishes ladies, really means a lot!

Still at FILs in the bath. It has helped so much and can really relax in between.

• Oh how exciting, we should have a couple of BAs by monday morning!

I went over to the shop but t it was all pretty pricey and the lady started talking to me about my nipples and cream so I made a quick exit!

H wanted to show are faces at his goddaughters 7th birthday party. We were there over 4 hours and I was so ready to get home. I didn't even get a balloon animal from the magician :o (

I washed a big load of baby grows, muslins and bedding today! Most exciting ive ever got about laundry!

Did u wash ur cellular blankets?

• Looking forward to a BA from you sam. Hopefully this is the start of s snowball effect and there are loads more soon including me ;-)
  • Just got home from the pub, popped to say happy birthday to my friend. Left them all to get pissed now, felt nice to know I was going home to my warm bed!!

Yay to Sam - good luck, looking forward to seeing you BA!!!

Fingers crossed for you too mrs 50s, looks like thing are happening for you x

• Isla woke up stupidly early this morning 5.30am luckily H is dealing with her so I'm still in bed!

HAPPY DUE DATE TO ME!!! Nothing happening though. Isla's party this afternoon so busy day ahead.

Hope we see sam's BA this morning

• Looks like an eventful weekend! Sam I hope we see your news soon and TT glad all is ok, sounds like things might be moving along!lots of early November babies on their way.

Mrs Bass how many cellular blankets did you get? I've only got one but I've bought another couple of blankets and I know already that my mum and sister have both bought lovely blankets and my mum has knitted a gorgeous shawl. Not sure how many I need!

Happy due date Mrs B! I'm also up crazy early but it's a combination of a poorly little dog and my night owl unborn child!

We got the room emptied yesterday and I bought paint so we will paint the nursery today!! So glad it's getting started, I seem to have baby stuff everywhere and can't wait to get it all put away in one room x

• Morning ladies, happy due date MrsB! Hope Sam is getting on ok and meets her baby soon if she hasn't already. I'm feeling awful this morning, had a really bad night and woken up with a mucousy nose and throat :-( don't think I'll be doing much today!

• Happy due date mrs B

I've been up most of the night with contractions! Started at 1am, started timing at 3am and they were averaging 4 and a half mins apart. Managed to fall asleep at 5.15am and was woken by one at 6am but they have now gone down to every 8mins so not sure what's happening. We haven't got a bath so may take a trip to my mums in a bit and have a soak and see if things get moving again. I hope this is the start of something, although I would like a bit more sleep!!

Also agree with Sam on how to get things started first contraction was an hour after DTD!