Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

***weekend 3rd tri***

Replies

• How exciting Banzy! Xx

• Happy due date MrsB!

Banzy, doesn't sounds like you'll be far behind Sam! Popped on here earlier than normal in the hopes to see a BA, impatient for everyone else's if my baby isn't cooperating!

Last night had a couple of 'somethings' - they were making me wriggle on the spot and internally swear, the pain was very cervix-y but accompanied by mild period pain and bump hardening so not sure whether that still just classes as braxton hicks. Either way I was hopeful-ish, but they stopped when I went to bed. I've only been up once for a toilet trip and had even MORE plug - seriously, how much can be in there - but feel shattered this morning and don't think I slept well. I vaguely remember waking up a few times with mild pains but thinking 'I'm going back to sleep, if they get going properly it'll wake me up' but obviously it didn't.

Had to get up at 8 due to intense heartburn, so have had breakfast, caught up on FB etc, and think I'll head back to bed for a nap when the heartburn has definitely eased.

• Thanks ladies. So excited to potentially hear of so many BAs x

• Sounds like it could be the start of something Mrs 50s. My pains have again almost stopped which is very annoying. Im frantically bouncing on my ball but only getting them every 20 mins ish now!!

Looks like this baby isn't coming yet after all!!

• They definitely like to keep us guessing! I figure I'm 12 days over now and having had so much plug come away and the massive bloody show yesterday it can't be TOO long before a baby is here. Trying to remain optimistic! I always joked about a bonfire night baby - which would put me at 42 weeks exactly - but I didn't really think I'd get that far!

• Just popping my head in to say hurry up babies!! Sounds like we may be having a flood of BAs in the next few days!

Mrs50s - have they said how far overdue they will let you go and still be allowed a home birth? I hope you get to use your lovely birth pool soon

• MissDeeDee- i only have one, plus more of a pram blanket! Im guessing I'll get a few as gifts.

Im not sure i'll bother washing it, Its not going to be in direct contact with baby's skin. might just air it!

• Hope Sam is doing ok, been thinking about her!

Well, another one here who has been awake for hours due to potential developments! I had a couple of contractions before bed last night, slept til 4.30, then awake since then as they were coming irregularly but roughly every 15 minutes. I did get back to sleep for an hour but they kept waking me up, which is a good sign I guess?! I'm bouncing on my ball and the last few have been around 8 minutes apart, just heading off for a shower and we will see what happens. I am worried they are not contractions at all! I know everyone says you will know them when they arrive but what if I actually don't?!

Oh and to join Sam and Banzy's club, we also DTD last night at around 7ish. So I would recommend it as a baby eviction tool ;)

• Im getting too exciting about these upcoming BAs, i keep updating my H but don't think he is quite as excited as me!

• Sorry to crash but I just updated the 2013 due date list and realized there is 5 ladies now overdue/due today. Good luck ladies - I look forward to your upcoming birth annoucements :)

• JT - as far as I like, they had a recent homebirther at 44+4. I'll have a meeting with the SOM on Tuesday to make it official that I'm declining induction but consenting to daily CTGs and still aiming for homebirth. Keeping everything crossed we don't make it to Tuesday! DTD didn't work for us when we tried it, and now I've lost so much plug I daren't risk it in case of infection (although waters haven't gone so it would probably be ok - but after me expaining in detail about plug and bloody show to H, I don't think he'll come near me anyway!)

Looking forward to BAs from Sam, Banzy and TT... hoping I'm not far behind you!

• Hi all

Had on /off contractions all day varying from 8 - 20 mins apart so doesn't look like I'm close to anything but at least it feels like we are heading in the right direction. Just had a clary sage bath and I'm going to have a little nap before a lovely roast cooked by my mum. I only came round to borrow her bath and she's cooking us dinner, nicer than the macdonalds I was going to have!

Good luck to Sam, TT and Mrs 50s - hopefully we will have at least 1 BA by tomorrow! x

• Hi all, just checking in to say Baby out vibes a plenty!!!  I've a small announcement, I finally finished painting all the f-ing walls on our halls/stairs/landing. Just all the woodwork to go!

• Well ladies, im now a mummy! Baby Sophia was born this morning at 5.54am. Birth centre was full but I had a hands off labour on delivery suite for the most part. Went in at 10pm to be re-examined and I was 5cm and was transferred to delivery suite. I had some more paracetamol and codeine and chose to hold off the gas and air for as long as possible. It was about 2.30am when I started on the gas and air but by this point I was about 7-8cms and didn't find it very effective. All was well until about 4am when baby hb decided to play silly buggers. Really struggled the last 2 hour but the outcome was an episiotomy and a natural delivery and we have a very precious and healthy baby!

I'm feeling fine already (even with having about 40 mins sleep since 5am yesterday) and so so on love with our little one.

Sending all the baby out vibes to those needing them and I can't wait to see some BAs xxx

• AAAAhhhhhh congratulations!!!!! Lovely name as well, I'm so bloody chuffed for you!! Can't wait to see pics! xxx

• Congratulations Sam, and hello baby Sophia, beautiful name. Hope you manage some sleep xxx

• Congratulations Sam, lovely name and sounds like you had a relatively nice labour (as nice as labour can be!!) looking forward to seeing some pics x

• Awwww congratulations to you and hubby Sam! beautiful name!! Xxx

• Congratulations Sam. Great news! x

• So pleased to read that, congratulations to you and your H, look forward to seeing a pic of Sophia xxx