Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

***Weekly Tri thread 26th Jan***

Hi ladies! How have we all been? How was your weekend?

Only 3 days until house move for us! At the moment our house feels like it's been turned upside down. Our dining table which is in our living room has been dismantled. So I feel like I can't put Dexter down to play because he would just go straight for the things he shouldn't be touching. It's really not very baby proof. So the plan is to take him out to soft play today before I take him to get weighed this afternoon.

Tomorrow we have our scan. Not really worried about it since the last one went so well. Wednesday we have our baby signing class and then Thursday the big move!

Poor H is off sick today. He looks really poorly bless him. I think he did too much packing and moving furniture yesterday. Even Dex noticed how poorly he was looking. He said to him "dada" and then signed "sleep" to him. Hubby took that as him telling him to go back to bed.

Hi to all followers!

Replies

• There were paragraphs in that when I wrote it, but they seem to have magically disappeared! Must be something to do with posting from an IPhone.

• Hi MS sorry to hear about your H, that's rough timing. Love that D signed so well to him though, so clever!

AFM have been out for lunch with my ILs today, S is shattered and looks like he's getting a cold so he's in bed now while I have a cuppa. Got quite a busy week as have to squeeze in 28 week blood tests, whooping cough jab and S's flu spray thing around our normal groups and classes. I'd rather be busy though!

• Ooh and good luck for the scan tomorrow MS xx

• MS - Hope the move goes well, it must be slightly chaotic at the moment but will be worth it in the end though :) good luck for you scan tomorrow and also hope your H is feeling better soon x

Popcorn - Definitely better to be busy! Good luck with all the needles this week! I don't like needles to week 28 was not my favorite!

AFM - Didn't get round to doing any more on the nursery, although we did buy a bargain mobile for the cot - £10 down from £28 from the Mama's and Papa's outlet. I'm now on the hunt for curtains, I love several of the ones from M&P but can't justify the cost so I'm scouring eBay daily! And this week is my first 4 day week, I can't wait for Wednesday already!

• Hi All!

Sorry i've been a bit MIA of late.  I really need to do better!

MS - I hope the scan went well today and that your hubby is feeling better in time for the move later in the week!

Popcorn - Sounds like a busy week ahead!  Hope all goes well with your Midwife appointment, bloods/whooping cough jab etc

Woowoo - W's room is a black out blind with curtains.  Argos have some nice ones that aren't too badly priced!

AFM - I am SO tired just now.  Can't believe this is my last week of 2nd Tri either!  Baby is getting more and more wriggly which i do love...so long as they don't boot me one down low...not such a fan of those ones.  Mixed bag of feelings this week.  My older brothers girlfriend has an MMC. Looks like she lost it at about 8 weeks, but it wasn't picked up until the 12 week scan.  I'm beyond gutted for them.  I keep getting wee waves of sadness.

In slightly happier news, We're now going on Holiday this year when baby will be 10 weeks or so old.  For the past couple of years we've gone away with my parents to various locations across Scotland. It's been quite good as we take our own cars and really just share accommodation and go off during the day and do our own thing. My parents are taking my sisters kids with them and we've to bring ourselves and children, so essentially my parents are going on holiday with all their grandkids plus 1 daughter and son in law.  I said it didn't sound like they were in for much rest if we all go, but they say it's what they'd like.  So essentially a free holiday for us as they won't even take money for the cottage they've booked! we just need to pay for food and fuel...and anything else we want to buy while we're away.

Hope everyone else is doing well! :-)

• WW have you got anything nice planned for your day off tomorrow?

RKB nice to see you love! I'm bricking it that I'm in 3rd tri now, where has the time gone? Your holiday sounds lovely x

• Sorry, I meant to also add how sad to hear about your brother's gfs  mc. I hope they are as ok as they can be xxx

• MS - Hope the move is going well!

Popcorn - good luck with all the jabs this week! Not looking forward to that week!

WW - hope you've enjoyed your first 4 day week.

RKB - Sorry to hear about your brothers MMC, hope they're doing ok. The holiday you planned sounds lovely.

AFM - not much to report yet, still don't feel pregnant, so i'm starting to convince myself i'm not.  I received my booking in appointment for when I'm 10 weeks, I'm sure it was earlier last time. Luckily its just before I start back at work, but one of the first things I'll have to do is book time off for my scan :-)

• RKB - Sorry to hear about your brother's baby, must be very hard for them. Good news about the holiday - especially as it's pretty much free! We're hoping to get away with the in-laws in September on a similar sort of deal ;)

PC - Didn't do too much with my day off, few chores, bit of baking then sofa day. It was lovely though :)

MrsP - I know how you feel, those few weeks are so odd, you only have a stick telling you are pregnant though so it is hard to believe! Booking in appointment will be here in no time!

AFM - Managed to get some bargain curtains from Ebay along with a matching lightshade, nursery is finally coming together. We're also picking the pram up this weekend - sh*t is getting real now!!