Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

**~ Weds 3rd Tri ~**

Replies

• Morning ladies, busy thread again :)

Counter hope heating is fixed asap. I know that uncomfortable feeling, it's hitting me now and its not good!

NLH, hope tomorrow's sweep gets things going, and there's no infection. Maybe it's s sign of things getting ready?

ABC, hope you get sorted with a kitchen!

SP, last pregnancy I kicked H out of the bed for the last few weeks and we both slept sooo much better! That was really generous of your colleagues, how lovely!

AR, sounds like a nice relaxed day, enjoy. Good luck with growth scan tomorrow x

Isis, hope you get some rest - annoying about Asda x

Bertie, don't stress about the lack of cover. It's their problem not yours x

All ok here, H got M up and took her to nursery so I've had a lovely lie in. I had a bit of a meltdown last night, I was going out to get takeaway for tea last night and H said he'd come, leaving M with mum. M had a total tantrum about it (about the 20th of the day) and I just lost it then felt so bad when she said I'd been shouting at her all day ((she was right). She ended up coming with us, but I just wanted ten minutes to ourselves, H and I are getting no time at all since my mum is here - and I know I've asked her to be here and she's doing us a massive favour so I can't complain...I'm just at the end of my rope with worrying about baby, the delivery, whether I'm going to start bleeding while standing in local corner shop etc. I want to go to Tesco and push a heavy trolley if I feel like it, or go out somewhere without a chaperone! My friend invited us round yesterday after gymnastics for a cuppa and my mum came too which is fair enough but it's not the same.

So that's where I'm at. Fedup.com. Feels better to get that out!

Hope LD is working on getting that baby out!

Hi to anyone on later x

• Must be such a shock when it happens!!!
  • Section4, hope your day is chilled and your energy levels pick up!

• Bertie - another vote for trying not to let the work stuff get to you. I am the last person to be able to advise on this, but you are utterly right, they've had ages. You have one pair of hands. Try to relax :)

• Late to the thread, will try to get back for personals but now I'm panicking our little girl might be a boy! That wouldn't be a bad thing at all (to be honest I never imagined us with a girl in the first place!) but it would be a shock! I now wish we had another scan booked in just to double check. Although if she was hiding boy bits at the scan she was doing a good job as her legs were completely spread open!

Hope everyone is ok, glad some of you got a better nights sleep. I can't quite believe I'm 34 weeks today...where's the time gone?!

Weekender - I can imagine having your mum around 24/7 isn't easy, you're doing really well! Is she staying till you have the baby? I'm sure M just feels unsettled by everything that's happening, hopefully she'll be in a be in a better mood today. x

• Oh weekender it must be so hard going at the moment. M will have forgotten all about it this morning I'm sure. Try to take one day at a time and remember you have a max of a few weeks to go. I know it feels like forever but it really won't be. Baby will be hear safely soon and all of this horribleness will be forgotten about. X
  • How now we are all thinking we may give brith to the opposite sex!

Weekender- It must be really hard for you not getting any time to just you and H. It's lovely that you have your mum there for support etc but sometimes you just need some space. Along with all the worry you have also no wonder you are getting a bit fed up. Not too long to go now though x

S4- Enjoy your lazy day :)

Flossy- Your little lady sounds as ladylike as mine, completely spread her legs when the sonographer was checking the sex.

• We- I can't even begin to think how worried you must be, unfortunately it really is totally out of your hands, I know there is lots you want to do but you really do need to rest. Take ny hat off to you for having your mum stay, I can't be in the same room as mine for too long LOL

Things will get better I promise, and soon enough you will have your baby and all this crap will of been worth it xx

• Random question for you ladies, especially the later 3rd tri ladies, have you had a feel inside??? I wanted to see if I could feel anything different so I had a bit of a poke last night.   Pardon the Tmi.... But I swear to god I can feel babies head through my vaginal wall, there is a large solid round objects that I could run my fingers over??? And I mean solid, so what else can it be???

• Morning all,

Not going to attempt personals as I'm on my phone. I wouldn't worry too much about the sex thing, I've heard of it happening once but on our 20 week scan we asked about it and apparently they look for three dots now on girls, if they don't see them they won't tell you the sex nowadays, so it's not just the absence of a willy they're looking for. I was up Hal the night eating cereals an being generally uncomfortable, but I'm up watching the curling now. Come on the GB girls xx

• Morning-ish ladies. Hope you are all ok. I won't attempt personals as on my phone but sounds like there is a lot of decorating/boiler fixing going on which is exciting.

I can't believe that happens in real life where they get the sex of the baby wrong! I'm quite glad I don't know now.

Weekender - hope you're ok. I can imagine how frustrating it must be not to be able to do anything for yourself and have all this additional worry. It's all for the best for you and the baby. Anyone being near me dries me mad within hours let alone weeks at a time.

Afm - Still no baby! I have contractions last night which I thought was it. They were coming every 20 minutes or so throughout the evening but completely died off before bedtime. A tad annoying but I had an amazing nights sleep, I've only just woken up! Induction day tomorrow!

• Oh Weekender. So sorry you're feeling like this and I completely understand.You know rationally that what you're diong is for the best, and it's for a finite period, and your reward will be priceless xx

But of course it pi$$es you off! Any decent distractions or hobbies you can employ? Me - I'd just sit and eat, lol. Any boxsets you fancy watching, a book you would like to get in to, or a (gentle) crafty hobby you could focus on so you feel as though you're producing something whilst you are constrained? Sorry. You've probably thought of all those!

• LD - get a shift on, every baby ticked off the list puts me one further up the list to getting this little giant out of me LaughLaugh Your mega-sleep sounds awsome. Conserving energy... maybe things will kick off this avo :)

• The mega sleep was awesome although I have a headache now from too much sleep. I hope something happens, I'm going to give it a bloody good go today. Ball bouncing and nipple tweaking all the way! Do you think any of this actually works?

• Who knows ld. There is never anyway of telling if something worked or if it would've happened anyway. Mind you I swear hot curty then sex is what set ps labour off. Cant hurt to do it all!!

• Ha ha LD, All simultaneously - ball bouncnig, nipple tweaking, pineapple curry eating, with some aromatherapy on the side Laugh

• Afternoon everyone

Counter - Sorry you are so uncomfortable at night, hope you get your heating working today. When are you finishing work or are you working right up to due date?

NLH - Hope you manage to get some rest, waiting is horrible isn't it? I keep thinking I'm ok waiting this week but next week I can see myself getting impatient! I have no idea about feeling the babys head - I'm too scared to have a feel lol!

ABC - It will be lovely to have a new kitchen in time for baby arriving.

SP - Excellent about the good nights sleep, bless your H. I was wondering the same about the size of the baby, like you say ours could just be curled right up :)

AR - Good luck for the scan tomorrow. Enjoy your chilled day.

Isis - Hope you managed to sort things out.

Bertie - As others have said you can't worry about your mat cover, they have had long enough to sort it out! You must be difficult to replace.

Section4 - Enjoy your lazy day.

WE - Sorry you are feeling down. Ity must be a horrible feeling not knowing if you are going to bleed or not but you are doing a great job and you are nearly 36 weeks now!

Flossy - Happy 34 weeks, 3rd tri goes fast doesn't it?

LD - How frustrating! But glad you had a good sleep. Hopefully it will ramp up again for you later before induction tomorrow.

AFM - Been very productive this morning. Put washing on, weeded part of the garden, walked the dog, baked a cake and changed our bedding! What the hell am I going to do for the rest of the week??!

Had a few period pains first thing this morning but nothing else to report. Seeing my friend and her twins this afternoon which will be nice.

• Oh Mrs V - you baked a cake?? Lovely! What was it? <drools> You could crack on with my baby quilt that I intended to start Jan 1st?!! Love the idea of needing to fill time. Books, jigsaws, films, etc... Bliss!

I'm working until the Fri before my EDD (which is a Tues). I was going to work until the DAY before but working on the Monday when I could have a long weekend just seemed daft.

Newsflash - apparently there's an operational boiler at Counter Castle!!!! Job not quite finished but fings is 'appening!!!! :)

• Counter that is brilliant news, what a luxury to go home to a warm house!!

Mrs v enjoy having nothing to do!! I have fond memories of lazing about all day o my furst materbity keave when waiting for p. No such luxury with #2!!

• Hey lovelies, it's so nice being on mat leave and being able to pop in without boring work getting in the way!

AR - defo sounds like you've got a long baby in there...or one that likes to stretch out at least! Re the vouchers we'll probably get a cot set and a mobile for starters. I was told to buy myself something too so we'll see!

Isis - did you manage to get things sorted? How annoying!

NLH - enjoy the in laws! Not sure about the cervix/ thing but I assumed that your cervix was tightly closed unless you are dilated?!

Counter....eeeeeek!!!!!!! This has concerned me on and off but when you hear about it happening it makes it so real that it can be wrong!!! Great news re the boiler.

Bertie - hope you aren't letting work worry you too much. You'll be too busy enjoying your mat leave to think about how they are covering your post! Only 7 days!!! Yay!!!

S4 - enjoy your lazy day missus!

WE you poor thing. Big hugs m'love. It's hard having extended family to stay and you've had so much to deal with it's no surprise you have felt so upset at times. AR is right in that it's only a matter of weeks now.

Flossy - yay to 34 weeks! 3rd tri flies doesn't it?

BLL - it's rubbish being awake through the night. I found mat physio so helpful in terms of advice for getting comfortable...well more comfortable...entirely comfortable isn't an option these days!

LD - that is so annoying about the contractions!! Good news about having a good night - you'll need the energy for the next couple of days. So excited about your BA!

Mrs V enjoy seeing your friend and the twinnies! Still on my to do list is - batch cooking for the freezer, big shop for jars/dried foods/frozen stuff I.e anything that can be prepared for eating easily! I still have a load of baby things to wash, go for a haircut, make up some photo books from our trip to oz last year and honeymoon...oh and sort presents and cards for march birthdays! Hence me wanting this baby to be late! Lol!