Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

**~ Weds 3rd Tri ~**

13»

Replies

• I daren't even attempt personals now lol

Back from asda, it was rather *** tbh but J's happy and he got a new wii game so he's playing that. I've done some tidying and sorting washing etc so feel a bit better now, and moaned at H lucky guy lol

Who asked about feeling inside? Was it the front or back? If it was the back it could be a poo you felt lol and unless it was above the cervix you felt I doubt it's a head! I'm still trying to decide whether I can feel my cervix or not!!
  • Counter its a victoria sandwich with jam and buttercream icing. Going to take some round to my friends in a bit (H will think I've eaten loads when he gets home!)

Thanks AR - I don't really do relaxing very well, hence doing so much this morning!

SP - Yes still need to do a bit of batch cooking and fit in a haircut somewhere but trying to leave a few things to start on next week. Hope you are enjoying your time off.

• Mrs V we are soul sisters - I struggle to relax too!! Your cake sounds lush!

• Isis it was me,,, I felt it really high and at the front. There was obviously something between me and this hard thing that was soft but there was defo a big hard thing up my moo moo... I will ask the consultant tomorrow lol

• Sorry to crash ladies, opened 3rd tri instead of 2nd!!!  BUT my SIL was told she was having a girl, same scenrio, all girls clothes, pink nursery the lot and baby boy JACK arrived Love all 11lbs 8oz of him!! Laugh she was just so thrilled that it didn't matter but it was a shock!  she had 3 scans in total and it was 16 years ago but it does happen

• When was it they started telling the sex at scans? My brother is 22 and my mum wasn't given the option. Must have been fairly unreliable to begin with. I bet your sil was soooooo shocked nb! And ouch at 11lb8oz!!!
  • Oh yes - natural delivery too!!! Laugh he was long and thin thank god!! I thnk it was around the time Jack was born that they started to do it to be honest and it was only when you got to later scans.  To be honest when we had we had a private scan done to tell us the sex and the difference between the quality of the NHS and private scans was amazing so you could be right and the quality at that stage was probably hit and miss

• I bet you'll notice a difference at 20weeks this time nb. Ours was clearer and better quality this time compared to p only 2 years ago. I'm praying for long and thin this time!
  • MrsV, what kind of cake did you make? I fancy baking one or more accurately I fancy eating one Laugh

A girl I work with was told she was having a boy, she had a girl...this was about eight years ago

We were told at 20 wk scan it's a boy and struggled to see what she was pointing out, at 28 wk scan she asked if we knew and I said "we've been told it's a boy" ans she immediately said "yes it is" and that she'd been trying to quickly scan over those bits since my son was flashing at us. When she pointed it out it was obvious. At least, I think so, wait to see a wee girl pop out Laugh

• Mr Counter is poorly so he's stayed off work, and he and I have both just been to the quack's (gutted that there's nothing safe I can take for my hyperventilating, I'm knackered from it). I'm currently parked outside the shop because according to him a new boiler requires a Boilercake in celebration. Mrs V had planted the cake seed, I could not say no! Off home to work on my laptop in bed. And eat cake.

• Weekender when we had the rescan at 23 weeks baby boy way very intent on showing us his boy bits! Hope he does again tomorrow.

Counter cake in bed sounds absolutely amazing!! My friend has just left with her 2 little boys and p and I are snuggled under a blanket watching peppa pig. I've relaxed my tv rules a bit recently, I sometimes just need the rest and I also love the snuggle time.
  • Definitely grab the downtime while you can AR!

LD - any sign of baby?

I have only done about an hour of work this avo. So naughty. Been (assisting with) putting up pictures and blinds and hooks and things. I'm beat. I'm due to meet a friend and it's one of those awful instances when you hope they cancel because you feel crap, but you wouldn't cancel otherwise!