Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

**4th Tri w/b 24th Nov**

Morning ladies with babies!!

I haven't done with getting back on here so maybe a weekly thread will help!!

I can't believe Rafferty is now 19 days old! Where does the time go??? He got signed off from the mw at his 10 day appointment except that after that appointment it turns out that he had given an insufficient heel *** test so the mw had to come out to us on day 11 to take more blood. It seems his blood vessels are deeply hidden as there was hardly any blood & they needed to *** him 3 times to get the right amount of blood (so 5 now in total). It was horrible but had to be done.

We had a family day out to London to see the poppies (& finish Isobelle's part in a skin research project she's been doing), it was very tiring & ended up looking a wreck as even though I was able to breast feed in my sling I kept forgettinng to adjust my breast pads & ended up with big leaky patches!! Lovely. My hubby is now back at work so I braved the great outdoors with both of the at the end of last week to see the Christmas lights switch on in our local town. Luckily Rafferty slept through it all so I was able to give Isobelle undivided attention on the rides & watching the fireworks.

Rafferty seems to be getting on really well & after the initial few days (& nights) he seems quite calm & content which is great. Night times are actually far better than I thought. I feed him before I go to sleep (around 11.30ish) then he wakes around 4ish for a feed/poo then sleeps till 7or 8. Obviously we have some nights with more frequent/longer night wakings but on the whole it's manageable. He also gives the cutest smiles, I know they're part of him practising expressions or trying to copy me, but they're fab. Haven't managed to capture it really on camera yet though!! We've had a bit of a problem with a gunky eye but apparently it's probably just a blocked tear duct so I have to remember to managed around his eye & hopefully that'll solve it.

Here are a few pics:

Hope you're all doing well x

Replies

• So Amethyst is too old to even pretend she still counts as 4th tri but I just wanted to say how adorable Rafferty is in those photos!

• Raggerty is adorable Bk! I'll be back on later in the week to uodate x

• Rafferty bloody predictive text! X

• Thanks PS, I got a bit carried away wit the photos, didn't realise they would be so big!! Feel free to post about Amethyst if you want. Love hearing about other babies & seeing pics!

MrsL: Nice predictive text error!! I look forward to reading more about your little halloween baby - I knew you were gonna give birth before me!!! Photos please! x

• Hi BK

Well James is 4 weeks old tomorrow where does time go? I'm still exclusively expressing and topping up with formula, to be honest I'm finding it a bit of a chore so looking forward to stopping at 6 weeks and hopefully things becoming a but easier. My milk doesn't seem consistent at all which is stressing me out and making up 2 bottles and then sterilising etc afterwards is very long winded plus coming home after a couple of hours every time we go out to pump is a pain! I suppose 6 weeks of maiy Breast milk is better than nothing though right? Still doesn't help with the guilty feeling.

Nights are a but hit and miss. James hates being in his Moses basket at night, he's done during the day so has been in bed with us nose nights so we can all sleep now h is back at work. However the past couple of nights james hasn't slept between 10pm-1am when he wakes for his feed and has been very fidgety so I'm feeling tired this week. Please tell me it gets better soon!