Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

**monday 3rd tri**

2»

Replies

• hi guys crashing in to send baby out vibes to flossy..counter and Autumnrose. Its crazy to think I should still be posting on this but instead currently watching homes under the hammer with baby asleep on my chest heheh. L away to childminders so nice a d quiet x
  • AR - good work on the walking and stile climbing etc. Anything else since? Any cramping? Nausea? The other end (sorry!)?

SG - good luck with jab, I was surprised how much it ached after, ggrr. I'm loving your 18 day countdown on work!  :)

LeeLee - can't help with the practicalities of the test I'm afraid, I never had it, but lots of people manage perfectly fine with GD. My sister had to adminster insulin jabs to herself while carrying her twins and it really wasn't a big deal for her. Sounds it at first, but it wasn't. And most people manage theirs through diet anyway. You'll be fine :)

Monnie - really feel for you with the carpal tunnel, is it only 7 weeks? wow. You seem to be catching up?! How soon until nursery is done?

Flossy (I accidentally wrote 'floosy' then and had to change it, lol) baby out vibes for you then! Especially so your brother gets an intro before he goes! Are you shopping for anything in particular?

Wispa - I had such good intentions about my diet too, but honestly, the nausea and heartburn has dictated so much I'm just going with it now (the scales are not my friend ha ha). Hope the car is sorted soon!

AFM - bit of a nothing day yesterday but got loads of work and home admin done. Barely any pre-labour-like pains now so all my excitement has dissipated! Just the waiting game now. Am trying to prepare myself for the thought that we may be looking at induction, but the way I see it... better induction at term (which they may offer me) than hang on with a homebirth in mind and be induced 12 days late. We're on a schedule now that hubby has had his unpaid leave approved!! Laugh

Hope everyone is good. I started this post 2 hours ago but have been in meetings so apols if I have missed a load of folk. Not seen Bertie in a while...

• Counter there I was thinking your silence meant something exciting!!!!

I will be back to catch up with people I've missed in a sec, need tablet to see properly and I can't make myself walk upstairs at the moment! I've loads loads more bloody gross stuff this morning, it just keeps coming. Plus my stomach has been very 'loose' I really hope it's things starting up!
  • Oh AR!!!! I am jealous and happy in equal measure :) Hope it's baby things happening x

• Me too. Trying not to get too hopeful. H keeps emailing me from work asking if he needs to leave bless him! Definitely not that stage yet!
  • ar- you are soooooo about to have a baby!

counter- the only thing we have to do is put up the new lamp shade and its done! i agree with your view on the induction, hopefully it wont come to that xx

• AR, exciting stuff!! Are you shipping P off somewhere if it does all get going? What was that pizza you had the other night, I'm getting myself one of those!

Just picked up a ridiculously massive nursing bra and the last couple of bits for my still unfinished hospital bag. Only got one bra as I figured I'll make do with that and sleep ones and see how it goes for the first week or so. Can always order another online but I'm just not sure about the fit. Walked around lakeside once, just stopping for lunch and will do another lap before I head home! The most I think about it the more I really want my brother to get to meet the baby before he goes away as he's my only sibling and H is an only child so it'll be weird to have everyone else meet her before he does.

Counter - maybe try booking something lovely for this weekend and invoke Sod's law! I'm going to book and manicure and possibly a massage on Friday, and it's our first anniversary on Sunday so I'm holding out hope that could work!

monnie - I'm jealout of your nursery, ours isnt even started yet!

• Well done on the shopping flossy. Definitely do another lap if you can. I hope baby cooperates, it'd be lovely for your brother to meet her.

My mum lives 5mins down the road so she'll probably come here when things get going. I'd rather p slept in her own bed etc. ordinary pepperoni pizza with tonnes of fresh chilli on top, then very spicy chilli Saturday night! Just had the chilli leftovers for lunch too, hope that'll do something!!
  • Flossy - I really hope things start moving along soon for you and that your shopping trip isn't too much and wahey to your H ;-)

wispa - I love carrot cake and why not have some, probably the only time you'll allow yourself to :) Sorry to hear about the gearbox that sounds pricey and just seen its covered by warranty, well that is bloomin good news haha! Ours has a selector problem it gets a bit sticky with trying to put it in 1st sometimes.

AR - thanks re the full bladder thing, I'll drink normally then and pee normally, at the moment it feels like I need to go a lot and not much comes out haha!

Bertie - yep I'm so excited to see baby again, I just hope he is going to be a good boy and the sonographer can check him :) Sounds like you had a great time at your shower, how exciting, did you and baby get spoiled rotten? :) I hope things start progressing soon for you too :)

Vix - thanks I hope so to :) Sorry to hear your sickness has returned that's not good, are you keeping anything down or is it the constant sicky feeling? All exciting stuff about the nursery I bet you can't wait to see little one in there :) I feel sicky most of the time too as I have a horrible constant taste in my mouth.

ABC - hi ya, hope all is well with you and little one?

Counter - poopoo to no further symptoms, I hope things kick off for you soon, at least you are talking about induction, just a shame if you didn't really want to go down that route but keeping the options open and good that H has his leave sorted!  

Blimey there are a few of you lining up, I wonder where the stork will visit first :)

• LeeLee - Luckily it is just nausea at the moment, though last night I was sat up til 1am convinced I was going to be sick! Doesn't help that I have a fear of vomit! Have constantly had the horrible taste in my mouth thing, not helped by the fact I have had a cold that I cannot shift since before getting pregnant, so constantly have gunk running down the back of my throat :(

Trying not to be all down in the dumps though, I have had a relatively easy pregnancy compared to some, just haven't enjoyed pregnancy as much as I thought I might. If you could pick to be pregnant or have baby delivered by the stork I would go for the stork option every time!

Once the nursery is a little more complete I will post pics :) Is just exciting seeing it all come together and can't wait for little one to be in there!

• Ooh I'd picked up a pepporoni pizza for dinner before I'd even read that AR! Great that P can stay where she is, guess that's less upheaval for all of you that way.

Hi ABC! Hope you and the little one are having a nice peaceful day! Seems like ages since you and Weekender were posting in this thread!

Vix - it's a shame the sickness has come back. I've had quite an easy pregnancy too so I feel really bad moaning when I'm fed up...doesn't stop me from moaning to H though!

Got home to find my new changing bag has been delivered, quite excited! It's not as light as the picture shows it but still pretty impractical. I love it though!  www.baby-beau.com/.../coco-taupe-changing-bag

• Bertie - shower sounds fab! Well done your lovely friends!

Monnie - just a lamp shade, great :) it's the little things that are the finishing touches isn't it. It just can't feel 'finished' until then. I had so much fun showing my girlfriends around on Friday, they haven't been round (as a group) since May so a lot had changed.

Vix - I HATE the nausea. The things that help my nausea (still comes and goes) are pastry and bread items, the very things that exacerbate my heartburn lol. I have had days where I have barely eaten anything as can't bear to set something off, and other days where I've eaten non-stop just to bury various ailments ha ha.

Flossy, would be lovely for your brother to meet baby, if not maybe you can do a special preview on Skype so he's still 'first' in a way? And you're right, I should book stuff. I'm really not a pampering kinda gal but I would quite like my nails done, and a massage, and my hair BADLY needs cutting. So I should get those things sorted fo' sho'!

<waves at ABC>

• Flossy, I love that bag!!  Also, Counter has a good point about skype.  I've never seen my nephew who was born last month in person, but I've gotten to FaceTime we them loads and it's nice, if not ideal.  Likewise with my baby neither of my brothers nor my sister will be meeting her until... Maybe October at the earliest if I manage to get to Canada for Thanksgiving.

• Vix - I don't know what is worse, being sick and it going away or constantly feeling icky and not wanting to eat anything. I know what you mean about the being pregnant thing, I was so looking forward to it after over a year of trying and now I've had so many downs rather than ups but the baby kicking has been fun to watch apart from recently when he's been kicking what I can only describe as my back side, ouchie not a pleasant feeling at all. I wish the taste in my mouth would go I've had it since about 12 wks and not one mw can help with it, it's horrid and make me icky I have to chew gum constantly which makes my jaw ache. Hahaha what a whinge bag I am right now haha!

Flossy - nice bag, I bet you've been playing with it :) I have the Pink Lining one and it's already on the pram ready to go haha

Counter and wispa - good call about Skype :)

Bugger - just realised I still haven't booked my antenatal classes I must get that done DUH!

• That's true. He'll be over in India but given I'll be up at all hours once she's here I'm sure even with the time difference we can manage something. So used to having him down the road I never even think about skype or anything!

Just gave the hospital a call where I have my next appointment. I've been reading different things about when you get offered a sweep and something I read said some places won't offer one until you're 40+1. As my appointment is on my due date I wanted to make sure I wouldn't end up having to wait another week. Good news is I'll be offered one, and they'll book another one and my induction there and then. Hopefully it won't get as far as induction but because my hospital is in a different area I'm constantly worried about falling off the system so will be nice to have stuff pencilled in should it be needed!

• Wonder how AR is getting on...!