Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

**Thurs 1st Tri**

Morning ladies!

Hope every one is well today?!

I stood infront of the mirrow again today, pushed all my flab to one side and breathed in and there is definatly a little firm bump! I showed my H who nodded and just said "you seem to have more flab than before, have you been eating extra biscuits"!!!!!

GRRRR!!!!!!!!

He told his mum last night who is very excited but as we suspected his brother in law had noticed I wasnt drinking at the wedding so they suspected! 

Only 1 more week of fibbing!

Replies

• Options

Morning mrs bass!

Have you decided to drive tonight? I had a wedding of one of my besties 3 days after I got my bfp, obviously I knew loads of people at the wedding really well and they know my normal drinking habits, I'm not a p*** head but I do like a few wines and to let me hair down! Obviously I wasn't drinking but was trying to pretend tonic was gin and tonic, there's no way I got away with it, but nobody has said anything and hopefully I'll be able to tell them all soon. Glad your mil was excited!  Only a week until your scan?

Jem if you're reading this then I'm sending all my vibes to you this morning for your appt at the epu.

AFM, I  shattered!!! I feel a bit nauseous but not too bad, tbh I think I feel like this 90% of the time now. I've still not actually been sick and maybe it'll stay that way? 2 weeks today for my scan, I promise I won't count down each day!!!  We've got friends coming over tomorrow evening for dinner, it's been booked since before we got out bfp so I thought about cancelling but I think we're going to tell them. They're close friends and we told them about the mc last time so we probably would again if something went wrong.

• Options

Yeah  Imp I am going to drive! its the easiest option! Im not going to have time for a nap though so im going to try and eat lots of engery foods today (not that I really know what they are!) I tried that trick at my SIL's wedding, i was having small glasses of lemonade with ice and a slice of lemon to make it look like G&T! Problem with tonight is it will be more  a pints night and pints of cider!

Yep one week and well probably just be getting to the hospital! eeek! feel a bit sick at the thought of it!

Enjoy telling your friend tomorrow! it is so nice being able to talk openly to people about it! Hope you've got more energy for the evening too!

• Options

Morning ladies, Mrs B I'm sure you'll still have a good time tonight and driving is the easiest way to try and cover it up!

Hey imp, that's exciting about telling your friends tonight! And not long until your scan (count down all you want, we'll all be the same!) I'm the same, one of my good friends is pg with her 3rd and only probably about 4 weeks ahead of me. She told me the day I told her about the MC (she's a midwife and I wanted to ask her about my bicornate uterus and about trying again so quickly). I'm desperate to tell her but haven't so far! Her scan is on wed next week then my 12 week scan with the nhs is 3weeks later so I'll hopefully be able to tell her our good news just after!

I'm pretty tired too, there doesn't seen to be enough hours for sleep each day! I'm also 8 weeks today so officially cooking a raspberry now :)

HF if your on, I posted for you about the goats on y'days thread.

And Jem you'll be at the hospital so loads of vibes and I'm sure everything will be fine lovey xx

• Options

[waves] I'm back at work now so doing quick posts with the window as mall as it will go.  Thank you for thinking of me.  Baby is ok, looks like the bleeding was just 'one of those things' and where I should be measuring 8+2, I'm measuring 8+6 which is actually closer to my dates so I'm over the moon and so relieved.  I was sat in the waiting room for ages worrying and she started the scan and was teaching a student so she said I can see baby, then showed the student what she was looking at, then said and a good heartbeat! I honestly could have throttled her, was just holing my breath until she said that.

Imp and missdeedee can I join you both on the shattered bench?? I've now had two nights in the last week with next to no sleep and I was struggling on a full night!

mrs b, hope you have a good time tonight

xx

• Options

jem that is brilliant news! So happy for you!!

• Options

Great news jem.  Thrilled for you.  I was starting to get worried about you as we hadn't heard back from you.xx

• Options

Jem so pleased to see your update, I have been checking all morning for news. X

• Options

Hi

Just joined today I'm 12 weeks and 4 days :)

p.s. can't remmeber how to add a ticker any help much obliged!

• Options

Hi Rosy Lee & welcome!

I still haven't added a ticker yet so I can't help, i think Penny added one last week, she might be able to help!

I have just made a revelations regarding my jeans! They were really digging in while I was sat down but Ive undone the button and tucked the flaps inwards. So much more comfy and they aren't falling down or the zip comming down!!

• Options

Was just thinking of doing that with my work trousers!!! *not that I'm on here in work time or anything....*

• Options

Oh me neither! Angel

:-)

Ive felt quite awake all day but im staring to wilt a bit now!!  hopefully some fresh air then lots of loud music will keep me awake!

• Options

I haven't been sleeping that well this week so I'm knackered and husband banished to spare room as he has a cough! Ha ha

• Options

Hi ladies, bit of a late check-in from me and I'm too tired to do personals, although MDD yes, ice just seen yesterdays thread and your midwife friends answer re goats. Thank you!!! My sister confirms all the kidding is finished. The male baby's have gone to another farm (to be raised for meat) but the baby girls are all staying to be future milk producers.  The farm makes posh goats cheese for Waitrose BTW.  

Anyway, I've trekked round the shops this morning looking for cross trainers. Failed miserably. Ended up in my favourite running shop and despite explaining I'm up the duff, doinglots of walking at the mo, and not going to be running anytime soon, they got me on the treadmill and I've bought a pair of really decent trainers. I'm not going to tell H how much they cost. (BTW I am planning to start running again once baby is born as agreed to do London2015 Marathon. I must be insane!)