Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

**wednesday 2nd tri**

I'm starting the thread?! This is unheard of! It must be the lack of curtains in our bedroom meaning I'm up far earlier than I would have been. I didn't get on yesterday, we STILL don't have internet, as our sky order was cancelled because the previous owners didn't cancel their line in time. So on phone until next Tuesday. I have an interview for a volunteering position at a local museum today, not worried, should be straightforward as I'm probably a dream volunteer with my work experience.

Baby is bouncing around a lot these days, which is lovely, and I've got the nursery started. It feels amazing to get stuff done in the house, I'm so thrilled and today we get furniture which means we get the cot! By the end of this week the nursery should be done.

26 weeks today, and it feels like only yesterday I joined the 2nd tri. I can't believe how quickly everything is going now. I'll pop back on throughout the day to say hi and see how everyone is!

Replies

• I think we both starter at the same time then! I'll delete mine.

Good luck today. Boo to no internet but yay to the nursery. Have you much work to do in the house?

I had had a great nights sleep last night. I had a really busy day yesterday so I think I needed it. I've got another busy day ahead today and we're considering going to ikea tonight to look at furniture.

Handed in my matb1 form yesterday, eeeek!

• Morning Wispa, really pleased you are settling into your new home so well, must be lovely to see the nursery coming together too. Good luck with your interview

AFM - busiest week ever (well it feels it!) telling the team at work today about baby which is good news as there is no hiding it. Hoping I don't have a mid afternoon crash in energy today. Going to make sure I get out at lunchtime for a walk and some fresh air.

Will pop on later x

• Missed you Imp - are you getting ikea nursery furniture? I need to go to look for a bed for Molly, she wants a princess bed and they have a canopy style toddler bed. Just cannot face going on a weekend......could be convinced if breakfast was involved I guess Laugh

• Mmmm, breakfast sounds good!

We're planning to get the wardrobe and drawers for the nursery from ikea, I just think the functionality of their furniture is better than anywhere else. Proper nursery furniture seems it will have a short life to me so I'm hoping this will lady much longer.

We'll get a cotbed from elsewhere though I think.

I'll have a look at the princess bed, it sounds cute!

Good luck with work! :)

• Wispa - fab news on getting so much in place for the new house already, how your furniture arrives nice and early so you don't have to wait around. Hope your interview goes well too.

Imp - Sorry you've been so busy but fab news on mat b1...when are you hoping to start your maternity leave? Enjoy ikea!

Nina -glad you can share your new today, must be a big relief...like you say, you just want to shout it from the rooftops :-) we went to ikea a couple of Sundays ago for when it opened, it was mobbed :'( hope you find what M is looking for!

AFM - not a lot to report baby wise other than some lovely stretching pains today...ouch! My new bras arrived yesterday (hotmilk non nursing, just lovely soft cup) and feel so much more glam and comfy today ;-) otherwise today shall mostly consist of taking I to group this morning, and waiting for the insurance surveyor to look at roof this pm (damaged in storms, but not our concern as we're in rented at the mo thankfully!

Hi to all who follow x

• Haha, imp, I even double checked before posting that another hadn't been started, it just seemed so strange to be the first one on!  Yay to the nights sleep, and to ikea.  You're brave to actually go.  Will you buy things there, or order for delivery?  When we went to look for furniture I was so tired by the time we got to the end that I forced Ant to sit down for a drink and a treat from the cafe!  There's not much to be done in the house, but with ikea stuff coming today we need to put together a sofa armchair, ottoman, dining table, dining chairs, chest of drawers, and the cot, so it's a fair amount of stuff!!  House feels a bit empty at the moment!  Oh and our nursery is all ikea, too.  Plain white cot (room is a bit small for a cotbed) and an expedit shelf with drawers and doors.  I'll flash when it's done!

Nina, I hope you get lots and lots of congratulations from colleagues, and even if you do have a mini afternoon crash they'll cut you some slack.  

• Coco, I hope the pains don't last!  And is soft cup really a huge difference? I'm still in my normal bras as my boobs didn't grow, but I'm thinking the underwire might start to get uncomfy when bump is bigger...

• Wispa we'll not buy anything tonight as I want to do a proper layout thing in the room before we buy. So we'll nip back one night next week or the week after to actually buy it. We'll do it ourselves though. Hubs company car is an estate so it's easy peasy to get it home. Apart from that C has to do all the lifting! Lol!

Good luck building the furniture! That's always c's job in this house otherwise we bicker about it!

Coco what are the bras like? I've looked at hot milk online but I'm uncertain about sizing etc.

• Morning everyone.

Wispa- boo to the lack of internet, I know how annoying that is! Yay to getting lots sorted with the nursery though, and good luck for the volunteering role. 26 weeks, not long left in tri 2 for you either!

Imp- yay for a good nights sleep! Have fun choosing furniture at ikea later. Our local one is a bit of a trek do we rarely go, but I do like their stuff.

Nina, enjoy telling the team. Hope you're not too shattered by mid afternoon, a lunchtime walk sounds like a good plan to keep energy levels up.

Coco, yay for new bras. I lived in hot milk last time, sooo much comfiest than most other maternity bras. Sadly this time my boobs have gone even more crazy and hot milk only (!) go up to a HH so too small. Sob. Hope the roof is going to be a quick job and doesn't cause too much hassle glad the landlords get to pay! ( I don't miss being a landlord!)

Afm, I'm sat in the car park at Asda waiting for a contact lens check in 20 mins. Ooh the excitement. Suspect work will be fairly busy again today so probably won't make it back in until tonight. Nothing to report babywise. Hope everyone has a good day.

• its always crazy busy in IKEA and taking Rob there is a nightmare, he gets agitated just walking through the door.  This is bed I am thinking of http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/S59012280/ but will change the bunting to pale pink and and another colour or make proper princess curtains for it which tie around the legs of the bed.  She will love it and I am trying to make it as exciting as possible for her.  Eventually they will have bunk beds so it needs to last about 3 years which is why I need to check out the sizing in person

• Coco - are Hot Milk really good?  the underwiriing in my current M&S bra's is driving me mad by the end of the day and I am already leaking milk so I need comfort and the ability to wear breast pads - total glamour! Laugh

Spikeygoodness - hope the lens check goes ok and work is not too busy

• Morning lovelies, what a great morning already the sun is out and it's blue skies here, really lovely :) Sorry I wasn't around yesterday I doubt anyone missed me haha! Very busy at work with my Director being a lazy sod so I have to do everything and then we went around my folks last night as it was my mum's birthday.

wispa - wow so you have moved house now, I bet you will settle in in no time, how wonderful you are sorting out the nursery, it must make it feel very real now hehe! All the best of luck with the interview today and if you have time later come back and update us? Wow to 26wks! I'll be there on Friday.

imp - nothing beats a great night sleep, very nice. Have fun at Ikea tonight if you do go and report back with your purchases, cos I'm nosy like that ;-) I've still got my mat1b form in my bag, I was gonna hand it to my director when I decided on taking my annual leave and maternity leave.

Nina - a walk sounds lovely today, I hope you have the good weather we have this morning, it sure makes me feel a bit 'brighter' :) Mmm what a cute sounding bed haha, aw just seen the pic, very colourful and I love the look of the bunting, I want that in our nursery and hopefully my Mum can help out with that. Hope you manage to get a good brekkie in

Coco - nothing like a good old fitting bra is there, glad you feel glam wearing it and only you knowing it and smiling to yourself

spikey - hi, hope you don't have to wait too much longer, have a good one :)

AFM - slept not too badly last night, just a major attack of heartburn, lovely isn't it? And took some Ranitidine and it settled me and I woke up about 15mins later than normal today to a bright sky and sun, it's lovely! Still have pelvic discomfort but I'm feeling and seeing our little boy and it makes up for it :) I get a tingling, creepy crawly feeling in my right ear and have done these past few weeks, I hope it's just another silly pregnancy symptom, but it's annoying I want to scratch haha.

Hi to all who follow, have a good day!

• Morning all!

Wispa - good luck with your interview. Boo for no Internet but I'm glad you're settling in well otherwise

Imp - glad you had a good nights sleep. I daren't go to ikea because I don't think I'd be able to resist half the stuff!

Nina - enjoy telling everyone today! A blast of fresh air sounds a good way to clear the cobwebs if you do have an afternoon crash

Coco - have fun bra shopping, hope you get something comfortable. I haven't needed to buy any yet but I reckon it
  • Although a soft cup they're v supportive and give good shape . I'm pleasantly surprised! My boobs ballooned again this time and the underwires were hurting a tad Wispa. I'd say they're pretty true to size Imp, very comfy and a lot nicer than other maternity bras I've had. And better stillI got them from zulily and had a bit of store credit, so I got 2 for £11! I also rate the midnight grace at figleaves stuff,but not quite as supportive.

SG -hope the check goes smoothly and you're not left waiting. Take it easy later.

Nina -I didn't use,last time but so far so good, best I've had, especially if you can find any on offer. Full cups without being too high do lower cut tops

• Bloody phone made me run out of characters!

Spikey - how have you found your contact lenses in pregnancy? I haven't worn mine much but everyone told me my eyes would be dry but the odd times I've worn them they've felt fine

Leelee - glad you had a good sleep apart from the heartburn. It is a very lovely day isn't it!

AFM - I'm enjoying the first of three days off and am currently spending time in bed. Got MW appt on Friday but that's all I have planed for my time off :)

Hi to all
  • Morning!

Wispa, happy 26 weeks! I'm so happy that you're all moved in and getting things sorted. So exciting that your cot arrives today!

Imp, sorry it looks like another busy day for you today but how exciting to ikea! Even if its just to browse, it's still exciting to plan :) Loving that you've handed in your matb1!

NB, good luck to telling your colleagues, I bet they're thrilled. Hope your walk at lunch time helps to wake you up a bit, I know that energy crash feeling well unfortunately.

Coco, ouch to stretching pains! Hope they pass soon. I love getting nice new bras that fit - enjoy! Have a nice time with I at the group, and I hope the insurance guy doesn't make you hang around all afternoon for him to make an appearance.

SG, hope your lens check goes okay. Fingers crossed that work doesn't get as busy as you think it will.

AFM, I'm 22wks today!!

I think baby has started to use my cervix as a stage for her to master the art of tap dancing! Every now and again it feels like someone has jabbed me up there with a knitting needle - ouch!! She was really going for it last night but seems to be having a rest this morning.

Happy hump day ladies, half way through the week already xx

• I'm too slow!

LeeLee, ah that's what I had the night before last, heartburn is a b!atch! Glad you managed to settle it and get back to sleep. Hope your ear is just a random pregnancy thing!

VT, ooo lovely, enjoy your 3 days off! 

• Morning everyone!!

Wispa - BOO to no phone! Good luck with interview. It will be so nice to have a pretty nursery ready to go :)

Imp - great news re good nights sleep! Makes all the difference. When do you get the MATB1 form?

Nina - good luck with telling the team! I try to get out every lunchtime, even just 20 minutes. Fresh air really helps my headaches and it just generally revives me a bit!

Coco - Yea to renting! Haha! Gonna search for these bras at lunch, sound awesome!

Spikey - Good luck for contact lens check! Have you ever considered Laser eye surgery? I got mine done last easter, it was the best thing Ive ever done.

LeeLee - boo to the heartburn but yea for feeling baby :)

Von Trapp - very jealous of the bed time! Enjoy!

Figaro - Yea to 22 weeks! LOL at tap dancing baby. They sound lively, wonder if they will be the same when they enter the real world?!

AFM - sore head but nausea definately easing - although I am scared to scud myself! Busy day ahead, boss has been off sick for 2 weeks and got a line for a third week. Im not even here a year and feeling the pressure as I dont know enough but I dont want to look incapable either. Imagine a duck sitting on water looking all cool and calm whilst legs underneath are going crazy - thats me!

Hi to all who follow!

• Thanks for the tips coco, I might have to wait for a sale to come up again.

SG I think I need mine checking again, it must be time.  I hope it was ok and that work isn't too bad today.

Leelee glad you slept well despite the heartburn.  It's lovely to see the sunshine isn't it?

VT- enjoy your days off.  I'm jealous!

Fig, I hope she moves her tap dancing to somewhere less painful soon.  It sounds ouchie!

Sas glad you feel slightly better, hopefully this is the start of things to come now.

• Afternoon all!

Wispa - good luck for the interview and how exciting that you're finally in! Must make it seem more real doing up the nursey and making the house yours.

Imp - glad you got a good nights sleep. Always helpful. Especially if you do end up going to Ikea haha. That place exhausts me at the best of times.

NB - hope telling work goes well, I bet they will be so pleased and it'll be nice to have it all out in the open.

Coco - oo new bra. I had to buy some at the weekend as mine were faaar too small. 3 cup sizes up but it's sooo much comfier. Are wire-less ones even better? The only ones I saw were the granny ones in M&S

SG - Hope your appointment goes well and you have a nice afternoon back at work!

Leelee - sorry about the indigestion. That sounds horrid. But otherwise you sound really chipper! No idea on the ear thing but I hope it goes - sounds annoying

VT - enjoy your days off! I am desperate for some days off where I don't have to do anything!

Fig - happy 22 weeks! Hope baby moves soon to a more comfortable position.

Sasasi - aw bless you I hope work goes ok and your boss comes back soon. I am sure you're doing fine.

AFM - got some more deathly news about my job and we have a big meeting on Friday. HOWEVER I heard bean's heartbeat this morning at my midwife appointment so compared to that the redundancy pales in comparison. We have also been deemed eligible to get a mortgage so just need to find a house for that price and get a move on so we can sort it before I can get canned! Midwife is lovely too and gave me loads of info on the antenatal classes so need to get on and book those. Scary!

Hi to those that follow