Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

**Weekend 1st Tri**

2»

Replies

• I really don't think he'd want to go pep when the time came. You could go a week/10 days over so he'd vs away when you're having the baby. Kick him up the backside from me!

SG- what times your scan tomo?

Enjoy your roast tatties, we've just decided to go out for a roast.

• Pep, I'd be furious. Under no circumstances would that flight be booked.

SG, enjoy your roasties and parsnips!

CA, I'm starving too, and if I don't eat I feel sick. Embrace it as a good sign!

VT, so exciting that it's your scan day tomorrow! Looking forward to seeing a pic.

Imp, I'm desperate for a bacon butty now...doesn't bode well for my vegetarian status!

AFM, I had a bad night's sleep and feeling a little sicky now. Going to tackle the shops now to see if I can make a start on the Christmas shopping...wish me luck!

• Sorry on my phone so short reply! Yes, hoping when we have had early scan and it all feels more real he will actually think about it properly and realise! He wouldnt go if I hadnt had it yet and risk missing the labour, but doesnt seem to have thought about how old the baby would be etc if it was born and he did go. I'm not sure if he thinks it would be OK to go if someone else stayed with me for example, but I can't think of anything worse? Is that just me? No offence to our families who I love to bits but the last thing I'll need or want (I imagine) is someone else in my home who isn't normally always there. I'm very much a 'own space' person!

• Still on first page... Pep, we told them all last night.  It was something H has been looking forward to since day 1.  He wants to shout it from the rooftops, so I've let him be the one to tell everyone so far :)

• Pep, I would also be massively annoyed.  He might not realise it not, but he will not want to leave.  He's going to be so emotional, that's his baby, and despite the sleeplessness, he's going to want to be there.  You're growing a little person that is going to be relying on BOTH of you equally, even if you're going to be providing food for him/her, he needs to be there as well.

I'm super excited for the scans tomorrow.  You'll be on to post the photos after, right?  I hope you both have wriggly beans with very teeny nuchal measurements!

• All this talk of roast dinners has made me raid the fridge and freezer to concoct a mini roast of chicken breasts, yorkshire puddings, roast potatoes, peas, carrots, broccoli and gravy. I am hungry now but chances are buy the time it is ready I won't want it!

Pep - I would not be impressed with my OH going off when the baby would be so young. My husbands best man went on his stag do when his baby was only 5 weeks old, his wife found it difficult even with lots of friends and family around to help!

Good luck to those with scans tomorrow!