Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

**weekend 3rd tri**

2»

Replies

• AR, hope all is well x

• Hope all is ok AR, and yay for SP sending loads of speedy labour vibes.  Someone was telling me today if I was left to go into labour naturally It wouldn't happen in the next few days cause there is a waining moon?? And apparently woman hold off giving birth during a waining moon? more babies are born on a full moon next one is due 16th of the month so reckon we will be due an influx of babies round then! Can't imagine there is much truth in it?

• Evening ladies. SP went into mat assessment about 3ish, last update was about half 6 and her contractions were about 2-3mins apart so fingers crossed for a speedy labour. I'll update if I hear more but hopefully it will be with SP's BA! (I'm rediculously excited!)

• Oh yessss! We're on for a BA! Thanks MDD. Good luck Sweetpea!!

• Good luck SP

AR- let us know how you get on, I hope everythings ok x

• Just looked at the due date list and realised I'm next, once we have SP's BA (I know your going in on Monday PP, but you know what I mean). It made it feel soo close.

Hence a giddy little dance/wobble around the living room!!!

• Lurking, hope SP is doing well and close to holding her baby now!!

AR, hope it's just discharge x

• Awake at silky o'clock and can't sleep so had to come and check for news from SP, so pleased for her!

AR - hope everything is ok??

PP - how exciting for you. I imagine this weekend must be so surreal. Hope everything goes well on Monday x

BLL - almost your turn! Morning sickness coming back sounds nasty. Hope it's a one off.

Counter - we still haven't don't our album, pregnancy distracted us!

Monnie - we don't see the inlaws that much so I don't feel like I can ask then to clean! My mum on the other hand...!

*waves to weekender*

As it was we had a nice lunch out after a crazy morning of dusting/ tidying. Then in the evening I had a sudden burst of energy so we went to the cinema (12 Years A Slave) to make the most of being able to do what we want without finding a babysitter! Hoping to go out for a bit today to make the most of the nice weather, so I could really do with going back to sleep but can't see it happening :( Hope everyone has nice Sundays!

• Great news isn't it? And so many boys lately! (Hoping it's a trend... ;))

AR - any news on you?

Flossy, I'm trying to do all the things I meant to do after the wedding. We've been so busy since we met, really, that I want baby coming to be the start of a more chilled-out phase (ha ha, most people's lives get more hectic, I must be rare in that I see having Baxter as dropping a gear!) and I want as much as possible done even if it's awful at this stage to have stuff on. We had a handfasting at our wedding and the knotted ribbons have moved from room to room to room as we've decorated and shifted stuff around. 20 minutes at 10.30pm tonight and finally the knot is mounted in the little frame. 20 minutes to do yet it's taken me 8 months, so silly really!

How was the film? I really want to see it but find I can't sit still, if I'm remotely tired I get restless legs and can't concentrate. Is it a long one?

Hope you get out in the nice weather today. I couldn't believe how gorgeous it was yesterday. Although it was agony and I had to stop at a bench every few minutes we went on a little walk yesterday, by the sea. Everyone was friendly and chatty to strangers nearby just because it was so cheery being out in that hazy sunshine. Makes me excited for long jaunts with a pram :)

• It was just over 2 hours, I refused to even consider anything longer (making H wait for Wolf of Wall Street on DVD!). I'm not sure if enjoyed it was the right word given the subject matter, but it was really interesting and I didn't get too fidgety so it must have been good. Some really good performances. I did find that the baby was so wriggly all the way through (probably a combination of the loud noise and sugary popcorn!) so about halfway wished I could pause it and go for a walk, so glad it wasn't any longer!

It must be so lovely living so close to the coast. It'll be really nice in summer when you can go for long walks with baby Baxter!  There's does seem to be a lot of boys being born at the moment, our little girl is going to be surrounded by all these cute boys!

We were together for 9 years before we got married, but the last year has been the busiest that we've ever had. I'm not sure what we did all the time prior to wedding planning/house stuff/baby planning...we must have had so much free time!

• Morning ladies. Fab news to wake up to sp's ba!!! I'm fine, they are 99% sure it's just excess discharge and not waters although tiny tears are hard to detect. They took a swab to rule out infection and I have to call for results. Baby was very wriggly on monitor and it was picking up my bh's. He's very low too which explains all my pressure. Mw and dr were lovely and said it's always better to be checked. I've been really cramps overnight which I guess is from the rummaging.
  • Oh and as I left mw said 'see to in a few weeks to have your baby' which Freaked me out a tad!!
  • Hey

Flossy sounds like you had a lovely day.

Counter glad you got out and about yesterday you feeling better?

Autumnrose what a wee fright you must of had yesterday. When do you get your results?

Afm did very little yesterday and was still in complete agony with my back when I stand. H away out with his step son today for his birthday so unsure what my plan is...have L to entertain might be a trip to grand parents lol x
  • Morning everyone. I hope nobody minds too much but I'm not going to attempt personals as I'm on my phone and we're at 3 pages already so it's a bit unmanageable. Just a quick woop-woop for SP and I'm so glad everything checked out ok last night AR, you must be very relieved.

Not much for me to report babywise, lots of wriggles and sadly some more stretch marks popping out. :-( We're planning a trip to the park this morning then we've a group visit to a Nct friend's house this afternoon. I also really need to get some cleaning done, but as I'm a bit limpy and sore it's getting pushed to the back burner. I can't put it off for the next 12 weeks though, so I'll have to man up at some point!

Hope everyone's having a lovely weekend.

• Morning All,

Flossy -sounds like a great day

Counter- Are you feeling better being in agony every few steps doesn't sound fun?

AR- Glad to see your update and all is well

ABC- Hope your back improves

SG-have a nice afternoon and put the cleaning off for a bit longer ;)

AFM- Thankfully I had a vomit free day yesterday although we didn't do much. Off to the parents later for tea I think- well its saves cooking lol

• BLL - it's not too bad., First run out (I just checked it on Google Pedometer!) I can do about 250m. But once it kicks in I can do about 100m each stint. It doesn't matter Mon-Fri because to car, work car park, desk to loo etc all is manageable, but a little stroll is horrible. My midwife said I could look up some exercises, but I have a big baby mostly in my back and it's very normal, along with a bit of SPD. But, if Baxter comes nice and early, like 37 weeks, I've only a few days left, so I'm trying not to worry. (I am also refusing - at this stage - to consider he/she might be tardy, lol!)

Great news no sickness then BLL, a gentle day was exactly what you needed. And smart move getting your dinner elsewhere! Make the most of it, I say!

AR - all good then, phew :)

ABC - what is the back pain? Where is it? does anything ease it?

SG - can't you rope someone else in to do your cleaning? Laugh