Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

**weekly tri thread w/c 16.03**

Morning all.

Thought I'd start a thread if anyone is still about?

Did you all have a good weekend?

Quiet one here, popped to the shops and treated myself to a couple of bits. New converse and some leggings. Not much else.

Babywise I am on day 4 of not being sick! Woohoo! Hoping this is the start of feeling better!

Replies

• Options

Morning Holey!

Glad to hear you're on the up from sickness!  Fingers crossed it continues!

AFM - Saturday we were out for coffee with MIL and i bought some stuff for my hospital bag...Still very much in denial about needing to get it pack in a couple of weeks, but i'm starting to pile things up next to it.  Sunday was lovely.  W gave us a lie in and then we got up and H made breakfast and I got a lovely card, flowers, chocolates and a new dressing gown from W and Bump for Mothers day.  I also got to go for a 4 hour nap which was awesome!

Got my appointment at the hospital on the 26th to discussing delivery of this baby, which i'm both very excited, and very nervous about.  Need to start writing down my questions for them as i keep thinking of things to ask then don't write it down...then i forget what i was thinking of asking!

6 weeks/ 23 working days left! Woop!  (might actually only be 22 days as i've got a flexi day to take at some point over the next 4 weeks.  REALLY need to try and keep my hours down this month as i dont' want to work up another one!!

• Options

Holey - good news about the no sickness, long may it continue!

RKB - if you're anything like me you'll be four weeks down the line and still no hospital bag packed! How considerate of W to give you a lay in on Mother's Day too, great present :)

AFM saw my sister on Saturday and we all went out for lunch which was lovely. However, I gave S my wallet to play with and when we left. h picked up my bank card and accidentally took it to work today, cue a rather embarrassing moment at the till in primark this morning, grr. I was being totally organised and getting stuff for my hospital bag too! No real baby news, apart from I'm doing loads of exercises to try and get baby into a good position so can be found hanging upside down from my sofa most evenings...just another crazy pregnant lady...

• Options

*sneaks in and waves*

• Options

Woo congrats Luna, fab news xxx

• Options

Hello all!

Holey - yay for no morning sickness, hope that's it now!

RKB - sounds like a lovely weekend and yay for 23 days left. What birth are you hoping for?

Popcorn - loads of good baby position vibes coming your way!

Luna - congratulations!

Afm - will try and get more involved with the Tri thread, we had our scan and results last week, everything is ok so starting to believe baby no 2 will happen now!

It looks like I might have to fight for an elective section as the hospital seem to want to push me towards a vbac, so I need to start building my argument. I'll have 3 growth scans with this one as E was small and will see the consultant after so will have plenty of opportunity to discuss with her.

Hi to anyone that follows.

• Options

Hi mrs p and pc I'm only 4 weeks super early days so trying to keep myself calm and not get too excited, just hoping nothing goes wrong this time xxxx

• Options

Morning everybody.

Holey - I love my converse and leggings, so comfy. Glad the sickness has tailed off.

RKB - Your mothers day sounds lovely. I would love a four hour nap. A new dressing gown was a good present choice.

Popcorn - How annoying that your H had taken your wallet. I need a trip to Primark soon as well to get nighties for my hospital bag.

Luna - Congratulations. Plenty of sticky vibes your way.  

MrsP - Can I ask why you want an elective cesarean instead of a Vbac? I was determined to have a VBAC this time until they told me that it was twins and then that wasn't really a possibility then.

AFM - I'm getting huge and uncomfortable now. I'm constantly tired. After being up for only a couple of hours with D in the morning I'm desperate for a nap. 30 weeks now so only 6 weeks left, if all goes to plan. I too need to get my hospital bag packed. But it just makes it all seem so real doesn't it! H has a week off work starting tomorrow so we are hoping to get a few days out with D and give him all our attention before the twins arrive.

• Options

Hello ladies,

Holey - Fingers crossed this non-sickness sticks around! I know how miserable it is when you feel ill all the time.

RKB - What a lovely Mother's Day - especially the nap! You must be loving checking off the days until mat leave.

Popcorn - The image of you hanging upside down from the sofa made me chuckle - apparently I have a lot to learn still!

Luna - Hello and congratulations!

Mrs Penguin - Great news about the scan, and I hope you get the birth you want.

MS - I can't believe you're 30 weeks already! Scary. Hope you're managing to get some rest, probably not enough with D around but I hope you get as much as you can.

AFM - Sparkly baby learned a new trick yesterday, how to make movements that are visible. Which meant that I paid approximately zero attention to the team brief I was in at the time, I was so distracted by watching my tummy move! The little monkey was up to their usual tricks last night of not performing and trying to make me out to be a liar when I tried to get H to see, but luckily he did manage to just catch one - baby wasn't quick enough at stopping that time!

I handed in my mat leave forms last week and spent a big chunk of Friday going through various other forms and pieces of documentation with my boss, so my countdown is on now too! Including this week, I've got 10 weeks left - but probably no full weeks as I've got loads of annual leave to take before I go. I'm off Thursday & Friday this week as we're at a funeral on Thurs and I thought I might as well take Fri as well. I'm excited but scared about mat leave being so close - it means I will have to start thinking about this baby's exit route out of me!!

• Options

RKB - sounds like a lovely mothers day. Not long until maternity leave then (totally jealous!)

Popcorn - what, no getting trapped at soft play this weekend?! I'm disappointed ;-) I hope you keep the curtains closed when doing your exercises?! Hope you managed a successful second trip to primark?

Luna - hi! Keeping everything crossed for you

Mrs P - we are due close together then! If you're going for a section you might even queue jump me! I'm 14+5 today.

MS - hope you're feeling better soon. What have you got planned for your week off?

ST - hope baby ST keeps up the acrobatics. Sounds like you're getting sorted then! 10 weeks isn't long at all.

Afm - still feeling ok, so I'm optimistic that the sickness is behind me.

Ladies on baby 2 - I've got my 16 week mw appointment on Friday (although I'll only be 15+1). Do you know what I should expect?

• Options

Luna - will keep everything crossed for you x

MS - I had a difficult long labour (plus 15 very uncomfortable overdue days). I can't face going through that again and still potentially ending up with an emcs, and then going home to look after a toddler and newborn. The whole idea of it fills me with dread, whereas the actual section part was a really positive experience for me, plus being an *ahem - slightly older* mum I'd be much happier having no2 before due date (which is likely with elective - so long as growth is ok).

Hope you have a lovely week off with your H!

ST - seeing the movement is amazing! Not surprised you were transfixed, much more exciting than a team briefing!

Holey - fingers crossed for the sickness. Can't help with the 16 week, don't think we have that here. I'm 14+3, need to get on a laptop to update my ticker, so we're really close! X

• Options

Holey - Glad you're still feeling ok! Do mw appointments differ for subsequent pregnancies? Hope it goes well anyway

MrsPenguin - Tummy movements definitely were way more interesting than listening to changes in a process I have no involvement in ever. Fingers are firmly crossed for you to get the birth you're hoping for, that scenario you dread doesn't sound fun at all!

I've had a count up of how many days I've got left to work, after today only 36! Eek! I thought the HG might have been making a reappearance yesterday after spending the entire afternoon feeling decidedly queasy, but a nice early night seems to have helped the situation - phew!

• Options

Mrs P - sounds like you've got a plan, hope they let you stick to it. We can have a race if you like?! :-)

ST - I am only on baby 1 I just thought ladies on baby 2 would be able to tell me what to expect. I realise now that you'd be able to help me too! Must be baby brain already.

Glad to hear the HG isn't making a reappearance. 36 days is very exciting!

Anyone got any plans for the weekend? We are dog sitting my sister's dog, she's lovely. It's nice though because we can go out for a long walk with her.

• Options

Holey - haha that baby brain gets us all in some way! I probably can't help much actually, my 16w appointment I sat there not taking much in because I was thinking "I don't wanna hurl in your face, I think I might hurl in your face, oh no I need to hurl" - mid-HG, says it all really! I think she reviewed my 12w scan notes, checked whether I'd had the flu jab and checked my urine sample. I really can't remember much else!

I've finished work for this week now, we're at a funeral this morning which, in itself, I expect to be thoroughly awful and heart wrenching and I'm going to cry buckets - no black mascara today! Once we get to the pub afterwards to celebrate this lovely man's life I think it will be nice in a way, hope that makes sense. We'll get to see a lot of people from all over the country we haven't seen for ages, and apparently a few of the ladies that H works with are looking forward to seeing my growing bump. No plans for the rest of the weekend yet though, probably more household cleaning and sorting and decluttering to make room for this small human :) Dog sitting sounds fun, what kind of dog is she?

• Options

Hope the funeral isn't too tough ST. I do know what you mean about the bit afterwards though, I hope he gets a good send off.

The dog is a cross, probably spaniel and something else. They got her from a rescue home about 8 years ago. I always say she's exactly the kind of dog I would like. She's intelligent and well trained but likes to chase a ball and have some fussing.

Baby wise I was sick this morning, first time in a week. Hoping it's a one off.