Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

*~* Monday 2nd Tri *~*

Morning all, hope everyone had a nice weekend - remember, next weekend is a long one so only 5 days till Friday!

Had a nice weekend here, a poodle in Babies R Us yesterday, then street party for our neighbour's birthday in the afternoon which was fab - bit chilly but lots of nice food, good company and the children all enjoyed scooter races up and down the road! Normal day today - woohoo! No emails or texts to change my plans, so fingers crossed it stays that way.

M

24+1

Replies

• Morning!

Margot- glad the street party was great and you get to have a normal day. It's always better when things aren't changed last minute!

Thanks to Bg and Margot for your bump comments yesterday, it did help. Got my 25 week midwife appointment first thing, then hoping the sun stays  out!

• Let us know how the appointment goes Bunny, hope the MW can put your mind at rest x

• M - street party sounds fab! Enjoy your normal day today

Bunny - good luck at mw, hope she can reassure you some more

AFM - had a nice day yesterday but was so tired I fell asleep with A in my bed at 8pm when I brought him upstairs to calm down from the tantrum caused by H putting the wrong pj bottoms on him. I should feel better from the long sleep but I was awake for an hour at 4, Gah! Busy day meeting some friends at toddler gym this morning, home for Tesco delivery then out for NCT gang catchup this afternoon.

Gradually feeling better about the prospect of a girl, but H seems to have changed his mind on the girls name HE suggested that I have fallen in love with. Still plenty of time to go, but there just aren't many names I like that work with our surname.

BG 20+3

• morning all

Bunny good luck with the midwife. missed your post yesterday but hope you are ok today :)

Margot street party sounds great :)

BG - hope you get through today ok :)

AFM - had a nice weekend. saturday shopping with mum and gran. yesterday hubs and i boguth all the bits ready to decorate the nursary. we just need to wait for lodgers to move out now the we can crackj on :)

• Morning ladies,

Margot- I love the idea of a street party it sounds lovely

Bunny- good luck with the MW

BG- there's still plenty of time to get used to it being a girl. I'm struggling for girls name ideas too.

Twink- you are very organised having everything bought to do the nursery!

AFM- felt my first definite kicks on Saturday, I was sure I'd been feeling things for a week or so but on Saturday there was no mistaking it. It was lovely to feel and will hopefully make it seem more real as I still don't think it's sunk in properly we're having another baby.

W still has conjunctivitis so no nursery today so just a quiet day in for us

JT 15+4

• Morning all,

Margot - street party sounds like fun. Enjoy your day today :)

bunny - I didn't get on at the weekend but hope you're ok and your midwife appointment goes well today. Let us know how you get on x

BG - enjoy your day today, sounds busy! That's annoying about the girls' name your H picked though, men can be useless when it comes to names, my H won't suggest anything useful and vetoes everything I suggest so we're not getting anywhere grr.

twink - exciting that you're ready to decorate the nursery, what colour are you going for?

AFM - quite a nice relaxing weekend for us, we got most of the upstairs sorted so that we are ready to start on the nursery in the next few weeks. Got some maternity clothes yesterday which was extremely exciting for me as I finally have a little bump!! I also felt a little swoop in my belly on Friday afternoon, like a mini version of that feeling you get when you go down in a lift - is this a baby movement? I hope so eeeek!

• JT missed you! Lovely for you to be feeling movements :)

• popcorn - we've got owl wall paper for one wall (from bnq) and then a pale orange for on wall & pale gree for two walls. :) i cant wait!!

• Morning all

margot - glad the street party went ok, sounds fab.

Bunny - Let us know how you get on. x

BG - work your magic and change his mind back!

Twink - owl paper sounds so cute!  have you got any pics or where you got it from?

JT - yay for the kicks - they are lovely to feel arent they?

PC - yes that is a baby movement !!! now you will be looking out for it all the time.

AFM - i am definitely feeling more and more movement today which i love.  I didnt want to get up this morning as i was in such a comfortable position and i could feel baby, i wanted to stay there and savour it!  I am at work today, booo! but nevermind xxxxx

• Morning all

Margot sounds like a great street party

Bunny good luck with mw

Twink your owl wallpaper is lovely

Jelly lovely baby movements!

Popcorn sounds like baby movements to me :-) lovely!

Afm had a rubbish emotional day at work yesterday and feeling really fed up today and tired. Must be hormones, there will be tears before the days out I'm sure. H is finishing work at 2 so ill have him to moan to!

• Twink that wallpaper is lovely! We are thinking of pale green as well but I don't think we'll have wallpaper. H is rubbish at wallpapering and I've done all of it in our house so far but don't really fancy climbing ladders and hanging it at nearly 30 weeks pregnant (it will take us that long to choose a pattern ha)

PS - I know what you mean about movements. When I felt my little swoop on Friday I stayed dead still for ages hoping to feel it again :)

Duckford - Aw I'm so sorry you're feeling emotional, get your H to give you a big hug x

• You're all making me jealous with your decorating, baby is just going into what is now A's room, he'll move into another room, so I'll get to do him a cool boys room but we're debating whether to move or not at the moment so pointless doing anything now. It'll be a year before A moves room anyway. There's nothing like the excitement of seeing the nursery all coming together, cherish those moments spent staring endlessly into your babies' rooms!

• margot - ooh a street party, that's a bit different!

BG - i can see why you'd have trouble with your surname, must be difficult!  Just think, if you you do move you'll have a whole house to decorate!

twink - roll on the lodgers moving out!!

jelly tots - love that kicking, it's so magic!!

popcorn - hoorah with the maternity clothes, they're so much more comfortable!!  My first movements felt like in involuntary twitch, a bit like the random eyelid ones you get sometimes.

poppyseeds - boo for having to get up for work, i feel your pain!!

Duckford - sorry you're feeling so down love, have an early night! x

AFM - shattered from another terrible nights sleep with rib pain, i really hope this passes soon.

• Just a quick update, midwife appointment went well, I'm measuring perfectly. She said that everyone looks different standing up and the only real way of measuring Is to lie downand measure from the top of the uterus to the top of the pelvic bone. Much happier now. Also got to hear the heartbeat and found out when there's workshops at the hospital about water births as I'm not sure if this is something I would be interested in or not as I don't know enough about it (I steer cLear of any programs involving labour, I can't watch others in pain!) And we are doing the nct antenatal classes, so thought it would be good to find out about it from the actual hospital.