Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

*~* NYE 1st Tri *~*

Thought we ought to have one last thread for 2012, hope everyone is well and those who have been having problems or feeling rough are on the mend.

AFM, not a lot to report as usual! Off to the doctor this evening to get in the system, which I'm looking forward to - I know it won't be very exciting but it makes it more official. Have been sorting our spare room/nursery and have found lots of baby clothes which made me go all mushy for a few minutes, and also found two pairs of maternity trousers which I thought I'd got rid of so am pleased with that. Tummy definitely bigger and more bloated day by day, so it's loose trousers and big jumpers all the way until scan day to try and keep it quiet.

Replies

• Is there room for a newbie on this thread?

We got a BFP a couple of weeks ago, 3 days before we flew to Thailand. It came as a happy surprise so it's taken me a few weeks to believe its true! I think by our calculations I'm 7 + 3.

I've got my booking in appt with the widwife a week on Wednesday and I'm assuming I'll get my scan date then too.  I fortunately didn't start with MS until yesterday so I was ok on holiday, although I was paranoid about what I could eat whilst there! I've had sore boobs and I'm exhausted all the time, but nothing too bad so far.

Nice to hear you found some baby stuff margot, and enjoy making it official, with the doctor anyway!

• Mrs_imp, congratulations and welcome to 1st tri! Glad to hear you are feeling okay so far. Is this baby no. 1?

• Yes, baby number one so it's all new to me. I almost don't feel like its real at the minute!

• Hi Margot, i'm bloating too! I bought a dress for tonight two weeks ago and its too tight around the bust now!  I'm going to have to have another trying on session later with all my bras to see which is the least tight in it!

Roll on 28th Jan when we have our scan!

• That's totally normal, I don't either and this is #3. I think the first scan is when it starts to feel more real for most.

• Pombear, glad it's not just me. I'm really worried that my tummy is going to get me found out at work, so need to find some clever ways to disguise it for another few weeks.

• Oh hello Mrs imp!

• Hello Pombear!

I've had the same problem with my boobs, couldn't fit into two dresses on holiday as they were bursting out, already!

• What are we going to do??  Don't get me wrong, i don't march around the office in super tight clothes, but i wear pencil skirts every day and they're all tight now.  and I know it's not christmas food because I've actually eaten very little due to the constant nausea!  I've still got 4 weeks before i can tell anyone!

• Hello everyone!

Margot - aww about finding the baby clothes, I keep looking at baby stuff on the internet!

Mrs Imp - congrats! It does take a while to sink in.

Pombear - can't we all blame it on xmas?! Surely you are allowed to put on weight this time of year. With the dress dilemma is there anything else you can wear?

AFM - Had my booking in appointment on Friday. Lots of questions to answer but apparently Im a very low risk patient which is good to hear. Got my screening blood were after next which Im not looking forward to.

Tonight we are off to my friends for dinner, she knows which makes it easier however the others going don't! Looking forward to it and have a new dress to wear as well.

Happy new year to everyone!

• Hi all. On my phone so just a quick hello!

Welcome Mrs imp. Congrats!!

Feel your pain on the boobs front, mine don't hurt so much now but are huge! H is fascinated if not a little gutted he cant get too close as they are sensitive!

I'm generally feeling queasy a lot of the time still, some days are better than others. Had a couple pinkish wipes today, but not that uncommon for me so trying not to worry.  Were off to my grans in a bit for nye gathering with the cousins and kiddies.  Not looking forward to going back to work on Wednesday!

• Mrs V - glad the booking in went well and you are low risk.

Porkchop - hope the pink is nothing, have a lovely time tonight. Just remember when you go back to work that you'll be on ML in the summer!

• Margot that was good thinking on your part - I seem to have lost / got rid of my maternity stuff, which is rubbish because I too am bloaty (despite having lost half a stone because of a combination of nausea and gallstone issues!) and have no idea how I'm going to get through the next 2/3 weeks at work without buying some elasticated waists!!

Welcome and congrats Mrs Imp.

Pombear hope you get your outfit sorted for tonight!

porkchop bleurgh for ongoing feeling yuck - hopefully you'll start to feel better soon.

AFM - today would have been our due date from the pregnancy earlier in the year. I feel sad, but being pg again is definitely helping, I think I'd have spent all day bawling otherwise.  We're still umm'ing and ahh'ing about the cvs - I called the hospital today to see if we can speak to the screening coordinator. I just need to get past this point now, we've known and been keeping it a secret for weeks and I just want to get beyond all the scans and tests - I know the worry won't stop, but at least we can move onto the next stage.  I think it's not really helping that I kind of feel symptom free at the moment too. Although I've had horrid gallstone issues and this winter bug so perhaps they're just distracting me!  Sorry folks, I sound all woe is me and I'm not really. Husband has buggered off for the day and I'm at home with poorly 3yo so just doing a brain dump really!

• Margot - hope it went well at gp

PB - oh dear! Hope you sort it out, I havnt a clue what I'm going to wear back to work as I've such a bloat on!

Mrs v have a lovely night

Pc - hope think pink is nothing x

Dinx - sorry your going through it at the mo x

Afm - not much to report. Sickness has generally stayed away apart from bits here and there. Got our scan on the 10th which I'm looking forward to so we can tell everyone

Saw sil last night and she didn't say one word to me and is not going to the in laws party tonight. I can understand a bit as I felt jealous when they were p before the mc but I'm now feeling like I've done something wrong and I'm wrecking her life as she can't come to family occasions etc. I just feel so guilty and awful when I want to feel happy. We've waited so long for this baby as now I can't be happy about it

• Very late to this and I'm sure you're all out partying now?! haha

Margot , hope the Drs went well and your enjoyed making it official! We've been sorting the spare room today too. It's just a dumping ground, could take 7 months just to clear it of junk!

Mrs Imp, congratulations and welcome! Glad you had a fab holiday. We went to Thailand on honeymoon this year and loved it! Would love to go back, but think beach holidays might be off the agenda for.. hmm, well, probably a decade!

Pombear, hope you found something fab to wear. Don't think you can have enough boobage on NYE anyway! I seem to be rocking more belly bloating than boob growth - super attractive!

MrsV, that's great you're low risk. Hopefully you'll have an uneventful pregnancy and birth. Enjoy your dinner tonight!

PC, try not to worry about the pink. Hopefully the queasiness will soon be easing off for you. Enjoy tonight!

Dinx, have a big hug. I hope you can talk to someone soon to help you move on and get the tests you want.

Daffs, glad you're free of sickness at the moment. Don't dwell on your sil and don't feel guilty. Both you and her are entitled to happy healthy pregnancies. Hopefully she's talking to her OH and will soon deal with her feelings enough to reconnect with you. Your pg is probably just a catalyst for her grief but I'd doubt it's personal.

AFM - had a private scan yesterday and it was a great experience. It actually looked like a little baby (not just a blob like 2 weeks ago) - had little arm and leg buds and was moving around! She dated me at 9 weeks, although I know I'm 9+2 as know which day I ovulated... but obviously don't know when implantation happened. I'll wait until after the 12 week scan to adjust my ticker, but think due date is 4th August! Exciting! Otherwise, the sickness has been better, just a couple of days a week at the moment.

Happy new year everyone! Hope you have nice evenings. We're just staying in with Dominos, I'll be impressed if I make it to midnight to be honest.