Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

*~* Thurs 3rd Tri *~*

2»

Replies

• Flossy it's a crazy thought about an actual baby being in there isn't it?! I saw a picture published in the papers a couple of weeks ago and re posted on fb (think it was the daily mail) about a baby born in its sac/in caul and it really helped me visualise the baby in there! I've been ignoring birth stories at the mo as well!

SG poor you joining the bad sleep club. It must be even harder with a LO! Starting mat leave is a blessing in terms of day napping. Hope all goes well at the MW and that you don't continue to be sore.

PP nearly there for you!! You are allowed to queue jump with twinnies! Baby in vibes till Monday! Exciting!

S4 - woo hoo for mat leave!! Well done for making it here! That must feel great!

I went back to bed for a boa and slept for a couple of hours. I used to be terrible at napping so I'm glad I'm developing the skills for when bubs is here! Thanks for all the best wishes - I'll be back later to let you know how I get on!

• Morning All,

Counter- Hope your appraisal and MW goes well

AR- Sorry you're struggling with it all so much, I hop it improves

SP- I'm waiting for that BA!!

ABC- Yay to being full term

Flossy hope the MW goes well

SG- Good luck at your MW appt too

PP- Queue jump ahead, it sounds like there's going to be a few BA's next week.

S4- Congratulations on getting to maternity leave in one piece!

AFM- I had a lovely relaxing day at the Spa. My Mum told the women I was due to give birth in a week, which I think scared her to death that I was going to give birth whilst she was massaging my feet. In the end they were a bit worried about what to do with me, so I had a foot ritual, facial and head massage. I also got my eyebrows and eylashes tinted so I feel ready for next week. It just seems to be going sooooo slow

• Just a quick update, Midwife says urine is completly clear, BP is back to its 110/70 norm, baby is great - and big - but the bloods from hospital show something potentially viral that I need to shift, and I'm to see my GP asap. So that's good news, I just didn't want anything pregnancy-related to be an issue. Not least because I'm shooting for homebirth. My appointment for that is next week, very exciting for me!

Had a fab appraisal, only one tiny improvement point (which was related to the fool I've been having to work with lately!), boss is happy with me transitioning in to the new role, more strategy and review, more working with him on the long term projects, and he's also more than happy for me to work from home all the time if need be, or be off if I'm not well. But he felt the half day in office half day at home thing was a good balance and I can start that whenever I want. I'm so happy about that. He can see I'm committed and not swinging the lead, and he knows I wouldn't suddenly go AWOL and leave stuff hanging, so he's happy with whatever I choose. I feel so much better now!!!  :D

• BLL so glad you had such a lovely time at the spa! I might need to get my eyelashes tinted too. Might save on the need to do makeup in those first few weeks! I hope this next week flies in for you!

Counter lots of good news for you this morning! congratulations on the appraisal! Fantastic! Brill news on the flexible working arrangements and good news at your appointment. I hope you get the birth you are planning!

• counter- good luck with MW xx

AR - your nearly there, so close now, i hope it gets a bit easier

SP- it will be your BA next xx

ABC- congratulations ! xx

Flossy - do you get a lie in when you work from home?

SG- good luck today :-)

PP - congratulations for making it to 37weeks thats an achievment xx

S4 yay last day at work ! take a picture of your costume, i think thats a fabulous costume haha

BLL - im so jeaous of the spa,

AFM- just back from the dentist, i need a crown but they have to wait until baby is here for that, but at least it will be free ! , i finally got my pancakes last night aswell so im really happy now.

and iv got so much annual leave to use before i finish that im only working 4 day weeks now until the end !! woop woop

• I read that as 4 days left at first! 4 day weeks will be amaze! The free dental care thing is fab isn't it? I need a few old fillings replacing but want white ones (not free) however my dentist said he wants me to benefit from being a mum so will be "creative" about how he puts it through. I heart him! Hope the pancakes were good!

• my dentist is quite good with that sort of thing, and i needed a new crown when i got back from honeymoon and it was going to cost loads so he asked if i was planning a fmaily any time soon, and becasue i was he repaired it temporarily until i could get it for free, which is in his notes to do in july !

mine always gives white ones for free?

• Free white fillings? Lucky you! They are £60 each as it's considered private treatment. Only silver ones are free. I can't complain though with free prescriptions and education in Scotland!

Soooo just back from the MW - bishops score was 6, cervix in mid position, soft and 1-2cm dilatation so she could do the sweep. Fingers crossed it works!!!!! AR if it does then your weekend prediction will come true!

• Ooh Sweetpea!! Let's see a BA soon :) x

• eeeekkkk im so excited SP !!!

• I met a friend for a coffee at lunchtime. It was my first 'my goodness, you're huge, you look ready to drop' I had heard. Loved it! I feel totally ready to meet Baxter and to start a new phase of life, a different-shaped family. We're all so excited.

• Thanks ladies!

That's lovely counter - it won't be long!

• This is how March is looking, ladies:

March

4th - *sweetpea* - PP missdeedee

14th - Babylonglegs - PP Counter

22nd - GrowingTheFroglet

24th - PinkPanther (twins)

27th - agentblackcat - PP blackcat

28th - Grif

Are we missing anyone for March?

• S4 will be in there somewhere depending on when her section date is

• Hi girls just nipping on...back been in agony all day. Took all your advice and made an appt to see midwife tomo ...dont think there is anything she can do but at least she can confirm thats its due to babies position lol x x sweetpea hope to see your BA soon x
  • Good idea! I think pain is easier to bear when we know *why* it's there. Never nice to be worrying.

• Hope you ladies don't mind me crashing in, was flicking through posts.

Sweetpea, I'm in Scotland and got my white filling for free when I was pregnant. My dentist said they could do them for free in pregnancy. ( I appreciate it's probably not a big priority for you at the moment but I thought I'd mention it!)