Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

*~* Thursday 2nd Tri *~*

Morning all, hope everyone is doing okay this morning.

Not a lot planned here today, need to get some housework done but that's about it for the day. Joshua is at another after school club today so I don't need to pick him up until 4.15, so plenty of time to alternate each job with a rest! Consultant appointment tomorrow, then a fairly quiet weekend ahead, especially as H is on about a night's fishing at some point.

Feeling more wriggles from baby which is nice, can't wait for them to become more regular and easier to notice!

M

15+4

Replies

• Options

Morning morning!

So last night i realised that yesterday i should have left you lovely ladies and gone to 3rd tri (SCARY!!)

So i wanted to bob in this morning and just say thanks for all your chat and support...Ill see some of you real soon...

Best wishes....xxx

• Options

Have fun in the big girls' club Bexy, on the home strait now!

• Options

Morning all

Margot - Hope you get the housework done quickly so you can take it easy for the rest of the day.

Bexy - eeeek! 3rd tri! Good luck and see you over there shortly!

Afm - was due to start 4 day week this week and have tomorrow off but looks like its not going to happen as have so much to get through and may have to go to court (to represent client not anything more sinister!!) Grrrrrrr, so frustrating, had so many lovely plans for my day off. Am hoping that this will not be a regular occurrence. Need to start winding down...

• Options

Hi all!

Margot - yay for a relaxing day and baby wriggles!

Bexy - bye bye!!

Ferbs - you need to be tough with yourself and take the day, excuse me for being blunt but the working world wont stop without you! and if you really cant take tomorrow then take Monday!

AFM - pram and all that arrived yesterday, going to collect it from my gran's tonight.  Really need to get some new tops, all mine are now stretched to the point of constantly riding up, I must have pulled it down 50 times on my walk home yesterday.  Still no movement which I know I shouldnt be worrying about yet, but I really want to get the scan out the way next week to see all is ok.

• Options

Sorry to crash, not sure if i've missed you or not Bexy (i'll post this on the 3rd tri too) - Little Lamb are looking for testers for their new nappy - go to their facebook page and all you pay is postage!

• Options

Thanks RKb..im on it!!!

• Options

Morning ladies, sorry to have missed most of this week. I'm exhausted and work is gruelling! see my other post! Not much baby news other than SPD+constant wee+bowling ball bump making it impossible to sleep. I start my hypnobirthing classes with H on the weekend for the next 4 weekends, and going to an NCT sale as well on saturday, so looking forward to that. When do I join 3rd tri anyway?

Margot your relaxed weekend sounds lush! hope the movements become more pronounced and the appointment goes well tomorrow :)

Ferbs that is annoying, look after yourself, start winding down soon!

PC not long to go! really hope scan is fab! are you finding out the sex?

• Options

GB - nope not finding out the sex, we want a surprise. My sister isnt happy about it, keeps moaning about us having a beige baby!

• Options

tell her to wind her neck in, healthy baby is what's most important not what sex it is :) looking forward to the surprise :)

• Options

morning all, struggling to get on to post much cos work seems to have gone crazy!

margot - yay to a quiet weekend and take it easy with the housework!

bexy - see you next week! not long to go now!

Ferbs - definitely time to start winding down, im jealous of your 4 day weeks!

PC - how exciting getting your pram etc!  don't worry about movements, I didn't really feel any till 21 weeks, I'm sure you'll see your little one wriggling around like crazy next week! and I think it's nice not to find out the sex - I would have had a surprise but I could see (or rather not see) on the 20 week scan when they checked that area!

GB - I'm with you on the whole shattered front, I thought we were meant to get our second wind now!  NCT sale sounds good, hopefully lots of bargains!

AFM - struggling with the tiredness, I keeps getting up at 4:30 am and H is on lates at the moment so he isn't getting in till gone 1am, so neither of us are getting much sleep!  I work till 5 and all I want to do is go to bed when I get in but I can't!  got my parents coming to stay on saturday, so probably quite a hectic one for us, trying to drop hints about them helping us out with bits for bump but it seems to be falling on deaf ears!  Hadn't realised converting our pram to a double was going to cost so much!

Hi to all who follow! x

• Options

Morning Margot, sounds like a relaxing day. It’s nice to have a quiet one sometimes… if it was me I probably wouldn’t do any housework at all!

Good luck on 3rd tri Bexy!!

Ferbs, that’s really annoying, especially as you had plans. Good news is that you can have a 3-day week another week though!

PC, how about getting bump bands so you can carry on wearing your normal tops? I got a 2-pack from H&M (about £8 I think) and have found them useful. How rude of your sister… your baby is pink or blue, just don’t know yet! Ignore her catty comments.

GB, that’s really exciting about hypnobirthing classes! Maybe they’ll help you get through work too! Report back on the NCT sale – we’re going to one in mid-March and not sure what to expect.

MrsHMS, hope you get some rest soon!

AFM – exciting day yesterday as felt the baby move for the first time!!! I was in a quiet training session and about an hour in I felt it clear as day! Felt like popcorn popping or bubbles. Wasn’t expecting to feel it this early so was such a lovely surprise! 5 days until scan day…

• Options

Aww I've made my sister sound like a cow, she's not really, she only said it in jest, she's lovely really!

mrsH - im worried about seeing it on the screen when I dont want to!

PW - not sure about bump bands, I dont think they'll go with the sort of tops I've got. Am mainly wearing dresses but need tops for work so I think I'm just going to get a couple 3 packs from New Look of vests.

• Options

Good morning ladies

Margot lots of rest for you today then. Hope cons appointment goes well

Bexy best of luck on 3rd tri, look forward to your ba

Ferbs: hope that's not a regular thing either so you get to chill out

PC get yourself online for some new tops....sure you will feel baby soon

Gb sorry your not sleeping

Mrshm another one that needs sleep

PW lovely to feel baby move I'm sure

Afm I've continued to be sick, I have a couple of days of nothing then a day of struggling even to keep fluids down

• Options

Morning girlies,

Hi Margot, hope all goes well tomorrow.

Bye Bye Bexy, see you soon.

Ferbs, Bad luck about work, still will soon be four day weeks for easter.

Porkchop i wouldnt worry about no movement yet, I hadnt had any by the time i had my 20 weeks scan with my 1st either.

GB- id love to tell you it will get better, it doesnt im afraid, unitl after the birth.

MRSHMS- i feel for you about the tiredness, im struggling to for different reasons.

PW, Yay on the movemement!

Duckford- Are you on any meds for the sickness?

AFM, not much to report here. didnt sleep well yesterday, so so tired today. Had/have awful heartburn, my hips are aching and i cant sleep through without getting up for a wee.

For anybody that needs it, new look havve some of there mat jeans on 25% off, picked up a pair of skinnies for 18 quid and a burgandy pair in the sale yesterday for only £6. Bargain. xx

• Options

mrsClarke, I'm exactly the same you're not on your own! wow on the bargains, fab!

• Options

Afternoon ladies!

This week seems to have passed me by in a bit of a blur. Crapness going on in the day job and busy with the photography. Really looking forward to a relatively quiet weekend.

Went to physio yesterday as really suffering with SPD already, boo hiss!!  Am ordering a support belt and she's left me with an open appointment in case I need to go back for crutches...!!

Just wanna get to next Friday and our 20 week scan now!

dinx (19+0)

• Options

Hi ladies,

Margot - I hope you managed to get your house work done and could chill out for the rest of the day

BB - Good luck in 3rd tri!

Ferbs - I hope you do manage to get your 4 day week sorted!

PC - That's exciting about the pram, I think we're going to order ours at the weekend.

GB - Hope your starting to feel better soon and enjoy hypnobirthing! Yes let us know about the NCT sale, I have one near me at the end of April that I was going to go to.

Mrs HMS - Are you a forces wife by any chance? (going by the name) I am too if thats the case :-) Hope the tiredness sorts its self out and you start feeling more energetic soon!

PW - Thats so exciting! I'm still early days but feel it move most days now, sometimes it tickles and I can't help laughing to myself!

Duckford - Hope your feeling better soon, is it a bug or still morning sickness?

Mrc Clarke - Hope you have a better night sleep tonight. Well done on grabbing the bargains, I did a New look shopping spree the other week for the first of my maternity clothes. They're not bad for the price.

Dinx - Hope you do manage to have a quiet weekend!

AFM - We had our 20 week scan today! it was amazing! Got loads of pics and saw the baby really clearly! They did all the measurements and the torso circumference was off the scale! Everything else is normal, they don't seem concerned and actually found it quite funny but I'm worried now. They said its not fat and doesn't have a big fat layer, it just seems to be wide. They said either my dates are wrong and it will be earlier than they think or it will be a 9 pounder! I'm only small so the thought of this terrifies me! Fingers crossed its just had a growth spurt and it will slow down! he he!

• Options

Really pleased all was well with your scan twinkletoes, and lots more scans coming up in the next week or so too!

Haven't managed to get that much done today, H's company are being really difficult over childcare vouchers so I've spent a fair bit of time trying to find info to help him argue with them - with HR at head office now so we'll see what they say. Have managed to hoover downstairs though, and need to go and sort some washing now and sort dinner too.

• Options

Hello ladies -Sorry I've been so terrible as of late.  Work has been a bit mental and I'm not sure its going to stop now until I go on mat leave (and probs not even then).

Glad you all seem to generally be doing ok and good luck to those gone to 3rd tri!

Twinkle - happy scan went well!

PW - I cant remember are you finding out the sex in 5 days? Im so jealous! I'm going to phone the local place and see if they will do it any cheaper to try to convince H!

• Options

daffs - youve only got like 2 weeks to go!  I cant believe you cant just wait a little bit longer!