Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

*~* Weds 3rd tri *~*

2»

Replies

• Trifile, thats awful !!!

im so sorry they let you down like that.

all i would say is where possible eat brown/wholemeal carbs.

avoid sugary drinks and only drink diet or zero drinks

try to limit sugary snacks and sweets, cakes biscuits etc.

unsweetend porridge is good in the morning as sometimes sugars can be higher in the morning that the rest of the day.

are they inducing you early at 38 weeks now ?

• My sugars are high in the morning! But we do eat quite late id say too. Thanks for the tips, nice to hear that you've managed it well with diet too. I did actually have porridge this morning but not quite as nice without lashings of honey!!!

I have had growth scans at 30 and 34 weeks due to raised bmi so that's ok. I will get induced at 41 weeks apparently if diet controlled, 39-40 if tablet and I won't be insulin controlled at this stage. How about you?
  • i am being induced at 38 weeks as i have ahigh bmi and GD , its normal practise here, where abouts are you ?

i also find the porridge pots that are good for work etc, that you just add water too. even the plain one is high in sugar, the best porridge is a plain oat porridge you can make yourself at home x

• I'm in south London/ surrey. It's amazing how much different hospitals vary in policy about induction, I will ask again next tues as slightly freaking myself out when read about risks to baby. This is my second pregnancy and think you get far less mw care second time around!
  • have the growth scans come back alright ?

• Yeah spot on target mostly 50th centile and average weight
  • thats good then hun, with such a short time left im sure you will be alright! but always call them if you are unsure!

and im always here if you want to ask any questions :-)

• Hi Trifle, welcome to the thread! How're you finding mat leave?

Counter - glad you went to the consultant. So they want you in hospital because they're worried about the size, but they're not willing to induce early?  Are you far from the hospital if you do need to be transferred? You've been so set on a home birth I can't help but think you should stick to it for now, and reasses at your due date (when I think you're seeing the consultant again?). It does sound a bit like they're covering their back but if you're happy and the midwife is too at the moment I'd try and hold out until at least the next scan. Who knows, maybe the sweep will push things along anyway!

Wispa - I've been watching the Good Wife, completely obsessed but just finished the last Netflix episode today. Need to try and find somewhere to watch the ones that have been on More4 recently.

Monnie - sounds like it's been a tough pregnancy for you. I guess knowing that you'll be induced at 38 weeks might make it a bit easier though, there's an end in sight! Are you still working?

I just fell asleep on the sofa for an hour...took me 15 minutes to stand up when I woke up as every part of me ached so much!

• yeh still working, i finish on april 25th so im counting down the days now, although im only doing 4 day weeks now anyway !

• Hi Trifle!

Wispa, I don't really know myself but the midwife can tell when checking baby's position. I do get pikes from all four Limbs a lot though so maybe that helps you know?

• Evening, I doubt anyone will be around now oh well, my fault I been gassing on FB :D

Counter I'm so sorry to hear how uncooperative your appt was but good for you at sticking to your guns, I'm with Monnie though that shoulder thing sounds horrendous and something I fear too. Sorry to read about your horrible colleague too I hope things calm down soon and baby comes sooooon :)

AR and Flossy baby out vibes for you too. :)

God this is hard trying to do this on a phone I can't remember who's posted, I'm so sorry!!

• SG & Bertie - well done both on good nights sleep, I certainly need it :)

Wispa - how awful having to go through all the immigration palaver I hope you manage to get it all sorted and I love your surname. :)

Trifle - welcome, I was diagnosed with having GD this week and the advice Monnie has said is great she's helped me out no end :) just shout if you have any questions :)

AFM - so happy at our scan yesterday he is measuring normal after all the scares we had before saying he's growing big, he's got a current approx weight of 3lbs which is average again woohoo! So much was said at the appt's yesterday that my mind is all over the place. He's breech but we aren't too worried about that yet as we have some time ahead of us. :) Our next scan is booked for 11th April, not long at all :)

Some bad news for us, my H was told he'll be out of his job next Fri, it's a temp contract that could have gone to permanent, we are gutted. I hope he finds something soon :)

• Flossy, you're totally right, we stick with things for now and review as we go, but it's too soon to panic! :)

LeeLee - really sorry to hear about hubby's job. That's $hite news. Really hope something crops up quickly for you.

• LL, Holly jolly was estimated at 3 lbs also Saturday when I was 29+3, sounds just a bout right to me!  I reckon you have nothing to be really worried about.  Also even if baby remains breech and you need a section it's not the end of the world.  Happened to my sister last month and she was so scared about it, but said it was far and away a better experience than her first labour, and hers wasn't traumatic or anything.

Bertie, I do wonder how they can tell when they feel around like that.  When I prod my belly it just feels firm all over with no definitive "oh, that's baby!"