Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

*~* Weekend 2nd Tri *~*

Morning all, hope everyone is well today. Sun is shining here which is making everything seem a whole lot more cheerful!

All well with me, not sure what we've got planned for today, tomorrow we're doing an easter egg hunt with Joshua's school which sounds like fun. H still undecided about finding out the sex, so will try to have a discussion on that one evening this week. Halfway tomorrow - eek!

M

19+6

Replies

• I can't believe you're almost 20 weeks already. It seems to be flying by.

There's bits of snow falling here, very light and not enough to settle but it made me laugh as H has just gone karting for the morning. I have a day at home with A today, need to get a load of housework done and finish A's

CBeebies birthday card. Tonight we have friends and their 5mo over for takeaway and games. She's a mw and I'm tempted to ask her if she has any equipment to listen to the heartbeat to bring it. Tomorrow I'm hoping the weather will be ok to do an Easter egg hunt in the garden, then popping into MIL's on way to my mums for lunch.

I had a dream last night that Inhad the baby (at term), it was a totally painless water birth and it was a boy. I'm hoping it's more of a premonition than a dream! I woke up convinced it's a boy.

BG 16+1

• Margot - hope you have a nice day whatever you end up doing!

BG - Oooh yeah has she got a doppler?  Have a nice say and evening.

AFM - little bean was quite active last night so that was good, think he/she is hidden behind my stupid placenta alot of the time.  Not much going on here today I am slobbing out with catch up tv while H is at work.  Tonight were off to a surprise engagement party for a friend, cant wait to see her face!

• Morning everyone

Margot - hope you manage to convince your H to find out the sex

BG - hope you have a lovely weekend, have you decided if you're going to find out the sex this time?

Porkchop - have fun at the party tonight

AFM, its my birthday night out tonight. Got dinner booked at a lovely Italian then onto a vodka / cocktail bar. Can't say I'm too excited about it, I'm a miserable sober person when everyone else is drunk lol. It's freezing too and my dress looks better with bare legs so I'll just have to be cold!

• PC - I'm not sure what she has as at home at the moment as she's on mat leave. She had a little wooden thing that looked like it was from a museum before that worked well (although you put your ear to it, so everyone but me can hear it)

Ally - I hope your low expectations for the night mean you're surprised with a super night! Yes, we'll be finding out. I wish I had the patience to wait but I don't. Plus I have a preference so think it's probably best I know. H is adamant he's going to find out too, so just hope baby is willing to share!

• Afternoon! Margot, Easter Egg hunt sounds like brilliant fun! Hope you get to find out the sex. I really don't know how anyone has the patience to wait!

BG, how handy having a MW friend! Enjoy your Easter Egg hunt too.

PC, have a nice lazy day and enjoy the party

Ally, enjoy your bday night out! If you have low expectations maybe It'll be a good'un?

AFM - me and H were both grumpy yesterday so trying hard to enjoy the sunshine today. I think I was just v tired, been having more naps. Maybe baby is having a growth spurt. Been at pregnancy yoga this morning and we focussed on relaxation which was much needed! Think we'll go for a walk and a coffee somewhere this afternoon.

• BG, hope you got to hear the HB yesterday.

PC, how was the engagement party?

Ally, hope the birthday night out was fun, I've got one of those sober whilst everyone is drunk nights next weekend and I'm not looking forward to it!

PW, hope you had a nice day, yoga sounds lovely.

Had a good day yesterday, got lots done and the sun is shining today so should be cold but bright for the easter egg hunt. I'm going to make easter chocolate nests with the boys this morning, and then tomorrow I'm going shopping with my mum who needs a dress for a wedding next weekend. Halfway today!

M

20+0

• Morning ladies,

Missed yesterday as I was working. Tired today....needed to keep that stolen hour really. H is working today, so off to church with H's nan for Easter service shortly, then visiting my grandad as its his birthday.

Baby wise haven't really felt any of the little flutters for a couple of days....wonder if its because I've been so busy. Worrying me a little as I've felt them for nearly 3 weeks now and now nothing. Scan on Friday, I just want it over with now and know if everything's ok or not

• Duckford, I wouldn't worry too much about the movements - I still miss them quite a bit when I'm busy. Remember baby is still quite small and movements can be dependent on where baby is in the uterus. Good luck for your scan x

• Happy Easter ladies!

Margot hurrah for the halfway mark - are you in favour of finding out the sex?

Bridget - ooooh what a lovely dream / premonition! :)

Porkchop - is the engagement a surprise, or the party? Love a surprise party!!

Ally happy birthday for yesterday (although boo for a night out sober!)

PW hope you had a nice relaxing afternoon yesterday?

Duckford - I hear ya on wanting to keep that lost hour! I'm 23+3 today and still have very quiet times so would't worry too much - I don't think they ask you to monitor movement until after 28 weeks?

AFM - had been feeling sick/dizzy/headachey for 2-3 weeks so went to docs in the week and have a urine infection (even though no probs with weeing etc). On antibiotics and feeling much better already.

Having a lovely weekend, have been cockling on Good Friday, to the beach yesterday, dinner cooked for us by my cousin, and easter egg hunt today. Am soooo tired at the moment though!

Can't believe I'm 23+3 - almost hit that 24 week milestone :)

• Dinx, that sounds like a lovely weekend and yay for nearly 24 weeks! I want to find out the sex, H is unsure so hoping I can persuade him.

• Happy halfway day M! Hope the boys enjoy the easter egg hunt.

PW - hope you both had a lovely non-grumpy day yesterday.

AFM - had a top night with our best friends last night, played monopoly for the first time in about 20 years. This morning I've already done two egg hunts with Alex, one in our garden, now we're round MIL's and I re-hid the same eggs in her garden. Bless Alex, he hasn't realised they're made of chocolate yet. I imagine I won't get away with it so easily next year! Off to mum's for lunch in a little while where we'll be hiding the same eggs again for A and my neice.

I chickened out of friend trying to find hb, the only thing she had is meant for third tri, I didn't want her to not be able to find it and me worry, I have mw on Tues so hopefully will get to hear it there. Not really felt baby for a couple of days now, which I know I shouldn't worry as it's probably just moved position but it's hard not to, isn't it.

• Weird, I must have not refreshed the page before replying, missed a few of you!

Duckford - roll on Friday! See my above post, I've had the same re lack of movements, hopefully we can reassure each other!

Dinx - glad you're feeling better, antibiotics must be doing the job. Maybe baby is having a growth spurt, could explain your tiredness.

• Happy Easter everyone!

Margot - half way, woohoo! Chocolate nests sound yummmy!

Duckford, know what you mean with the feelings. Sometimes I feel them loads one day and nothing the next. It always worries me too. I don't think they should be regular and predictable until about 28 weeks though so wouldn't worry too much. Maybe try a cold drink or something sugary to wake him/her up.

Dinx, glad you're starting to feel better. At least there's a reason for feeling so rubbishy. Sounds lovely living by the beach. We're nowhere near a beach and I really want to have a trip to the sea before baby arrives. Would be a few hours drive though so not sure if it'll happen.

BG, hahaha love the reusing of the eggs! Smart!

AFM - Had a good day yesterday - we totally cleared out the spare room and took apart the double bed in there. Now back on track with the nursery and feeling achieved!! Going to my parents today for a meal with all the family. Had a nightmare getting Easter eggs this week - seems all sold out around here! H got me some Lindt balls and I got him some Creme Egg cupcakes!