Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

☆☆☆ Easter weekend 3rd tri ☆☆☆

Hi everyone

How is everyone doing? I am feeling a bit sorry for myself today. Had an awful nighr's sleep. Went to bed at 9 and fell asleep easily enough but woke up at 12.30 with indigestion so took some Gaviscon. Then woke at 2.30 to pee and have been awake on and off since then either really thirsty, with sore hips, sore pelvis or more heartburn. Spending today at the inlaws which i could really do without. H just bought me tea in bed bless him so sitting here crying into that! I do try not to do woe is me posts but i havent had an uninterrupted night's sleep in about a year now and i feel totally sleep deprived today. Time to pull myself together i guess and get my sorry butt out of bed and get ready to go. Maybe some early Easter egg chocolate will make it all better!!

Sorry for the moan and hope you all have a good Easter! Xx

Replies

• MM sorry to hear your are a bit down. I really hope the Gaviscon and TLC from your man helps xxx I'm in the same boat really. Feeling pants. Been to hospital 3 times this week. Once for yet more bleeding and now they think I may/may it have a loos clot in my leg. Because of the Easter holiday their ultra sound is only open for medical emergencies so I'm on daily blood thining injections in to my tummy, which isn't pleasant when your heavily pregnant. An so pee'd off. I was just starting to enjoy pregnancy after the sickness subsided now have all this to contend with. I doubt we will have anymore kids and really wanted to enjoy some of my last pregnancy, if only for a bit of nostalgia in years to come. I'm really just seeing it as a means to an end at the moment which isn't very nice xxx

On the flip side....how the hell am I in the 3rd tri already???

Lots of love to the ladies that follow xx

• Morning!

Sounds like you had a bad night MM, can you rest later?

I'm in a bad way, pelvis properly gave way yesterday and I couldn't walk. H and his mate helped me to the car and I have been in bed since. OOH Dr has told me I must stay in bed with a heat source on my pelvis and also have warm baths and paracetamol. I'm not allowed Codeine as it can make baby very sleepy for labour and slow both of our heart rates. I'm in agony even after having spent since yesterday afternoon in bed. A&E wouldn't be able to do anything and would just refer me to physio apparently (according to the OOH Dr) so I'm borrowing crutches off a friend and hoping that they can help me at least make it to the sofa.

Thankfully H is taking N out for the day as I also seem to have lost all patience for H who is being a kn*b. And I have terrible mummy guilt as N is getting no mummy attention.

I'm 37+6 today so am fully cooked. I just want this baby OUT now Cry

Sorry to moan!

Congrats again to Notts Lass, that means VE is next and then me!! xx

• Missed you there Munchkin, that sounds awful. Totally not what you need. Are you doing the injections yourself?

We're a jolly happy 3rd tri today aren't we! xx

• We arent doing very well are we?!

Sorry to hear you have been in hospital Munchkin. What a nightmare! Hopefully you will have some answers next week?

Ah Hep you poor thing. I cant imagine how much pain you must be in. My H is getting on my t1ts too. The cup of tea in bed is where it ended! Went to have a bath and he has washed his paintbrushes used for gloss in the bloody bath! There is paint on the tiles, G's flannel and sponge, my flannel and white spirit in the bath. I asked him not to do it again as its dangerous me or G sitting in a bath with white spirit in it and he just sighed at me as if to say stop moaning and talked over what i was saying. Then i cried obviously and we are hardly speaking. I dont think i was being unreasonable??  Gonna be a fun day at the outlaws....!

• MM - have a hug - sounds like you are having a rough day.  H's can just be a bit unthinking sometimes - hope you manage to sort it out and enjoy your day.

Munchkin - so sorry to hear you have been in hospital.  The injections sound horrid.  Sending you a hug too.

Hep - ouch!! So sorry to hear you are feeling so awful.  I hope that the rest and warm baths helps.  A hug is heading your way aswell.

AFM - I am not feeling too bad.  I have the girls and their kids coming over soon for lunch and gossip.  Have prepped the food and hidden the eggs for the Easter Egg Hunt - should be fun!!

Sending healing vibes to you all

AL x

• Hi everyone.  Do t think anyway was around after I posted yesterday so I'm going to copy yesterday's post!  Dashing out in a mo as we're taking the kids to legoland for the afternoon.  I'll try to catch up later x

Hi everyone.  I;ve been a bit AWOL this week, sorry.

I'm afraid I am just too tired for personals today.  A came into my room at 2.30am having puked EVERYWHERE - seriously it was all over his face, in his eyes, everything.  I spent the next 2 hours sorting him out and cleaning up all the mess.  My room is on the floor below his so there was a trail of sick all over the house, walls etc, ugh.  H had gone out with work, got home at 1am and gone to the spare room (next to the bathroom where I was washing A) and was oblivious to the whole thing.  A then wanted in bed with me so I got no sleep whatsoever.  It's safe to say H is the dog house - I am furious at him.  Not so much that he didn't get up to help me but that he was so irresponsible and got so drunk when he has 2 kids and a heavily pregnant wife at home who had been in hospital the night before........

and so onto the other drama this week.  I have mentioned before my concern at the BH's I have been getting in this pregnancy.  On Weds  they were all day and pretty strong - I was out with a friend in the afternoon and she knew when I was having them as I was pulling faces.  By about 7pm I thought I best ring up and ended up going to the hospital to be assessed.  With A these started at 36 weeks and I dismissed them as 'just' BH"s, was admitted at 36+4, given 2 shots of steroids and delivered him at 37+1 so given this is

no 3 I am worried about being pre term again.  Anyway, they did a trace and could see the tightenings showing up about every 5 mins.  They also took a swab that they could test for some sort of hormone which came back negative.  Finally they did an examination which was hideous!  They stuck the most GIGANTIC plastic thing up me (with no lube because it invalidates the swab!) so that they could get right up to my cervix and dear god did it hurt!  Anyway, long story short I was sent home and told to keep an eye on them  Saw my mw the next day and she found some protein in my wee which is being sent off for further testing as she sad I really need to be careful not to get a UTI as that can kick things off as well.  Sigh, it never just rains does it.

Otherwise all fine!  See my consultant on Tuesday am so hoping to get my CS date booked in!

Have a lovely long weekend everyone x

• Blimey, not a happy bunch today then!

MM- sorry you had a rubbish night, hopefully today's not too horrendous and you get a better night tonight.

Munchkin- oh no! How far are you now? Hope the bleeding's not too bad. I sympathise with those injections, I had them when I was admitted last and can agree they hurt!

Hep- sounds like agony. I suppose at least you shouldn't have much longer to endure it now. Really hope baby gets a shifty on and you get some relief.

Al- sounds like you have a lovely afternoon planned! Enjoy.

Morph- you really do need two pairs of hand for exorcist puke clean up operations! Hope A is better today. Sorry to hear about the contractions. As you know I am mega paranoid. That's good they did a fibronectin on you though. Apparently positive doesn't necessarily mean you will go into labour but negative is 99% that you won't so that's good news at least. Have they settled down now?

AFM- just had Sammy's party. Fairly low key at home this year basically with the reading Kleek!  Think the kids enjoyed it. House now back to normal. S asleep on H whilst he watches the footy. He did say he wanted to ride later but we'll see. I'm knackered now! It's his birthday tomorrow. H is playing football which I'm not impressed about, last game of the season apparently. So I'll probably take S out with mum and dad in the morning.  Monday doing a bunny hunt. Hoping to squeeze in some naps too!

Hope everyone feels better for the rest of the weekend.

• Hi girls,

Firstly, huge congrats to NL, what lovely news to log on to!

MM - sorry to hear that you had such a horrible night's sleep and have now fallen out with your H. Men can be so insensitive sometimes, they just simply don't think. Hope that your day with the outlaws passes quickly. Easter chocolate is most definitely the answer!

Munchkin - Poor you, this last week sounds like it's been horrendous. Good luck with the injections, hope that it helps

Hep - so sorry to hear how much pain you are in and that your H is doing little to help. hope that a bath eases some pain and the baby makes an appearance some time soon so that you are not in agony any longer than you need to be

Al - enjoy your day, sounds like lots of fun

Morph - another one having a terrible time, poor you. The sick sounds hideous, I hope that your H has made it up to you today for not helping. Swab sounds painful but good news that they are keeping an extra eye on you. Hope that consultant appointment on Tuesday goes well and at you get a C-section date. I can imagine that you will be glad to finally give birth after the difficult time you seem to have had throughout

WH - Happy Birthday Sammy! Glad that the party went well. Hope that you have a lovely day celebrating tomorrow

AFM - had a lovely lie in this morning and am just back from doing lots of errands in town. We prepped the nursery yesterday and are looking to paint it this afternoon. Need to also order the wall stickers etc which I will also do later. Feels so good to have had time to get the house sorted a bit and am feeling a lot more organised. Have even booked in a man to clean our oven and extractor fan next week so at least baby will arrive to a lovely clean house! As for baby, am feeling a lot more movement today and baby feels quite low and heavy but i'm sure that it's just me getting bigger.

Hope that everyone feels a lot better after some rest this afternoon x

• Hi girlies,

Im a bit of a newbie over here on the 3rd tri, im 28 + 4 today. so iv come to play with the big girls. Thats a little bit scary isnt it.

Maisie, sorry you were feeling rubbish but hope your feeling better today.

Munchkin,  we are 3rd tri now. wow its going uick isnt it. Roll on the next 12 weeks.

Baby out vibes to Hep, you sound like you need them.

Alocin hope you enjoyed your egg hunt.

Morph, the examination sounds hellish, but at least you wasnt in labour.

WH, Glad sammy had a nice day.

Ferbs, Its a nice feeling getting things ready isnt it.

AFM, really uncomfortable past few days, baby is kicking around like a mad thing and sometimes its quite uncomfortable.

we still havnt decided on names, well have decided what we dont want but no clue as to what we do. I have a few in mind that i like, H doesnt agree but has no suggesstions of his own. driving me mad.

Happy easter everybody!!!

• Welcome to 3rd tri MrsC! Name picking is a nightmare isn't it?! H and I keep disagreeing on everything!

• Ferbs- sounds like you have an action packed weekend planned! Hope the nursery is taking shape.

MrsC- welcome over here! I think it's harder choosing a name when it's he 2nd of the same sex!

Hope everyone's had a nice day today