Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

1st Triers - are you there?

Hi ladies,

How is everyone getting on? It seems awfully quiet around here. I struggle to get on at the moment but on a Tuesday morning everyone who sits around me is in a meeting so I can get away with it!

I had my flu jab yesterday, and now I feel like my arm is about to drop off! I'm still battling the queasiness and headaches every day, but hoping to be granted a day off from it this weekend as I'm meeting up with a friend. We had some really sad news towards the back end of last week, H's old boss (who is like a second father to him, he's known him since he was a kid as his son is one of H's best friends) has been diagnosed with the C word, he only retired in September so it just seems so cruel.

Hope you're all doing OK - how are all your Christmas plans coming on?

x

Replies

• Hi ST. I'm still around. Been dipping my toes into the 2nd Tri threads. Have fun with your friend this weekend. Fingers crossed the sickness and headaches stay away. That's really sad about your H's boss. Hopefully they have caught it quickly enough to be treated.

• Hello, I'm new (although I used to be on Hitched) I'm 11+6 with first baby. Looking forward to my scan next week. Had a scare at 7 weeks with a bleed and a visit to the EPU so I have been keeping quiet, but getting excited now the days nearly here to tell everyone. Not had any sickness but lots of nausea and exhaustion. Starting to feel better this week though.

OP I hope you start to feel better soon, the flu jab ache doesn't last long.  

• Hi MS - enjoy 2nd tri! Can't believe you're there already!

FF - Hello and congratulations! Glad to hear you're starting to feel better, I hope I can join you there soon. Have you shared your news with anyone yet or have you been waiting until your scan?

I'm exhausted today, haven't really slept the last 2 nights because my arm hurts too much to lay on. Roll on bed time!

x

• Hi ST. Our parents and siblings know, but we are not telling anyone else until after the 12week scan. I can't wait to tell people :)

• Hello ladies. Been awol of late due to cold number 4 of this pregnancy! This has been the worst by far and I've not been to work all week. Today I feel marginally better so hopefully I'll be back in work tomorrow all being well.

ST I'm so sorry to hear about your Hs boss, life is cruel and there's no getting away from the big C just hope that the treatment works. Hope you have a nice weekend with your freind. Sorry you've not slept but we are almost out of 1st tri when hopefully all the symptoms will tail off.

FF I remember you from Hitched!! Massive congratulations looks like we are almost bang on with our dates too. Sorry you had a scare. I've spotted all the way through and its terrifying. My scan is next Friday it can't come quick enough.

• Hello Claire-Lou52! Mine is on Tuesday so fingers crossed for good news for us both next week :)

• Hi Ladies,

ST - Sorry the flu jab has caused so much pain, hope you get some sleep tonight, and I'm sorry about your H's boss xx

MS - Can't believe you're off to second tri! Hopefully we'll be joining you over the coming weeks.

FF - Good to 'meet' you! I'm pleased to hear your symptoms are getting better.... I can't wait til mine do!

CL- You poor thing I can't believe you've been hit with another cold. I bet the days are dragging on the count down til next Friday now.

AFM - I've been exhausted this week and I've taken to retching but not actually being sick. I had an episode on Monday where I almost fainted. I always promised I'd never moan about pregnancy symptoms... I'm failing!! I'm not managing to eat anything other than beige food really either! Bread is my best friend!

When did you all get your 12 week scan appointments, I've not had mine yet but I see the midwife next Weds, does she give me the appointment?

• Dolly - Tell me about it. I've come in today but I'm thinking maybe that was a bad idea but I'll see how I go and if I need to go home I will.    Dolly sorry to hear of your fainting episode that must have been scary!  Don't be hard on yourself lovely, you've been through the mill haven't you and I said the same but I've moaned loads, just know your over half way now and there is light at the end of the tunnel.

I'm off to Hoar Cross this weekend yeyyyy! Spa weekend with the girls and if ever there was a weekend I needed it's this one. Hubby is going to pick our tree in my asence ready to decorate Monday I am so excited! I might even dig out all the decorations tonight, I'm like a big kid but my excuse for it going up early is that we leave for Mums on the 23rd and don't return until after the new year so I need to make the most of it!  

When is everyone putting their decs up?

• Morning ladies,

I'm feeling just about ready to dip my toe in here.

ST-  I hope your arm is feeling better now. My GP inisting on giving me my flu jab a couple of days before my wedding. I hope that the headached and quisiness back off soon. Sorry to hear about your H's old boss. The C word is always so hard to hear.

MS - I hope that both of your beans are growing well

FF - Hi, I remember you from hitched. ( I used a different name there). Congrats and not long now until your scan :-)

DP - I just noticed your ticker and thought where has the time gone! Bad news on the reching fainting. I hope both ease up for you in the next few weeks. I wouldn't feel bad moaning about your symptoms. I know I wont when mine fully start

CL - Have a lovely time at the spa. H has said that we can put up our tree this weekend and I'm so firggin excited. I say we should have a tree flash once they are up.

AFM - Still not really feeling pregnant other than sore boobs and some odd cramps which are sending me into a constant panic. I ended up telling 2 of the girls at work that I'm pg which was odd as I haven't even told my mum yet but we are regular after work wine drinkers and I would rather have them on side and covering for me as opposed to starting rumours. Off to a Christmas craft fair with my aunt tomorrow which I'm really looking forward to.