Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

23/02 Weekly all tri thread

Afternoon all :)

How is everyone? Did we all have good weekends?

I'm starting to feel a little uncomfortable now, needing the loo every 5 minutes and struggling to get comfy at night. I'm feeling lucky that I've made it to nearly 33 weeks before it really kicked in though, I'm sure I was like this much earlier with S. Other than that, not much to report. 

My cousin and his wife welcomed a baby girl yesterday though, so thank you for all the baby out vibes! After lots of faffing worrying that she was having a ginormobaby she had a gorgeous 7lb-er! I am slightly put out as I am the only person I know who had an 8lb+ baby and I was hoping for a show of solidarity from her (jk). I am off to meet her Friday - can't wait for newborn cuddles....argh!

Hi to all (any!) that follow! x

Replies

• Hi popcorn,

Lovely news for your cousin. Does she have a name? Glad to hear you're only just feeling uncomfortable. Not long to go now! Are you all ready for the new arrival?

My SIL had an 11 pounder! And a lady I know who's only 4ft 10 had a 10 pound 4 baby! Yikes!

Afm-just over 11 weeks now, counting down to the scan next Tuesday. Bought my first baby related item at the weekend, maternity trousers for work! Couldn't get my normal ones done up.

Hi to all that follow (or just you popcorn!)

• Yep! She had a cesarean though. All the way through they told her she just had lots of fluid and a normal sized baby, apparently not! Their second was then only an 8 pounder too.

• Holey - she's called Pearl which I love! Pleased that it didn't clash with any of our name choices though, I was a bit worried about that! 11lbs though, blimey! It just goes to show though how you can never really tell. I had a late scan with S and the weight prediction was pretty spot on but I have heard lots of stories of it being really out. Mat trousers are the way forward, soooo much more comfortable.

JJ - 8lb-ers aren't really that huge are they, it's just people a,ways comment when I tell them S's birthweight. "Ooh he was a good size" and "where were you hiding him?!"

• Morning ladies.

Popcorn - I feel your pain! I made it to about 31 weeks without moaning too much and now it's pretty much all I do! I long for a night where I can sleep without being in some kind of pain! Great news on your cousin's baby and I love the name Pearl - glad it didn't clash with any of yours though, that's always a worry!!

Holey - Eek next Tuesday will be here before you know it! Do you have plans for doing an announcement or anything? I really wanted to do a quirky facebook announcement but couldn't come up with anything so didn't do anything in the end, which I'm a bit disappointed by! Yay for maternity trousers, best thing ever! I hope I can live in mine for a while post- birth!

JJ - hope your little one is doing well and still getting on well with breastfeeding.

AFM - I finish work NEXT week, how did that happen! I started packing up my desk yesterday and suddenly everything started to feel real! Not much else to report baby-wise, just generally uncomfortable all the time, everything you take for granted is now a struggle!

In other news - we've had a potential sighting on our cat who's still missing, apparently there's been one similar hiding in some rocks. The person who's spotted it is a dog walker and their dog has sniffed it out a couple of times. We're meeting them this evening for them to show us, trying not to get my hopes up but really hope it's him!

• Morning Ladies!

Popcorn - That's lovely news about your cousin!  Enjoy having a squish when you see her later this week!  (I'll join you in the 8lb+ baby club...I'm only 5"1' and had a 10lb 4oz! I'm hoping that with me going for an ELCS that this one might be a little smaller! - I'm measuring bang on for bump size vs weeks this time (I was measuring above average the last time)

Holey - sorry you've had to buy mat trousers already.  Hope your scan goes well next week!

Woowoo - Yay to finishing work soon!  I loved clearing my desk the last time, You don't realise just how much stuff you have until you're clearing it!  Fingers are crossed about your cat too! I hope he comes home! x

AFM - 9 weeks left at work for me! or more importantly, 34 working days! I'm not working a full week until my very last week, when i'll hopefully be doing a hand over with my cover!  Baby RKB is very like their brother in that they have a pretty damn good kick on them!  I'm just waiting on their feet going into my rib cage.  Currently they're battling with the elasticated part of my bump band.  crazy child!

Oh! And W did the funniest thing this morning!  Last night he wouldn't give me a kiss good night, so i pretended to cry by putting my face in my hands and making sobbing noises and then looking at him and he would just laugh, so naturally i laughed too.  Cue this morning and when i went to ask for a kiss before i left for work, the little bizum starting coping me from last night and pretending to cry when i asked for a kiss!  I couldn't stop laughing, and he thinks it's hilarious!

• Afternoon everyone,  mind if I join in? I had my son in 2012 and was on H a lot then, now am 6 weeks pregnant with no. 2. Am actually a little bit confused about how far along I am! Based on lmp I'm 7 weeks, but I know when I ovulated and that date makes me 6 weeks. But when I did the cbd at 2 weeks post ov it said 3+ weeks then...I'll go with 6 and a half weeks to even it out! I have my booking in appointment this afternoon,  they might help with my poor brain!

popcorn-sorry you're uncomfortable,  good you made it this far feeling ok though!

holey - not long till your scan now, exciting!

Woowoo-sorry you're uncomfortable too, great that you don't have long at work now!

rkb - that's cute about W! How old is he now?

• I'm ready to jump back in now that a lot of the uncertainty has left us :)

Popcorn - congrats to your cousin and his wife! I can't even face the thought of what this baby might weigh if it follows the trend set by my sister and my brother's wife - the smallest of my 4 nieces was 8lb 9! Boo to feeling uncomfortable, I do definitely feel your pain there.

Holey - Bet you can't wait for next Tuesday. You've done well holding off til now for maternity trousers, I had my mat jeans from 9 weeks because I couldn't stand the discomfort of my normal ones. I still only have the one pair though, I really need to remedy that!

Woowoo - Wow, next week - so close! I really hope you find your cat.

RKB - That's really not a lot of working days left, yay! W sounds so cute, bless him.

AFM - well, it's been a while since I've done one of these! I'm still off work with HG (just starting the 8th week, I think? Kind of losing track of time now), and I'm also not sleeping terribly well due to a combination of hip pain and discomfort, and having a little monkey on board who likes to indulge in disco dancing in the middle of the night. But at least I've got nothing in particular to get up for, other than watching TV and - if I feel up to it - a spot of household chores. The most exciting thing I've got going on really is coordinating all my appointments, and by some miracle I've got a completely appointment-free week this week!

• Hi ladies! Great to see the BT forum moving a lot more. Well done popcorn.

Popcorn- I love your cousins name choice, it's so pretty and will suit any age. Talking about big babies I had been told all the way through that Dexter was going to be small (around 5lb), we were surprised when we were passed a 9lb2 baby. So they can definitely get it wrong. I'm not expecting two of that size this time though. Haha.

Holey best of luck for the scan next Tuesday. You've done well getting so far without needing maternity trousers yet, but they are sooooo comfy aren't they.

JJ- nice to "see" you. How are things going?

Woowoo- yay for finishing next week! You have my sympathy for being uncomfortable. I feel your pain, I've been uncomfortable for a couple of weeks now and still have 9 weeks to go. How am I going to cope? Really hope it's your cat.

RKB - bless W, they do the funniest things don't they. I hope that 9 weeks goes quickly for you.

Welsh thistle- congrats on pregnancy number two. Good luck for your booking in appointment. How old is your first?

ST- yay for an appointment free week. Sorry to hear you aren't sleeping too well.

AFM- had a scan and saw my consultant this afternoon. All was fine. But the larger twins growth is tailing off a bit and he's not really the larger twin now. They have offered us amniocentesis as it can be a sign of genetic abnormalities (here we go again) but we've turned it down for now as it wouldn't change any decision regarding carrying on with the pregnancy for us. That will be reviewed again at 34 weeks, when it may have some benefit to do the amnio as it could affect neonatal care. But for now we are just keeping an eye on them both at my regular two week scans. In my heart I know there is nothing wrong and so I'm not at all worried but I also don't feel I will make it to 36 weeks. I think you can put a lot down to mothers intuition.

We had our first full nights sleep in a while last night. D has had a virus and a high temp for around 5 days and seems to be getting back to normal now, thank goodness. We've got my Nephews 1st birthday party this Sat. So I'm really looking forward to seeing family and my Nephew of course. I've not seen him for a while. I'm sure him and D will have some fun playing together.

Hi to all who follow.

• WW - that's hopeful about your cat. I would be in bits if I lost mine so I actually keep thinking of you and hoping for a good outcome :) Yay to last week at work! Mine was the most surreal thing, packing up my desk etc. Hope it all goes well.

RKB - that's so cute about W, little rascal! S is just starting to copy us a bit more and I love it although it makes you realise how impressionable they are!

WT - congrats on your BFP, welcome to the weekly all tri thread (shame there's not enough of us for more threads though). Hope booking in goes ok.

ST - lovely to see you again, glad you feel up to posting :) Sorry you're still suffering from HG though, that's awful. Use your quiet week to rest up lots and enjoy Homes Under The Hammer (or whatever tickles your daytime TV fancy!)

• Wow! Getting busier!

Popcorn - pearl is such a pretty name! Is she their first?

Woowoo - good news on your cat. Keeping my fingers crossed it's yours. No plans for a fb announcement at all tbh, although I love stalking other people on there I don't really share that much on there. A couple I know announced theirs by posting a photo of their converse and a baby pair.

RKB - That's so funny! He sounds like a right little character!

WT - congratulations! Hope the booking in appointment was ok.

ST - don't go doing anything too adventurous! You should be relaxing. I hope you're feeling better soon though.

MS - glad to hear you're being well looked after. Hope D is feeling better soon. First birthday parties are either lovely or tiring! We've got 8 nieces and nephews so got plenty of experience already!

Yep maternity trousers are v.comfy but I keep thinking my flies are undone because they haven't got any! Only 1 week to go, hoping this week keeps going quickly. work is so mental that I'm not really thinking about it.