Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

4 week old with a cold - what can I do to help / make him feel better

H seems to be coming down with a cold - he's very sniffly / mucusy and has a runny nose,

is there anything I can give him to help with his breathing? He seems ok in himself, just a big more clingy but I'm worried about him not being able to breathe properly or choking.

tia

x

Replies

• Options

A had this 2 weeks ago and there's not a lot they can have, saline nasal drops or spray are good. We used Nasosal. Raised mattress in crib helped her sleep, and you can buy a little snot sucker thing in boots to clear their little noses.

• Options

Just what TSC said- I also sat in the bathroom with J will the shower was running on the hottest setting, the steam seemed to help him a bit x

• Options

la1510

Just what TSC said- I also sat in the bathroom with J will the shower was running on the hottest setting, the steam seemed to help him a bit x

I also did this, and  sat her in the bathroom in her chair while I had a shower.

• Options

Thanks I will look in the shops today and do the shower trick

• Options

Prop up the head end of his cot/moses basket. Can also put baby albus oil on cot sheet or on a muslin near him. Poor poppet its horrible when they're snuffly x