Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

A bit of MY news - updated in OP

13»

Replies

• Options

Have come to this late but so glad you had a positive meeting with the doctor and hope it really helps you. Well done for facing it and lots of luck xxx

• Options

All sounds like a positive start. I hope counselling helps you x

• Options

I *think* so MissusS but I have no experience of it so would be lying if I pretended to understand it completely x

• Options

Glad that there was a good outcome, Hollywood.  I hope you're sorted and you can get your sessions sorted soon with the psychologist, and you're issues can be talked through.  Well done you on seeking help, and well done to your H for going with you xx

• Options

I think you are so brave HW, for getting through all you did in the first place, and for facing this now in order to try and move forwards and hopefully ttc. Whatever you decide, I think the counselling will be so worthwhile and I wish you the very best with yet another brave move xx PS - your H sounds fab :)

• Options

My H is lovely Love

• Options

Meant to reply yesterday HW, but phone was playing silly devils. Well done on taking the first step, I'm pleased that your GP was so supportive and I hope the referral comes through soon x

• Options

I've not been online for over 5 weeks so missed this post earlier. I can identify EXACTLY with what you have written. I was on edge the day that Kate went in hospital and found myself sobbing when the BA was made live on TV. I think the fact that she had a boy and much emphasis was made on the fact that they had a son and that William was a proud father and then all the speculation that they were bonding etc made me feel so sad about our experience. I felt sick with anxiety. I texted a few of my premmie friends and it helped. One friend said that when she had her second healthy pregnancy with a term baby it helped heal some of the pain; it's just being brave enough to take that big step, eh?big hugs xxx. Last year I was referred back to counselling but being an NHS practice they only offered it on a certain days and at a time that didn't fit in with Luke's pre school sessions and I don't have anyone who else who can look . I hope your sessions help. xxx

• Options

You have been very brave to take this step and see your GP. I am really pleased she was supportive.

I am currently going through CBT on a one to one and group basis, it is helping me tremendously, I am do glad I am on this path right now.  

Good Luck and you know where I am if you want to discuss CBT

Nina x

• Options

I've only just come to this and just wanted to say that I think you're amazing. Not just for going through what you went through but for addressing your issues now, and for writing it all down here. It must have been really difficult. It's good that you've got a supportive GP and I've heard great things about CBT, I'm sure you'll benefit from it. xx