Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Abdominal Pressure at 13 Weeks

I'm 13+2 today. I've been feeling this pressure the last few days in my lower abdomen like somebody is pressing their hand against it.  It's not painful as such, just uncomfortable

Initially I was only really feeling it when I was lying on my back, today I'm feeling it when I'm standing and walking around. I'm thinking it's too early for anything like this??

did anyone else have this and is it anything to worry about??

TIA

Replies

• Could it be a UTI CA? I've had feelings that I can only really describe as on / off pressure in that area and now I've had the UTI diagnosed I believe its probably linked. I've had no other symptoms that I'd normally get with a UTI apart from the pressure.

• Thanks Pep, could be I guess.  I had that checked and everything was ok on Monday.  It feels a bit better now so I'll see how it goes.

Hope you're ok lovely x

• Yeah keep an eye on it. I'm sure it's nothing to worry about but if you are concerned there's no harm in ringing your midwife for reassurance :)

I'm OK thanks, sickness is being a budger again. Been in bed for 2 days as everything is such effort when you feel so unwell! Hope you're OK :-)

• CA, I've had 2 (maybe 3) bouts of what I call my 'water balloon'. It's pressure low down, uncomfortable, and I feel very, well, 'fragile'. It felt like the start of a UTI but each time it didn't materialise. I felt like carrying my tummy around to prevent the discomfort with every step. It soon passed. I did try to up my water intake each time, in case it was UTI-linked. I made an extra midwife appointment last time because I was worrying and she gave me the all-clear and was lovely about it.

I'd definitely recommend chatting by 'phone with your mw and seeing what she thinks. :)

(Pepperoni - hope you feel better soon)

• Thanks Counter.

Hope you're ok Pep