Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Apps for recording feeds etc

For formula feeding or breastfeeding? I know a couple of my nct class used a breastfeeding one, I'll find out which. I really struggled to find one for bottle feeding though.

Replies

• I tried to use a breastfeeding one but got really confused! I'm sure there's a way round it so you can use the ap for either way of feeding-maybe in my newborn haze I wasn't thinking straight!

The aps tended to record which side the baby had fed from and how long for, whereas I just needed to know the time of feed and how much. In the end I relied on my (rubbish) memory and the fact that luckily S was like clockwork and wanted feeding every three hours regardless of what was going on!

• I used an app on the iPhone called BabyFeed (picture is a pink circle on a blue background).  Was excellent - covers BF and FF, shows how long since last feed, how much, you can chart sleep, nappies, feeds (BF/FF/expressed) and growth and it also has a reminder for when next feed is due. My daughter was little and lost a lot of weight after birth and this was genuinely a mindsaver when I didn't know if I was coming or going.

I haven't used it since July (since she was 8 months old) but it's still on my phone ready to use for #2. I can't remember how much it was but I doubt it will have been more than £2. It was one of the best things I bought when she was born!!

• I have an android phone and use a free app called Baby care - track baby growth! by BreetJia ... it does everything in once place and you can view graphs etc showing the last 7/30/60 days stats. I use mine for nappy changes, expressing milk, breast feeds, bottle feeds and solids. You can also do other things like sleep and temperature etc but I've not used those ones :)