Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

baby fever

Me and H have both been ill this week, and b has had a bit if a fever on and off the last few days, he's fine in himself, but every so often he gets a fever of about 38, should i be giving calpol every time or not? he had it twice yesterday, and only once the day before

Replies

• At 38 if he's fine in himself I wouldn't. If it idea higher or he's unwell I would. Might be teeth?

• Great, that's what I was thinking as he seems fine and don't want to give if its not needed as it doesn't seem to be going up and cools down again. I was wondering about teeth as he does have his hands in his mouth alot but he's only 7 weeks corrected, and I can't seem anything in his mouth yet

• It's up to you. I always medicate for over 37.5 tbh. If its 38 and they are fine in themselves then I just give regular calool, if its higher and they are symptomatic I give a weight related dose and brufen too. I suppose if you don't want to medicate then if just give plenty fluids and keep him in light clothing x

• Thanks cp, ill see how his temp goes and if it stays up ill give him some calpol