Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Baby weaning

Following the advice of Bens consultant we have started weaning, so far just with a tiny amount of baby rice, as he is only 11 weeks corrected, we are not able to use finger foods yet, what fruit and veg is really easy to purée? he's taken to a spoon ok but I'm reluctant to give any jar type of foods at the moment as they are not runny enough for him, any suggestions?

Replies

• I've no idea sorry, we didn't puree. Perhaps banana would be an easy one to blend and maybe you could add formula to make it even smoother? Did your consultant not think to advise on what to give him though? How is Ben enjoying food?

• he didnt advise a great deal about it as he said the hv should be able to help but they haven't been very helpful, he's having a bit of baby rice using his milk which he has been taking and enjoying, he cried yesterday when I took it away. There's a few prem guides that mention adding fruit to the rice for flavour, so banana will be a good one to add. I think I'm going to need to buy a blender as he can't have any lumps at the moment, also a steamer as I never steam veg but I know its keeps more vitamins in if you do

• Sweet potatoes and carrots would be good ones to try. Fruit wise, anything you can stew would puree well, apples, plums, eh can't think of more cos I didn't really puree wean. The little fruit pots you get in the supermarket would be an easy option. They're just 100% fruit and organix, hipp etc all have their own ones

• Soft bananas can be mashed to a really runny consistency.pear and apple can be stewed and blended. You can buy pots of pured fruit which is really runny, and tasty too, like hipp organic.

• Thankyou, ill have a look for the hipp organic fruit pots and the hipp organic milk is the only one that doesn't cause him tummy problems so hoping he will be ok on he food aswell

• Re a steamer we got a tiny one, size of a side plate that you put in the microwave, pinned undr a child atm so can't check the make.  It was perfect, really quick to use and takes up no space in the cupboard

• Found it sistema small microwave plate can't link on my phone.

• Fab thankyou, ill have a look at that