Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Bearing down I think; is this ok?

Feels like it's my day for questions! I'm 28 weeks and today have had the most uncomfortable feeling of baby pressing down into my pelvic girdle. I'm walking like I've sh*t myself! There's no leakage, just strong BH contractions since about midnight; they're making me gasp for breath.

I've text my midwife, but I'm sure it's probably normal <wibble>

Is it? I'm quite scared.

Replies

• I don't know Sange. I remember Bailey posting about pressure and BH and then her son was born the following day!

I really hope it is just one of those things and settle for your soon. And I hope the midwife gets back to you too!

• I remember a lot of pressure from just before 30w but I didn't have any BH. Can you take a bath and see if they ease?

• Call the MW to be sure. It's probably nothing, but not worth the risk of it being something. Keep us updated and hopefully everything is hunkydory.

• Worth speaking to your midwife but probably just one of those things.  I remember it happening when I was around 36 weeks with Orla, and I was convinced that I was in labour.  I wasn't.

• I don't remember that happening to me. Hope you are okay and the MW comes back to you.

• I got the same feeling, but without the BH. May be worth calling your MW though, for peace of mind if nothing else.

• Definately call your midwife to get checked! Its probably nothing but after mine sudden labour its not worth the risk

• How're you doing Sange? Did the mw get back to you? Can't believe you're 28 weeks already x

• It's eased off now, though bump has dropped. What  bl**dy fright. I got in the bath when I got home, then went straight to bed. I'm going to have to start taking it a bit easier I think. Thanks for all of your advice and thoughts. I have also added to the weekend job list 'pack hospital bag'.

• Glad you are OK Sange. I was thinking about you this morning

• Just clocked this. Glad all seems to be OK, rest up well x

• Glad you're ok but if you're at all worried call mw

• Glad to hear you're ok, good idea to take it easy I think, take care x

• Hope all has been well since sange x